• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mega Metagross CoroCoro Magazine Reveal!

Fig

The Altruist
CoroCoro Magazine has revealed an image of Steven Stone with a Mega Metagross! Mega Metagross will most likely be a part of Steven's team when you battle against him for the final battle. Here's how Mega Metagross will appear in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire! Steven Stone will also be using his Mega Brooch in order to Mega Evolve his Metagross!
corocoro814.jpg
corocoro8142.jpg

We are also lucky enough to see exactly how he will be appearing in the game. It's also quite possible that Mega Metagross may get the ability Levitate to compensate the nerf that the Steel Typing received being unable to resist both Dark and Ghost Types. Stay tuned for more information on Mega Metagross!

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Okay, Mega Metagross looks cool. I wonder if you can actually Mega Evolve your own Metagross as well.

It's more than likely that we will, though judging the fact that Steven Stone has a Mega Metagross, I think we would only get the Mega Stone for Metagross post-game. After all we all only got the Gardevoirite after the champion was defeated. That's just speculation as why we do meet Steven more than once throughout the course of the game so perhaps there is a chance we might get the stone prior to the Elite 4.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I TOLD YOU GUYS IT WOULD HAPPEN!!!

Levitiate would be an excellent Ability for him to have. It effectively gives him a free, permanent Magnet Rise, which not only gets rid of his weakness to Ground-type attacks, but also makes him ripe for Earthquake abuse in Doubles!

Last edited:
Mega Metagross is really exciting, and it appears as though Levitate is a good candidate for the Mega's ability. That said, I do have to wonder if Levitate would make it OP...given that due to relatively high defenses, Metagross is not that vulnerable to physical Dark-type attacks. I don't use Metagross very much, but how much value does its Psychic typing grant...just defense against Fighting-type? I ask because I wonder if Mega Metagross can just have a type change to just Steel or something.

Fig

The Altruist
Mega Metagross is really exciting, and it appears as though Levitate is a good candidate for the Mega's ability. That said, I do have to wonder if Levitate would make it OP...given that due to relatively high defenses, Metagross is not that vulnerable to physical Dark-type attacks. I don't use Metagross very much, but how much value does its Psychic typing grant...just defense against Fighting-type? I ask because I wonder if Mega Metagross can just have a type change to just Steel or something.

Alright, I will briefly explain how Metagross works since I have been using him since Ruby/Sapphire. Prior to Gen VI, Metagross was incredible. It's Psychic/Steel typing and its defenses allowed it to be a bulky tank and return a massive amount of damage to its glorious 135 base Attack stat. It's also because of its typing that it was able to resist both Dark and Ghost types, two types that were super effect to pure Psychic-type Pokemon such as Alakazam. This all changed when Gen VI became a thing. Steel lost its resistance to both Dark and Psychic, theoretically making Metagross a pure Psychic-type if it would be hit by a Dark or Ghost type move. Despite that fact, Metagross is still able to be a powerhouse and still be viable in competitive play.

With that in mind, I don't think Mega Metagross would change into a pure Psychic-type or Steel-type. The only Pokemon that has a Mega that lost a type when mega evolving is Aggron going from Steel/Rock to pure Steel. However, this compensated when he was given the ability Filter which cuts the damage from super effective moves in half, enabling Mega Aggron to still be a bulky wall and had less weaknesses such as only a 2x weakness to Fighting instead of 4x. Judging by the design of Meta Metagross, it looks like it will retain it's Psychic/Steel typing and the potential ability of Levitate. Levitate would be really good for Mega Metagross as it would make it immune to Ground-type moves such as Earth Power which would usually result in a one-hit knock out (OHKO) against a regular Metagross. This is just a brief analysis of what I have to say for [Mega] Metagross but I still wanted to give my two cents on my speculation on what would most likely be my favorite Mega Pokemon.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Mega Metagross is really exciting, and it appears as though Levitate is a good candidate for the Mega's ability. That said, I do have to wonder if Levitate would make it OP...given that due to relatively high defenses, Metagross is not that vulnerable to physical Dark-type attacks.

He's absolutely railed by Dark Pulse, though -- not to mention Shadow Ball.

Yeah, I guess Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball are more ubiquitous than I thought. Levitate would be a great ability on Mega Metagross without breaking the game.

EDIT: Of course, by high defenses I was talking about Defense. Metagross's Special Defense is a little icky.

According to translations of the Corocoro scans, Mega Metagross's Ability will be Tough Claws. Considering that it's claws are sharply pointing outward, Tough Claws makes alot more sense otherwise they wouldn't bother including this in it's design if they were just gonna give it levitate.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
According to translations of the Corocoro scans, Mega Metagross's Ability will be Tough Claws. Considering that it's claws are sharply pointing outward, Tough Claws makes alot more sense otherwise they wouldn't bother including this in it's design if they were just gonna give it levitate.

I heard about this myself, but it didn't really seem concrete until now. Apparently its main stat boosts will be in Attack & Speed.

Looks like Metagross is about to become one of the most terrifying sweepers in series history. ._.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom