Mature Discussion Rules
"Keeping the Madness to a Minimum"
1) Respect Others-This, simply put, means no personal attacks. Disagreeing with the belief itself is okay, arguing against a claim is fine, however insulting the belief or the believer is not. Treat others as you want to be treated, and you ought to be okay.
2) No Trolling/Flamebaiting-Don't waste time making people sort out horrible debate threads that are nothing but hate(for example, a thread titled "I think Gays should rot in hell" or "All Christians are evil, hateful, ultraconservative bigots" would not be something we would allow, because it is going to incite more disrespect).
We understand that this limits the scope of the discussion and cuts off extremists views on many subject matters, but this is so that debators and contributors to the discussion will feel respected and safe here.
3) Contribute to the Discussion- Posting a simple "I agree" doesn't really help people develop an understanding of the topic. We appreciate more insight on the topic and even taking risky stances on issues that others don't agree with, but whatever you do-make sure it furthers the discussion.
In short, change the "I agree" post to "I agree, because...." or "I thought about this...." or "This is what I got out of that post..."
4) Remain On Topic- It's easy to get away from the topic at hand, especially if you have something else on your mind. So stay on topic with posts. For example, saying prayer ought to be mandatory in schools because God exists is getting off topic(to the issue of God's existance). However, saying prayer ought to be mandatory because it teaches spiritual diciplines or because the majority of America is religious would be more on topic, and provide something to forward the debate with.
5) Discussion Topics- Since this is the mature discussion, many sensitive topics will be discussed. We ask that all topics that are made remain in good taste, sincere, and serve as more than simple flame/sympathy bait. Threads designed simply to anger or troll users will not be tolerated. In short, use common sense when creating a topic.
Following the above five rules will make the Mature Discussion productive, insightful, and bring a sense of self-criticism to the board and it's users and establish an intellectual community here at the Zelda Dungeon Forums.
Failure to follow these rules may result in a warning, closing of a thread, banning certain discussion topics, and banning of users from the Mature Discussion and possibly the Zelda Dungeon Forums, depending on the severity of the case at hand.
NOTE: The standard Zelda Dungeon Forum Rules are expected to be followed as well.
Special Thanks: Mases, Alder Dragon, hsb39, Hanyou
Any questions and concerns regarding the Mature Discussion may be made by posting within this thread and will be addressed promptly.
Last edited by a moderator: