• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Megacomic by AwdryFan1997

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Megacomic 5.png
This took far longer than I desired. But, it's here. I debated myself over the Plugman scene for a while, and after some alterations I've concluded that I have written this subplot, and now I must reap what I have sown.

I went into further detail here: https://sites.google.com/view/af97com/megacomic

And yes, I did fulfill my promise. Perfectly balanced.

AwdryFan1997

Megacomic 6 censored.png
I think I pulled a nice save in this issue after the Plugman scene. And a nice save after accidentally uploading the uncensored version, whoops. Rush's foul language can be viewed at https://sites.google.com/view/af97com/megacomic

The next issue introduces, like, all of the OCs.
(Edit: Ignore the above- last minute story changes for the sake of narrative flow)

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

To those who remain waiting:

Yes, Megacomic is still being worked on. I am ashamed to announce that I have developed a rough fifteen to twenty chapter outline and a pretty solid path for Megacomic to follow. Chapter One, including the first few pages I drew back in December of 2020, the dozen or so installments drawn during the summer of 2021, and the stuff I've been retroactively inserting in over the last few months, is about halfway finished. But, as you can see, going on two years after Megacomic officially started and it is far from being released. I am proud to announce that the real reason is that I am lazy and have a very short attention span. Also I have a life outside of the internet that I have been negligent with recently.

Then today happened. I finished drawing the next installment (Installment Seven, Chapter One: Part Ten) and put it in the scanner to put it on my computer so I can edit it and release it here. I don't know how it happened, but my admittedly never quite reliable scanner is no longer working with my desktop. I am incredibly annoyed. Of course, I probably could've avoided this if I hadn't suddenly told myself that the next installment would be better off as an animation, and then wasting time trying to make a shoddy cartoon of Megacomic's fifty percent dialogue-driven humor. My profile post on the sixteenth of October saying I'd need "two more weeks" (in reality, three) is from when I realized that what I'd been doing was stupid and I should just stick with what I already know I'm bad at.

Where do I go from here? Well, I'm once again thinking about my old plan of getting other artists to do the heavy lifting for me, with no reward outside of credit, and maybe "exposure" I guess. But I remember when I first started this comic, and people reacted positively to my off-model doodles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think my "art" "style" is part of the appeal of Megacomic. The other fifty percent, along with my idiosyncratic "humor". But my scanner acting up is the final straw. I hate the editing process enough anyway (I tried switching to GIMP and just couldn't get into it. But I dunno, maybe I could come back to it now that I've found such passion for Adobe software). I wanna hear all of your thoughts on this idea. I'm reluctant to make this a collaborative effort, but I'm not as afraid of asking for help as I am of Megacomic dying out. Anyone interested in helping out is welcome to respond here. I don't expect anything from anyone and I especially don't want to burden anyone with something as stupid as this. Just thoughts that I'm throwing out onto the internet. Nothing new.

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

Happy two years of Megacomic. Seriously, it's been two years, and what do I have to show for it?

First off, I made a wiki. I shouldn't have, but I did. Feel free to contribute if you so desire: https://megacomic.fandom.com/wiki/Megacomic_Wiki:Encyclopaedia_Megacomica

Expect Megacomic to be updated somewhat frequently in 2023. I'm making that a New Year's Resolution. That is how it started in the first place, after all. I asked @Gorozoron to draw the next Installment (that's what I'm calling the installments, capital "I" Installments) a while ago, and as far as I've been told that is still a thing that is happening unless she says otherwise.

I was originally going to include a text-only Installment here, because I thought it would work good as just text and would at least get something out there, but honestly it'd only be funny as a visual thing. The script needs more time in the metaphorical pressure cooker as well. You know what? I hate pressure cookers and crockpots and all that. They suck.

There's something I'm probably forgetting, but whatever. Happy New Year, everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom