• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Medievil Remaster

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ

Noticed there wasn't a thread for this so thought I'd make one. ^^

Medievil is a PS1 classic that definitely deserves a remaster, like Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. I loved this game growing up too, even though it scared me!

So what do you guys think? Is Medievil worthy of a remaster and do you think it'll be better than the original? Or have we been getting too many remasters of old games as of late?

Mido

Version 1
wasn't it on the psp too

I think so; it was the only game in the series I was familiar with myself. Never really knew much about it not owning any Sony consoles but one of my friends had said great things about the series.

So what do you guys think? Is Medievil worthy of a remaster and do you think it'll be better than the original? Or have we been getting too many remasters of old games as of late?

It does seem that Sony's classics are really hitting the remastering scene what with Spyro and Crash at the forefront. This being noted I can't really wager how Medievil will turn out, but here's hoping for a good one for the series fans.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It does seem that Sony's classics are really hitting the remastering scene what with Spyro and Crash at the forefront. This being noted I can't really wager how Medievil will turn out, but here's hoping for a good one for the series fans.

That's because no one seems to know how to make fun games anymore. Their only recourse is to harken back to the days when videya gaymes weren't complete doodoo.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I've had my fingers crossed for a Medievil remaster for a long time now. I adore Medievil and have so many fond memories playing it. I love its goofy, gothy tone, and it did manage to be quite scary at times (the Ant Caves really got to me, and the way the possessed women in the Sleeping Village would sing as they tried to bludgeon you to death creeped me out, too). Like with Spyro, I still listen to the soundtrack to Medievil 1 and 2 regularly, and I quote both games all the time, even though none of my friends have any idea what I'm on about. The voices in these games were fantastic, the humour was spot on, they reeked style and tone, and there was so much variety in weapons and enemies and settings that I still think it's impressive just how much they crammed into it.

A remaster of Medievil (and hopefully Medievil 2 as well) would be nothing short of brilliant for me.

wasn't it on the psp too
They did a sort-of remake for the PSP called Medievil Ressurection. It's alright, but has a very different tone and feel to it. The original is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom