• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Medli VS Makar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I have a platonic love for Medli and the way she was used in the Earth Temple and her character in general, so Medli.

I do like Makar as well though.

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I don't hate makar or anything, but Medli was far superior. She used her harp to help you with puzzles, she could fly you around, and her walking sound effect isn't annoying. All makar can do is plant seeds, which is pretty basic. the other thing is that makar must get caught, so we have to save him and there are things we can't do without him that we have to wait to do.

I prefer Medli because she is WAY more useful in her dungeon than Makar is in his. Makar also gets caught and you must go out of your way to save him. It's also annoying how he walks extremely slow and makes that annoying sound every time he takes one step. But in all honesty, I don't like either of them that much.

Id go for Medli as well.
I think she does more for you in the Earth Temple than Makar does in the Wind Temple..

I also like the Song Medli uses better than Makar's song.
I also feel more of a connection with Medli on an emotional level.

She seems so gentle and so caring.
Sometimes i near come to tears when she realises she must leave Komali without saying goodbye,knowing she will never see him again.
What i mean is,that she has to leave Komali and you can see how sad she is about it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Medli all the way. Like everyone said, she's a lot more helpful and cute as well. If that doesn't get her any points, I don't know what will besides her [harp?].

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I would definitely say I prefer Medli, just because her use in the Earth Temple was far greater than Makar's use in the Wind Temple.

I love how the Earth Temple basically expanded on Ocarina of Time's Spirit Temple in terms of the use of the Mirror Shield. When I first played through Wind Waker, I had already beaten Ocarina, so when Medli's Mirror Shield was first used in the Earth Temple, I had a fairly good guess what the dungeon item would be, and I was excited to see how it would be used. I was not disappointed. The mirror puzzles in the Earth Temple are pure genius, making use of Medli in order to make more complex puzzles, where multiple mirrors had to be positioned. In particular, the Mirror Room of the Earth Temple was quite intriguing and fun.

Makar was not used well enough for me to like him. His controls were awkward, and he ended up being a nuisance most of the time, constantly getting trapped and needing to be saved. He came in handy one or two times, but most of the time it was just annoying to have to keep track of him.

Plus, Medli had a better developed character. When she is first introduced, she seems like a lowly attendant, but it is very interesting to see her relationship with Komali evolve and unfold, cumulating when she decides to leave with Link to become the Ssge of Earth, leaving Komali behind.

Medli was far more creative in use and as a character, so I would definitely say that I prefer her.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
They both have their merits.

Medli was definitely more developed as a character and partner in the Earth Temple. The teamwork aspect between her and Link with all the light reflection puzzles in the Earth Temple was definitely my favorite thing about that temple, and one of my favorite dungeon mechanisms in the game; I'm very fond of teamwork based puzzles because of the increased potential they hold. Medli as a character was also very well done. Her relationship with Komali was adorable really, starting as almost a motherly-type sister figure watching out for Komali, then growing into the buddings of an implied romance. Her humility when she left Dragon Roost because she wanted to be remembered as a simple attendant rather than an important sage was indicative of both her maturity and strength.

Makar was weaker in both the character development and teamwork mechanism aspects, but he had his own charm. For one, he was unbelievably adorable. I don't even know why I love him so much, but he is just SO FREAKING CUTE (inner girly-girl showing >_> ). Personally I thought the entire Korok race was very distinct, from the way they looked to the adorable little noises they make when they walk; something about Koroks in general just appeals to me. Makar himself as a character also seems much more in tune with his sage spirit than Medli did. For one, he is a lot more dedicated to his instrumental talents than Medli was, showing great respect for his culture. For another, when Link awakened his sage spirit, instead of being visited by his predecessor like Medli was, Makar BECAME his predecessor (in spirit at least). This shows to me that he was much more spiritually connected to his sage persona, which I thought was a very interesting touch to his character. And last but not least, his flight mechanism was very unique among all the flights in the game. He felt like a little whirly helicopter toy, which for some reason or another amused me to no end.

When it boils down to it, I love them both equally. Plus, their Sage songs are both AMAZING. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom