• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Master sword use & Misuse

Hi All
I was advised by the tree (right ;) not to misuse the Master Sword (M.S)
now I used it against a belching Hinox en Lo & behold during a great fight....my M.S went blip & needs 10 min to come back to life.(at least it didnt break ....I was aghast when it kind of shattered on my screen)
afaik, a Hinox is not a petty criminal in the game and I was thus not 'misusing' the m.s.
but I know my interpretation is wrong here. so do I only use this when the thing 'glows'...giving me a subtle message that it considers the current status as 'no misuse' ? (where :'not glowing & still used = Misuse)
Thx in advance

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Glowing means it is at full power and by extension being used correctly which can happen near guardians and malice. It will run out of energy regardless but it will last much longer when used correctly.

mine is Not glowing at all. Lol. I think I also saw on the inet that the m.s can be upgraded. ummm..how ?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly you can get much better weapons than the Master Sword, for pretty much every occaison it's only real use is to chop trees down as it's function as a weapon is somewhat obsolete when compared with the myriad of other weapons that do so much more damage

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I use the Master Sword for everything to save on durability so I am constantly misusing it, lol. I don't mind waiting the ten minutes because there's plenty of other ways to accomplish what I'm doing at the time. That's what makes the game so dang fun. I've fully upgraded it so I get plenty of good whacks out of it.

Azure Sage , thy has shown the light ;)
then I think I am pretty okay 'misusing' the m.s as long as those 10 min do not come inbetween other interventions.

Thx. to el :BeoWolf , Bowsette Plus-Ultra & Jirohnagi too !

Have you found the sword beams yet? It's fun to bully Moblins with it ^^
I guess that will be a part and parcel when I do the trials I guess ? ( as mentioned by el :BeoWolf )
or
is the 'sword beams ' a new concept apart from the trials ?
Ohh...pl. tell me :)

Sword beams in Zelda games are a recurring mechanic for the Master Sword when you're at full health. In BotW, it's achieved by "throwing" the Master Sword. Since you can't remove the sword from your inventory, it'll instead release sword beams. It's pretty fun, but the start-up for it makes it probably less than desirable for close-combat. Decent range on it though, if you want to like terrorize wolves or something. It does take durability off the weapon, though. Something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom