• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Media's Greatest Sins - What Kinds of Flaws Irk You the Most?

Mido

Version 1
Each of us have our own individual tastes as a far as media is concerned, and because of this difference, we each prioritize different elements of media as being good or bad. Some aspects of media can be considered good by some and bad by others. Some flaws may be treated lightly by some and strongly by others. With this in mind, let us ponder over the following question: What flaws in media do you consider the most incriminating in terms of deeming a piece of media good or bad? What pushes the label to one side or the other over other elements?

The mainstream's biggest flaw is how they pander to the toxic politically correct culture. The mainstreammedia are so pathetic that they rarely tell the trruth without spining it out of context and they attack anyone who tries to hold them to account.

The individual stories and journalists are jsut the symptoms. The core issue is that mainstream media overall has become a toxic institusion that stopped caring about sharing only the facts years ago. Now everything they report is filled with spin or is an outright lie.
The best bet to find news with less spin is to look for the independant media outlets. Of cause the mainstream media and established elite are trying their best to remove all of the independant media's platforms in which they share the news. However the established elite will never destroy the independant media. At most they will push the independant media underground and that will make even harder for them to regulate what the independant media say.

Pandering is my #1 pet peeve when it comes to media. Even if I fit the category they're pandering to, I highly dislike it. Another sin is unoriginal content and recycled garbage. It feels like at least once a year, there's a live action film coming out that's a remake of something else, or a sequel nobody asked for.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I hate it when Movie trailers give away practically the whole movie. Usually this is only true if the movie isn't good at all. The source material is so weak that the people who edit the trailers together have no choice but to use the only decent scenes in the movie, and in a bad movie there are very few.

So the only good scenes you already saw in the movie trailer, and it is like the only portions of the movie you cared to see you already saw when you watched the trailer. It is a bummer. I felt like that years ago when I watched that Hulk film from 2003. Not too long ago, with Justice League.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
When they put a deaf character in but the actor isnt deaf or a twin and the twin is CGI... y'know ....

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
-Too much CGI
-Too many remakes
-Straying too far from a book or comic so it doesn't make sense anymore and is leaving holes they can't fill up
-When the subtitles aren't exactly true to the actual translation. Especially dutch Netflix is very very good at using the wrong translations. They often turn common used words into nasty bad swear words while this isn;t the case. I'm like come on! I'm not a complete ******. Don't act like everybody saying certain words are literally meant as swear words. That's annoying

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
This current obsession with turning white characters brown or male characters into women out of spite. Yeah, sure they say it's to be "inclusive" and "diverse" but we all know the real reasons.

If Hollyweird really cared about diversity they'd cast more women and people of color in starring roles. Maybe give a woman or a non-white actor an original character to play again instead of just co-opting stuff that's already been written. And yeah, I hate it when they "whitewash" non-white characters as well.

But Hollyweird is creatively bankrupt and insanely corrupt. It's all rehashes, remakes, reboots and neverending sequels. If most of these popular IPs movie studios keep regurgitating have been written for white dudes, then how could there possibly be a black or woman character in a starring role without just cheaply pallet swapping the protagonist?

Writers deserve better than that. Actors deserve better than that. Audiences deserve better than that. People deserve better than that. No not white people. Not men. Not women. Not the various shades of brown people. People.

Political agendas bug me and it seems to be an increasing trend recently.

Inconsistency bugs me too, characters and lore being changed or retconned or forgotten, characters having personality changes. It's really annoying, it doesn't matter if different people write for the same thing, you should still follow the rules of the thing in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom