• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mega Man Creator Announces "Mighty No. 9"

Hello, people. I was just doing my internet rounds, and saw an interesting article on IGN. It said that Mega Man's daddy, Keiji Inafune, started a Kickstarter to fund his new game, Mighty No. 9. If you look at the Kickstarter page, you can see some mockup screens of what the game will look like. Look familiar? Because it should. It's a Mega Man clone being made by Mega Man's creator. And better yet, within hours, people already donated $250,000.

What do you guys think?

Kickstarter

IGN Article

Salem

SICK
It's not exactly like a Mega Man clone, some of the character's abilities work differently from Mega Man.

I'm looking forward to it, I hope this game succeeds, I love Mega Man, I also love side-scrolling games.

Looking at the screenshots, the backgrounds look really nice, they look hand drawn, but are they? I hope they keep this look for the final game's release.:)

Last edited:

Chiraku

Demon slayer
So far it looks swell. I just watched the video on the Megaman Network, and in the video they showed 3D rendered graphics, but on the page they show what appears to be 2D. Maybe it's just concept art?
Looks sweet, but it looks awful similar to Megaman (duh, yes it's done by Inafune-san, I'm talking about it on the legal side). Call me a skeptic, but I dunno how Capcom will take it.

Big Octo

=^)
It's looks great so far, and I'll be happy to buy it once it comes out. If only I had $10,000 to spare so I could have dinner with Mr. Inafune.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Mega Man's never really been a franchise that particularly interested me, I thought it was alright but boy, say that to a Mega Man fan, it was 'alright', and they will try and murder you. :P I like the look of the concept art so far, I hope they get enough to really make a quality game! Might actually back it myself, really, may as well since I can see myself buying it somewhere down the line.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Glad to see this...sort of. Can't Inafune just get Megaman back and do it right?

Glad to see this...sort of. Can't Inafune just get Megaman back and do it right?

I don't think that Capcom would easily hand over their mascot, even if they aren't paying attention to him.

Also, as of right now, it's at over $640,000. That's an insane amount of money in less than one day.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Also, as of right now, it's at over $640,000. That's an insane amount of money in less than one day.

It really is, it's amazing how much these Kickstarters manage to actually pull in. :P InXile's Torment got over $4 million, from a $900k goal. Crazy! No wonder everyone is on Kickstarter these days.

Salem

SICK
Mega Man's never really been a franchise that particularly interested me, I thought it was alright but boy, say that to a Mega Man fan, it was 'alright', and they will try and murder you. :P
*murders*

Actually, say that to any hardcore fan's franchise, you won't get good result.:P

Salem

SICK
As of now, the KS is at around $910,000. They surpassed their goal in about 2 days. That's amazing.
It's Keiji Inafune, of course they'll get good support, the only hope now is their future stretch goals are reached, I want my own budget to agree with this KS campaign:( I hope to see that making of documentary.:)

Update time! The first stretch goal was passed, which means that there will be a total of 8 stages along with the final few stages.

Total Money Pledged - $1,289,441

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom