• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mega Man Legacy Collection

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Capcom recently announce it will be re-releasing the first six Mega Man games in a download only package known as the Mega Man Legacy Collection.
mega-man-legacy-collection---key-art-139131.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/08/mega-man-legacy-collection-announcement-trailer-released-by-capc/
Comicbook.com said:
Capcom has announced the Mega Man Legacy Collection, a new release featuring the Blue Bomber’s first six video games.

Here’s the game description from Capcom’s press release:

Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of the 8-bit history of Capcom’s iconic Blue Bomber. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series’ origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. Mega Man Legacy Collection will feature all six games and more for an MSRP of $14.99 this summer as a digital download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, and this winter on Nintendo 3DS. In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces – a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.

Check out the announcement trailer below:

Here are the game features listed on Capcom’s fact sheet:

• Six classic games in one – Play a piece of video game history with the original six Mega Man games and experience the origins of the classic series.
  • 8-bit style with HD flair – The games retain their retro 8-bit style with an added HD finish, giving a crisp, clean look to the charming, classic sprites. • Challenge remix mode for new and veteran players – The robust new Challenge Mode remixes gameplay from all six games for a new type of challenge. It provides both increasingly difficult trials for experienced players and also teaches newcomers to become familiar with the style of the games and tackle some of the trickier areas.
  • Museum of the era – The Museum Mode features a massive repository of history and art collected from the era of the games in this collection. Take a look back at the history of Mega Man with loads of information, high-res art, concept pieces, sketches and more in the Museum.
  • Developed with an all-new engine – Using the newly developed Eclipse Engine, Capcom and Digital Eclipse are able to archive these six pieces of video game history with faithful reproductions of the originals for a new generation of gamers.
  • Leaderboards and video replays – Fans will be able to watch video replays of the top players on the leaderboards, showcasing a whole new generation of Mega Man talent!

What are your thoughts on them re-releasing the games like this?

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Never really played Mega Man, this might be the perfect time to see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully it'll release for ~£15 or so, otherwise I'll probably wait for a Steam sale for it to drop to that.

I've only ever played Megaman X, never been too interested in the others but i do feel like im missing out on a bit of gaming culture so getting 6 games in a package with updates is pretty nice. So maaaaaaaaaybe...

Fig

The Altruist
I find it as a missed opportunity for the Mega Man Legacy Collection to not receive a Wii U port. Mega Man started off on a Nintendo console and is the popular icon he is today because of it. We have Mega Man I, II, V, VI, VII, Mega Man X 1-3, Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man Zero 1-3, and Mega Man Battle Network III and IV on the eshop for the Wii U. On the 3DS, there is Mega Man III and IV (and if I remember it's in black and green color palette). I find it very confusing that this collection is only available on the 3DS and not on the Wii U. I feel if this because Capcom doesn't want to take any risks and just go with the 3DS because of its install base. It's just Mega Man in HD, how hard will that be to program when the Wii U already has that available on the eshop? Really hope a Wii U port announced soon as it seems unfair for Nintendo to not get the definite version. At least I still can purchase it from Steam when it arrives.

P.S. This is probably Capcom's answer to Mighty No.9 for a quick cash-in, but it's Mega Man so it will sell.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I wouldn't mind picking this up. Always love to play through some Mega Man, though I do wish that the series would get some love and maybe a new release.

Salem

SICK
Never really played Mega Man, this might be the perfect time to see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully it'll release for ~£15 or so, otherwise I'll probably wait for a Steam sale for it to drop to that.

I've only ever played Megaman X, never been too interested in the others but i do feel like im missing out on a bit of gaming culture so getting 6 games in a package with updates is pretty nice. So maaaaaaaaaybe...

Yes, do it.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I'm somewhat interested. Though I have the megaman collection for gamecube that has 7 and 8 with thwe powered up fighter. Now if they added the wily wars to this legacy it would be worth it to me. Also megaman and bass. Sure they are 16 bit and higher but still. Not really adding to much more that I would care about.

Only way I would possibly pick this up if the thing gets a nice physical release for 3ds. I do have my weakness for physical copies. Maybe trophies on ps4 whenever i get that system 4 years from now

I'm somewhat interested. Though I have the megaman collection for gamecube that has 7 and 8 with thwe powered up fighter. Now if they added the wily wars to this legacy it would be worth it to me. Also megaman and bass. Sure they are 16 bit and higher but still. Not really adding to much more that I would care about.

Only way I would possibly pick this up if the thing gets a nice physical release for 3ds. I do have my weakness for physical copies. Maybe trophies on ps4 whenever i get that system 4 years from now

Don't see why it wouldn't work just cuz one is 8 bit and one is 16 bit, Kirby's Dream Collection has games from the GBC, NES, SNES and N64 along with the new challenges which I think were done in Return to Dreamland style.

NM, I guess I won't be getting this if its not physical

Last edited:

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Don't see why it wouldn't work just cuz one is 8 bit and one is 16 bit, Kirby's Dream Collection has games from the GBC, NES, SNES and N64 along with the new challenges which I think were done in Return to Dreamland style.

NM, I guess I won't be getting this if its not physical
Yeah it would work in a collection. Though if it is in celebration of the 8 bit roots of megaman. Sadly the more bit series won't be getting on the list. Which stinks. I still want my Wily wars but no physical english copy was made. Well there are boot legs but still. Heck the only digital english release was on the sega channel thing. The original digital game download.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Wow. $15 for 6 classic games that I've never played and would otherwise probably never play. Yes please.

Sucks that 3DS owners need to wait until winter, but hey, at least we're getting it. I'll be getting it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom