• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metal Gear Online is Officially Gone

I don't know if this is still legit for most players but the servers are officially closed as of June 12th, the service has been going since the release of MGS4 and has had a few dedicated players still going strong. I myself stopped playing a year ago and I find it funny to say that I almost shed a tear when I seen the 'going offline' message.

I don't know how many people on ZD have played MGO or if any of you have played MGO at all, it was a great online game and I would probably say I enjoyed it a lot more than COD, even though I do have fun playing COD sometimes.
So, I found this video and even though it isn't that interesting it is pretty funny and sad to watch if you have enjoyed this game.

[video=youtube;DRuouKk3TiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DRuouKk3TiY#![/video]​

Are there any online games that you used to play that closed down in the past? I recall a game I used to play called Phantasy Star Online on the Gamecube which closed down years ago but I wasn't as involved.

Anyway, goodbye Metal Gear Online, and thank you for introducing me to the world of competitive online gaming. Hopefully one day a third installment will come out.

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I played MGO all of 1 time. I couldn't get into the control scheme was weird for me. I had a hard enough time with MGS4 so I wasn't any good at it and was getting one shotted constantly and after that I never got on again I never had the desire to. However it is always a sad occasion when any good games online servers go down forever
i_hug_that_feel.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom