• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metal and Rock Music

cthuluhu

nine arts dragon
Personally, I really like Metallica, ACDC, The Cars, Avenged Sevnofold, and Queen.

How about you guys?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh, where do I even start.

I absolutely adore rock and metal, and I love way too many bands to even list here. Though, among my favourites would be Rush, Avenged Sevenfold, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica, Def Leppard, Kiss, Dream Theater, Queen, Alice Cooper, Slipknot, Van Halen... The list goes on and on.

Salem

SICK
Wow, it's great to see some rock love in this forum. <3

Among my favorite bands are: AC/DC, Metallica, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Nirvana, System of a Down, Marilyn Manson, Green Days. I actuallu have a lot more to talk about, but that's it for now I guess.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Queen <3

have a lot of favorites from them; It's late, I want to break free, Headlong, Princes of the Universe, Bohemian rhapsody, Dead on time etc. etc.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
Both Metal and Rock have vast amount of sub-genres, especially metal, so there's something for everyone! (Well Should be). That's what makes them so great.
My favorites would be, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne (Solo stuff), Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Rammstein, Oomph!, System of a Down, Serj Tankian (Solo stuff), Scars on Broadway, Leverage, Brother Firetribe, Pain, Olympus Mons, The Darkness, ..., ..., ..., ...., I won't waste time by going on.

I'll share this because Finnish Melodic Power Metal FTW!
[video=youtube;03ePbjRMjsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ePbjRMjsk[/video]

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I mainly listen to j-rock like L'Arc~en~Ciel (my current favorite band). Most of the music I listen to comes from theme songs for anime, which is how I was introduced to it. I also like classic rock like Pink Floyd and Electric Light Orchestra, although I don't listen to it nearly as much as I listen to j-rock. Most of the classic rock I like, I like because my parents listen to it. So I was introduced to most of it by being around them. I don't really listen to a lot of metal, but I do like symphonic metal like Rhapsody of Fire. Although, I haven't listened to them in a long time... I still like it, though. I don't remember exactly how I was introduced to it. I believe it was while browsing through YouTube, though.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
AW YEAH! FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO ADORES ROCK AND METAL!

My favorite bands are Metallica, AC DC, Avenged Sevenfold, Tenacious D, Linkin Park, Guns 'N' Roses, Slash (not really a band, he's just going solo now), etc...

Hanyou

didn't build that
Oh, where do I even start.

That's how I feel.

My favorite bands are all rock and metal bands.

There's prog/metal band Symphony X:

[video=youtube;qhUWYOnTV3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhUWYOnTV3c[/video]

Folk/rock band Fleet Foxes:

[video=youtube;xSB74LZDNr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSB74LZDNr0[/video]

Rush:

[video=youtube;FpsyrfoX8zw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpsyrfoX8zw[/video]

But hell, there's also Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Flogging Molly, Spock's Beard, Candlemass, Trouble, Nightwish, The Moody Blues, Kansas, Genesis, Yes, and dozens upon dozens of other bands I've failed to mention.

To be fair, these genres are almost unfairly broad, but they're so fantastic I don't even care.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Aw yeah, dis my thread.

I am a fan of techno, metal, amd jazz, but of those three metal is my favorite. My favorite bands are Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Cities and Saints, Random Hero, Red, Pillar, Skillet, Nightwish and Equilibrium.

My favorite songs are White Pearl, Black Oceans,, Through the Fire and Flames, and the Pokemon Theme Song feat. Tony Kakko.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't like a lot of metal bands but there are a few I absolutely love. Top of that list if Megadeth, who are easily my favourite band of all time. Disturbed take the silver on that list. They were the first metal band I ever really listened to and, cheesy as it sounds, I found I could relate to their lyrics a great deal when I was seven-teen. Nowadays I'm just hooked on the way their music is structured and Dave Draiman's voice. I also have a fondness for Annihilator.

I only really got into the metal I do listen to through Guitar Hero. The demo for Guitar Hero Metallica encouraged me to listen to their albums and I loved them, at the time. Throught that I went and listened to a bunch of other bands, like Machine Head and Sylosis, but very few of them stuck. Chief amongst those was Megadeth. Now I can't listen to Metallica recreationally because I find their music incredibly slow and boring.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I am a really big metalhead, where do I even start? I love Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Symphony X, Japan X, Katana, Constantine, Redemption, Haken, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and so much more lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom