• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Matt Smith Done With Being The Doctor? NOOOOOOOOO!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
it's devastating to see him go, I'm partially annoyed how it was handled though, rumors about his leave go as far back as last year, then we have the BBC conforming he's staying, and I get all relaxed with the idea that Matt will be back for another series, then all over my skype, and shizzle I see "MATT IS LEAVING", and I'm thinking, wait this some sort of joke the BBC said - ........... Noooooooooo why you lie to me BBC i pay a licensing fee man! Well regardless I will be nervous of the next Doctor just like I was with David and Matt first time round.

Yeah, it was cruel to reassure us and then suddenly announce that he's leaving.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sources are saying Rory Kinnear is a favourite to be the next Doctor by the BBC.

A source said: “Rory has all the credibility and is known in the industry as a very talented actor, but he isn't as instantly recognisable as some of the other candidates.

“Playing Doctor Who is a big deal and there are some big names being talked about, but producers worry about bringing in a well-known star because viewers may struggle to see past their previous roles.

“Matt Smith proved that choosing a lesser-known talent can really work, and he’s been a big hit with viewers. It’s essential to get this decision right for the future of the series.”

Ladbrokes yesterday made Rory their favourite at odds of 3/1 to land the role.

200full-.jpg

tumblr_mbxwgqFjPo1qzt8ywo1_250.jpg

I've seen him and he's a good actor at least! There are a few other actors listed as being apparently considered, though different publications say different things but Rory is always up there; my favourite of which is Tom Hiddleston! Who was Loki in Thor/Avengers. Rory seems like everyone's bet so far though. Nothing concrete of course, but, Matt Smith was outed by sources before he confirmed it so could wind up being true.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm gonna wait until we get official word on who the next Doctor is gonna be. Each actor brings something different to the role, and I don't think we will truly see the Doctor quality in any of the actors until they are up on our screens being the Doctor. Only then with a mixture between their acting and the writer's words will the Doctor truly appear to any of us.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
it's devastating to see him go, I'm partially annoyed how it was handled though, rumors about his leave go as far back as last year, then we have the BBC conforming he's staying, and I get all relaxed with the idea that Matt will be back for another series, then all over my skype, and shizzle I see "MATT IS LEAVING", and I'm thinking, wait this some sort of joke the BBC said - ........... Noooooooooo why you lie to me BBC i pay a licensing fee man! Well regardless I will be nervous of the next Doctor just like I was with David and Matt first time round.

That's how I feel, is that they said he was staying and the way season 7 ended just makes me feel like the show isn't ready for him to leave after only two more episodes. Plus he is my Doctor, the one that got me interested in watching the show. My friend was watching it on her ipad in the same room as me with his seasons on. I did start with 9, but 11 will always be my Doctor.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I was a fan of Doctor Who a while back believe it or not, I wasn't like super crazy obsessed but I used to tune in every week. David Tennant was the doctor throughout the majority of when I was a fan and I really liked him as the doctor, however Matt Smith was, in my opinion, "annoying", like really annoying. I eventually stopped watching shortly after Tennant left and maybe the fact that Matt has left may spark my interest, probably not but maybe.
49d7457a8b3082e1b9a7bbdb26548de173f86159_full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom