• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Maybe? TP SS Connection?

I was just playing TP and got through the part where you defeat Zant in the Twilight Palace. When Midna and Zant are talking about the role of leader Midna says this about why Zant didn't become king.

"All saw it, a lust for power burning in your pupils... Did you think we'd forget our ancestors lost their king to such greed?"

Do you think this has any significance to what we'll face in SS with the big baddy? Please give your thoughts and ideas.

Playing again and now I'm at Ganondorf the quote I'd like to address this time is from Ganondorf and he says this:

"Your people have long amused me, Midna. To defy the gods with such petty magic, only to be cast aside... How very pathetic."

More references?

Last edited:

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
"All saw it, a lust for power burning in your pupils... Did you think we'd forget our ancestors lost their king to such greed?"

Do you think this has any significance to what we'll face in SS with the big baddy? Please give your thoughts and ideas.
Well, maybe. I guess we can't be sure until we play the game. =/

I had a theory early on that Lord Ghirahim was one of seven Demon Lords - each one representing one of seven deadly sins; well that turned out to not necessarily be the case in SS. To the point, I think that one [or more] of those demons "founded" the group that become the banished Dark Interlopers.

Many, including myself, believed the popular theory that Lord Ghirahim could be the leader who ruled the group that become the Twili. Based on the ending of Skyward Sword, I find this theory to be less probable...

That aside, there are some other blatant connections with Twilight Princess in Skyward Sword. :yes:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
That first quote was mistranslated. Two more accurate translations:
I’ll tell you why you weren’t recognized as leader…It was those eyes! It was because desire lurks in the depths of your eyes and the king feared one who would be ruled by power like the ancient clan was.
I'll have you know... The reason why you were not accepted in the position of the leader is your eyes! Because the king feared that desire lying hidden in your pupils, due to which the clan of ancient times got controlled by power!
As you can see, both refer only to the previous king, and neither say anything about that king being greedy. In fact, he was afraid of Zant's fear.

They do say that the ancient clan was ruled by power though, and I think we'll see that.

That first quote was mistranslated. Two more accurate translations:
As you can see, both refer only to the previous king, and neither say anything about that king being greedy. In fact, he was afraid of Zant's fear.

They do say that the ancient clan was ruled by power though, and I think we'll see that.

Regardless of mistranslation or not they both speak of the ancient clan but I'm going to take the game quote here word for word in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom