• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Meanest dialouge options?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
It's a rarity in Zelda, but other games have a lot of options for dialouge with NPCs. Sometimes they can be mean. In all your gaming, what's the meanest dialouge option you've run across, and did you pick it?

I haven't done any story-driven gaming outside of Zelda, and don't know if I will, but nothing for me can top "That's kind of funny" from Wind Waker. She just told her tragic life story and it's a mean thing to say, but it just implies it's a mild amusement, not something significant enough to crack up over.

In Animal Crossing Wild World, there was a dialogue option during the flea market to tell your neighbor to "Go suck an egg" if you weren't buying the item. And I thought it was the funniest thing so when it came up as an option with bird boy Apollo, of course I picked it. Telling a bird to suck an egg was an opportunity of a lifetime. Doubt it's the meanest option I've seen but it's the one I best remember. My sister and I still reference it, because it was just so stupid.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
bff1dbc670caed1d3c51b96645d6ece8.png

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I never tell any villagers in Animal Crossing anything negative because I don't want to hurt their nonexistent feelings.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I remember a dialogue option playing skies of arcadia as a kid
the true ending is tied to selecting the "correct" dialogue option from each interaction
there's this magic princess girl or something that you rescue in the beginning of the game and the three dialogue options were like
something cringy and sappy
"where are you from?"
and something rude and obnoxious

"where are you from?" was the wrong dialogue option and it upset the magic princess girl for some reason

sort of tangential but ye

Persona 4 and 5 - When you choose the harem route.
Lets just say
They all find out and in Persona 4 you need to apologise to each one individually and in Persona 5 they all beat you up and you get a pity chocolate as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom