• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Matt Smith Done With Being The Doctor? NOOOOOOOOO!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I honestly don't konw a thing about Doctor Who so I can't say I'm impacted. I am intersted in who they will cast next, though. :yes:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It's sad, but, I think the one thing they've done right so far is pick good actors to play The Doctor. I liked Chris <can't spell his last name>, and then David Tennant was amazing but it's not like we didn't expect that one, even though he was ruined by Russel T Davie's terrible writing, and Matt Smith was brilliant, too. I've got every faith they'll make the right choice for the next Doctor, too. :) I've kind of dropped off watching it now. Don't watch much TV and Walking Dead become like heroin for me, I was that addicted to it, but I'm going to make a conserved effort to start watching it from the start of the next Doctor!

All my friends talk about it and I'm there "Oh, yeah... hey, that sonic screwdriver eh?" Don't fit in! :(

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
RIP all the DW fans that just died from the feels. No worries, the Castle fandom has your back on this. ;)

Anyways, this isn't entirely shocking, considering people leave television shows all the time, but I'll admit it's a little upsetting. I'm by no means a Doctor Who fan, but I thought Matt Smith was a great addition to the show. It's sad to see him go, but hopefully his replacement will entertain fans just as much as he did. :yes:

It's about time really. Matt Smith was wearing out his welcome. Hopefully the next Doctor to step up to the plate can at least bring back some of the magic.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's about time really. Matt Smith was wearing out his welcome. Hopefully the next Doctor to step up to the plate can at least bring back some of the magic.
I disagree here completely. Matt was growing into his role as the doctor. His acting skills were marvellous and brilliant. He brought Dr Who to New zealand and Australia. It was not his time AT ALL

I disagree here completely. Matt was growing into his role as the doctor. His acting skills were marvellous and brilliant. He brought Dr Who to New zealand and Australia. It was not his time AT ALL

As someone who grew tired of the Eleven and River Song shenanigans, I really do think it was his time finally. It was worse enough that Moffat was making the show grow stale, I'll agree that the later half of Series 7 was some of the best in the revival, due to excellent writing from newcomers, but overall Matt was a pretty mediocre Doctor. He brought a certain charm to the show but unfortunately due to constant shoddy writing for the other two and a half series, Matt wasn't able to keep everything up.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There are opinions. Some like the RTD romantic smooth and Romeo and Juliet (Rose and Ten) series 2,3 and 4. Moffat at least brought some old enemies back in. I like his writing and stories. I loved every bit of series 1 till now and River doesn't show up too often. She is only in like a few episodes

There are opinions. Some like the RTD romantic smooth and Romeo and Juliet like series 2,3 and 4. Moffat at leats brought some old enemies back in. I like his writing and stories. I loved every bit of series 1 till now and River doesn't show up too often. She is only in like a few episodes

Series 1 at least had a good start. Series 2 is probably the worst out of all of them for the revival. Moffat is not a very good writer. He does have his moments, but as the showhead now, he makes some pretty terrible decisions. Series 6 was really bad, it literally being the River Song Show, but at least he gave the Daleks a minor rest. Matt Smith was brilliant for some of Series 5 and, as I mentioned, the latter half of Series 7, but it does feel like it's his time now.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Series 1 at least had a good start. Series 2 is probably the worst out of all of them for the revival. Moffat is not a very good writer. He does have his moments, but as the showhead now, he makes some pretty terrible decisions. Series 6 was really bad, it literally being the River Song Show, but at least he gave the Daleks a minor rest. Matt Smith was brilliant for some of Series 5 and, as I mentioned, the latter half of Series 7, but it does feel like it's his time now.

That is your opinion. I thought series 1 was good. Series 2 had good episodes too but the Rose/Ten thing was so off. You call it the River show. And what is the rest? Not a Ten/Rose show? I think it is. I think the whole Ten/Rose is way more dominating than River/Eleven. I don't think it is his time at all especially since he is growing so much. I read nothing but good words about his performance in the last couple of episodes. He makes the Doctor the Doctor again

That is your opinion. I thought series 1 was good. Series 2 had good episodes too but the Rose/Ten thing was so off. You call it the River show. And what is the rest? Not a Ten/Rose show? I think it is. I think the whole Ten/Rose is way more dominating than River/Eleven. I don't think it is his time at all especially since he is growing so much. I read nothing but good words about his performance in the last couple of episodes. He makes the Doctor the Doctor again

Well yes. That is why I said Series 2 was the worst. Did it have its moments? Yes. But it was still terrible. I didn't say Series 6 was the worst though, just that it was The River Song Show. Which is terrible. But aren't we entitled to our opinions as well? Am I not allowed to show displeasure with someone's handling of a character? Not in the case of Matt but in the case of Steve.

Also, I will say it again. His performance in the last half of Series 7 was the best. The writing was much better and Matt was able to have fun.

We Whovians are really passionate. :)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Series 5 and 6 were my favourite out of NuWho, but that is my opinion. Matt is my Doctor, and I personally love Moffat's way of storytelling. Series 7 was less strong IMO, but had its moments. Out of the first four I preferred Donna's season over the other three, but then again I was just not that much fan of Rose or Martha. They were okay, but didn't excite me all that much.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't even watch the show. Though it seems interesting, so maybe I should :hmm:

You definitely should give it a go ;) Either start with season 1 with the 9th Doctor - or season 5 with the 11th, both work really well as first introductions to the show and if one doesn't do it for you, try the other ;)

Dan

it's devastating to see him go, I'm partially annoyed how it was handled though, rumors about his leave go as far back as last year, then we have the BBC conforming he's staying, and I get all relaxed with the idea that Matt will be back for another series, then all over my skype, and shizzle I see "MATT IS LEAVING", and I'm thinking, wait this some sort of joke the BBC said - ........... Noooooooooo why you lie to me BBC i pay a licensing fee man! Well regardless I will be nervous of the next Doctor just like I was with David and Matt first time round.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well yes. That is why I said Series 2 was the worst. Did it have its moments? Yes. But it was still terrible. I didn't say Series 6 was the worst though, just that it was The River Song Show. Which is terrible. But aren't we entitled to our opinions as well? Am I not allowed to show displeasure with someone's handling of a character? Not in the case of Matt but in the case of Steve.

Also, I will say it again. His performance in the last half of Series 7 was the best. The writing was much better and Matt was able to have fun.

We Whovians are really passionate. :)
Where did I say you are not allowed to have an opinion? I disagreed with you and that is why I replied but nowhere did I say you weren't allowed to show displeasure :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom