• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

McDonalds

Avoid McDonalds?

• Total voters
When I was 6 sure but now NO.

McDonalds was actually just like a drive in kind of exquisite burger experience but it was basically ruined by commercialization and all that, it just tastes really bad, even the fries kinda to be honest. Well that's what I learned from someone telling me about the Founder movie anyway.

This is a list of all the places I consider to be unacceptable as food....

McDonalds
Wendys
In-N-Out
Supermarkets of all kinds Ralpha, Whole Foods, Vons, Bristol Farms, Safeway.
Domino's Pizza
Little Caesars
Taco Bell
Health food joints of any kind i.e. the ones specifically offering quick service to vegetarian themed items
Jack in the Box
Jersey Mikes
Hamburger Habit
Hook Burger
Sonic Drive In (mainly because too hard to find too inaccessible, not because the food or concept isn't good)
El Pollo Loco
El Torito
Dell Taco
Chick fil-A
Sbarros
Dunkin Donuts (barely)
Shake Shack
Blimpies
Green Buritto
Subway (even though subsisted on at one point)
Ohio ye old Man provided brand like Kroger, Kirkland, kinda falls in with the supermarket stuff
Costco Hot Dogs and all Coscto and Wal-Mart food (vastly overrated)
Pita Pit
Carl's Jr
Panda Express
Popeyes (amazing biscuits, terrible chicken)
Weinerschnitzel (cool concept and buildings, average taste)

Things that seemed to work ok
Asian Restaurants of any kind, authentic non-chain
Pizza Hut
Small Markets
Some mid chain things like Chilis, Sizzlers, Marie Callendars, etc
If any Drive Ins still exist
7/11 hot Dogs and 7/11 in general
Johnny Rockets if any are left
Quiznos
Cinnabon

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Here in Norway I prefer Burger King, but don't mind going to McD, if I'm in the UK, I prefer McD (something about the different way Burger King does their fries there compared to back home)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
McD is concentrated essence of gross. I've never understood all the hoopla over McD. Their burgers are unacceptable as any form of sustenance. I don't even want to know what they do to that meat, their chicken included. Just about every other fast food joint has McD beat for chicken. And of course they just load their burgers up with cheap ketchup and strong pickles to hide the gross. Everything about their burgers oozes cheapness. Their fries are barely passable but they used to be better. Probably before they started frying them in veggie oil because of muh evil transfats. Even when I was young and suckered in by all the toys just like every other kid I thought McD's was gross.

I seriously doubt the McRib is as big a sensation as they let on. I suspect all that stuff about the McRib groupies is a marketing stunt. McD was actually close to going out of business until they rebranded their stores as Starbucks-esque cafe coffee joints. And of course it worked because people are dumb.

There is only one fast food place I eat at anymore and that's Culvers. It's a suitable substitute to Steak n' Shake ever since they went to the dogs. And man I really really miss Steak n' Shake. Culvers burgers are similar to Steak n' Shake's but Steak n' Shake was always a better sit down order experience over all. And their shakes were better than Culvers ice cream.

McDonald's (like nearly every fast food chain) is very unhealthy but it does come in handy when in a rush to work or when looking for a place to hang out or do work on your laptop. I personally eat there maybe once a week, but I try to avoid any more than that since I make my own food most of the time. Also there is honestly no need to spend more than $10 at a fast food restaurant, if you go beyond that you either have trouble dealing with temptation, or you're feeding your family.

I go there from time to time, but I usually only ever eat their cheeseburgers (no onions or pickles though, I don't know what the hell they do to those things) and sometimes their fries if I have a good feeling they're fresh. I try to avoid going there if I can help it, but you know what? it's cheap and it's convenient and beggars can't be choosers.

Unfortunately, the modern world's need for cheap and convenient is what caused McDonald's to become as disgusting as it is. I remember a time when their food was the freakin' best...

There is a McDonald's five minutes walking distance away from my house that I used to go to quite often as a kid, but I hardly visit anymore. The last time I was at a McDonald's was two years ago in Colorado. Always love myself some of their chicken nuggets whenever I go.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Here in Aus the serving sizes are a fair bit less substantial so I can go a large meal and not be sick, but I still try to avoid it where I can because I know how nasty it is for you.

I defs still eat way too much junk food though.

Dan

Absolutely not. I could care less about the food quality, it's the people that loiter around the place that gross me out. The lowest of the low, I can usually smell the clumps of fecal matter that have amassed on some chavs butt the moment I enter the establishment. The ear raping screams of the most misbehaved rug munches on the planet which is only rivaled by the equally painful shouting of their ham beast mothers trying to get them to shut up. I can barely maneuver around the place, not because the ****ty layout although that is a factor but because everyone is so damn fat.

It's almost like someone wanted to put the worst of humanity into one room so if aliens ever come by one day and witness a McDonalds they'll instantly nuke the planet.

I'm talking about the upper class South England Mcdonalds, I can't imagine what a North England Mcdonalds must be like.

Isn't it ironic that our country is against obesity, but we let fast food restaurants do whatever they want? Honestly no one really cares about their health anymore.

When I was 6 sure but now NO.

McDonalds was actually just like a drive in kind of exquisite burger experience but it was basically ruined by commercialization and all that, it just tastes really bad, even the fries kinda to be honest. Well that's what I learned from someone telling me about the Founder movie anyway.

This is a list of all the places I consider to be unacceptable as food....

McDonalds
Wendys
In-N-Out
Supermarkets of all kinds Ralpha, Whole Foods, Vons, Bristol Farms, Safeway.
Domino's Pizza
Little Caesars
Taco Bell
Health food joints of any kind i.e. the ones specifically offering quick service to vegetarian themed items
Jack in the Box
Jersey Mikes
Hamburger Habit
Hook Burger
Sonic Drive In (mainly because too hard to find too inaccessible, not because the food or concept isn't good)
El Pollo Loco
El Torito
Dell Taco
Chick fil-A
Sbarros
Dunkin Donuts (barely)
Shake Shack
Blimpies
Green Buritto
Subway (even though subsisted on at one point)
Ohio ye old Man provided brand like Kroger, Kirkland, kinda falls in with the supermarket stuff
Costco Hot Dogs and all Coscto and Wal-Mart food (vastly overrated)
Pita Pit
Carl's Jr
Panda Express
Popeyes (amazing biscuits, terrible chicken)
Weinerschnitzel (cool concept and buildings, average taste)

Things that seemed to work ok
Asian Restaurants of any kind, authentic non-chain
Pizza Hut
Small Markets
Some mid chain things like Chilis, Sizzlers, Marie Callendars, etc
If any Drive Ins still exist
7/11 hot Dogs and 7/11 in general
Johnny Rockets if any are left
Quiznos
Cinnabon

You missed KFC friend, i'll assume it's #2 in the unacceptable chart since it's the ****. Literally and pun intended.

Also sorry for the double post.

Kirino

Tatakae
Absolutely not. I could care less about the food quality, it's the people that loiter around the place that gross me out. The lowest of the low, I can usually smell the clumps of fecal matter that have amassed on some chavs butt the moment I enter the establishment. The ear raping screams of the most misbehaved rug munches on the planet which is only rivaled by the equally painful shouting of their ham beast mothers trying to get them to shut up. I can barely maneuver around the place, not because the ****ty layout although that is a factor but because everyone is so damn fat.

This describes my feelings but with Walmart.

Reactions: Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom