• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[MEGATHREAD]Beginners Guide to Playing, and Moderating Mafia (+Index, Glossary, FAQs & Discussion)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So at this point in time we need to decide if we have the ability to start holding some larger games again. We can start up another small one and then start working on pulling people into a large one if someone wants to host it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
As of now, I can think of 11 or 12 people who might play the next game. I advertised in the Shoutbox, so let's see if we can get a few more.
@A Link In Time you have the next Normal/Large game. Do you still want to run it and how many players do you want?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hello everybody;

So, I was doing my GKA nominations tonight, and it made me think about the Mafia Awards that we, more than once, tried to do here. About a year ago, we tried to do a Mafia Awards for 2015, and lots of people ended up posting and nominating, but then nothing ended up coming of it. It seemed like it was going to be a success, then everything just... stopped, abruptly. I feel like, since the revival of this section back in February of 2016, there have been plenty of great games and a good number of new players, so now would be a great time to get the Mafia Awards up and running again; but if we do it, we'd have to actually stick with it this time and keep it going. I think there are enough active players now to make something like this work, but I'd like to hear what everybody else thinks before going along with it. I'd be down to host them, as I know I can be consistent with updates and counting and everything else.

So what does everyone think about this? My proposal is to start a new awards thread, and allow any game that has taken place since 2016 began (so from Mafia Revival to Chaos Mafia II) to be taken into account. I could post the thread as early as tomorrow if enough people are interested, and get this off the ground for real, after 3 or 4 failed attempts.

EDIT: To also make it easier, I would include a list in the OP, with links to every game that is eligible for nomination.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have a potential OP written out in a Word Document atm. I'm not really expecting anyone, or a lot of people, to be against the idea, so perhaps I'll post it in the morning unless anyone says otherwise. I think running Mafia Awards alongside the GKAs is actually a good idea.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think that sounds like a great idea! I don't know a whole lot of people here, so my votes in the GKA are going to be limited, but since I'm most familiar with the mafia forum on this site I would love to be able to vote for awards for it. :^^:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
How would people feel about a setup discussion thread? A place to break down previous games, what worked, what didn't, have the mod explain their process in how they built the game? It would be a good learning experience for new mods and something cool for the people who played those games.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
How would people feel about a setup discussion thread? A place to break down previous games, what worked, what didn't, have the mod explain their process in how they built the game? It would be a good learning experience for new mods and something cool for the people who played those games.

I would actually really love something like that!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I would love to talk about the thoughts and ideas that went into creating the games I've modded, particularly Avengers and Sloth Mafia. I support this idea completely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom