• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Matt Smith Done With Being The Doctor? NOOOOOOOOO!

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
BBC - Blogs - Doctor Who - Matt Smith announces he is to leave Doctor Who

I am just...so sad right now...:'(

But, at the same time, I'm sure they'll find another who is just as awesome. I didn't think it was possible when David Tenant left, but I stood corrected. Any ideas for who the new Doctor might be, or who you think it SHOULD be?

I know there is a Doctor Who thread somewhere, but for the life of me, I couldn't find it. Move this there if you must.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I know right :( I saw it on the news. A friend of mine posted an earlier article of today and then he posted the BBC blog. And I watched the BBC news and saw it :(
[video=youtube;8UqJIenf3o0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UqJIenf3o0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

It is sad because he was so growing in this role but at the same time I am curious about 12. Thanks for all the fun times Matt. You will sure be missed tons :(

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm heartbroken by this news, especially since they had earlier stated he was coming back for one more season, so I expected him to leave at the end of season 8, not now :( We've only just had that incredibly emotional rollercoaster of a finale and now this news, it's a bit much to take all at once. However, I am very determined not to act like a lot of the Tennant fans, and keep my mind open to whoever will come to replace Matt as the Doctor.

I am very curious who that might be, and part of me would love it if they mixed it up and made the new Doctor a woman, just IMAGINE that hilarious initial post-regeneration reaction the Doctor would have of discovering those changes :P

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
its sad, although i need to watch 6 and 7 still, somehow....

RUPERT GRINT SHOULD BE THE 12TH DOCTOR!!!! He'd finally be ginger!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well he said he was staying for S8 and now he's not... that's just cruel... :kawaii:

Exactly, giving us false hope is cruel :(

its sad, although i need to watch 6 and 7 still, somehow....

RUPERT GRINT SHOULD BE THE 12TH DOCTOR!!!! He'd finally be ginger!

Oh, you need to get started on s6 already!

Oh man, that'd be a weird sort of fandoms collide if he suddenly became the Doctor...I dunno, the ginger factor alone is just not enough and since I've only seen him as Ron (hence I don't know how his acting skills extend outside of that performance), I just can't imagine him as the Doctor. The Doctor needs at least a bit of hyperactivity to him, a bit of energeticness. Ron was more subdued for most part, so if he were to become the new Doctor he would really have to bring it.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is sad :( Unless Season 8 is going to be a very short one or they are filming it already and will broadcast it in August it might come true with a Season 8......... But that is not likely

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It is sad :( Unless Season 8 is going to be a very short one or they are filming it already and will broadcast it in August it might come true with a Season 8......... But that is not likely

No, they have already stated the 50th anniversary is what comes next, so no season 8 with Matt :(

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Oh man, that'd be a weird sort of fandoms collide if he suddenly became the Doctor...I dunno, the ginger factor alone is just not enough and since I've only seen him as Ron (hence I don't know how his acting skills extend outside of that performance), I just can't imagine him as the Doctor. The Doctor needs at least a bit of hyperactivity to him, a bit of energeticness. Ron was more subdued for most part, so if he were to become the new Doctor he would really have to bring it.

I was joking.

Fred Weasly should be the 12th, I should say.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm sticking with my 12 should be a woman stance, that would be absolutely hilarious and it would be something entirely new :)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
It is sad, but alas you can't keep it up forever... As to who the next doctor is... (SERRIOUS SPOILERS, DON'T BE HUMAN)

I saw the last episode, and my impression is that Jon Hurt is the next doctor. Meh, we'll find out...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is sad, but alas you can't keep it up forever... As to who the next doctor is... (SERRIOUS SPOILERS, DON'T BE HUMAN)

I saw the last episode, and my impression is that Jon Hurt is the next doctor. Meh, we'll find out...

No he is not. And why? Because he already filmed the anniversary episode before Matt even announced at first he would stay. He is not going to be the next Doctor

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!

No, because 11 seemed to already know him, meaning it's a past incarnation, not a future one, also he has all of the 50th anniversary before regenerating in the christmas special

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom