• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword Recreation?

A video just cam out about an inconsistency between Breath of the Wild, the book, and Age of Calamity. It got me thinking about an older theory that I have thought about, from time to time. I've long theorized that the magic sword, particularly the one seen in the first two games, is an attempt at recreating the Master Sword. (I know that in reality, the Master Sword wasn't thought up yet, but in universe the Master Sword predates the Magic Sword.) Along with this, I have pondered what could have happened to the Master Sword to make it unavailable n those two games. Lost? Destroyed? Breath of the Wild helps out quite a bit; the blade could be in the pedestal being replenished, and is not ready to be used.
The inconsistency hinges around the age of Link getting the Master Sword at different times, according to different sources, before Breath of the Wild. I think the idea of replicating the blade allows both games, and the book to be correct. We know from, Breath of the Wild, that they were making weapons to look like the Master Sword. It was kind of the aesthetic for royal weaponry. The younger version of link may have found, or I prefer that he was presented with, an attempt at this reproduction, made to actually look and function like the real thing. He, and everyone else could have been told, or just thought, that it was real. Link could have broken the thing before the start of Age of Calamity, meaning that when Link need the power of the power of the Master Sword, all that was left was the real thing. (And I know that Age of Calamity is a third party game, and is suspect as far as being cannon, but if we can make everything work, I like to try.)

What are your thoughts on the possibility of attempts at recreating the Master Sword. I think it makes sense, both for filling in narrative gaps, and in universe. The blade would be the goal for all craftsmen, in one form or another, to strive for. It also makes sense militarily. Why not try equipping a whole army with the most powerful weapons in the world, instead of just relying on the one. Unfortunately, and obviously, these replicas never quite work out, long term.

A link to the video, https://youtu.be/i94hKX-ii3M

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The idea of recreating the Master Sword isn't something uncommon in the series. We see in ALBW you can get materials to forge and make it stronger, I believe there is similar circumstances in other games as well. So hylians have been able to forge with and improve that sacred blade. @Ryuu Kage Desu could you expand upon your idea about BotW and AoC? I had noticed the difference between the times he recieved it, but which do you think is a fake?

I'm proposing that the blade he is said to have before meeting the other champions, which is the earlier "date" from the book, is the recreation. Then, it possibly fails, before the events in Age of Calamity, making it necessary to get the original, after he has already met everyone. This would be the same one Link regained in Breath of the Wild.

I'm leaning towards the recreation being given to him by the Shika scientists, shortly after he is released to be the hero. Possibly even when he is promoted from being a basic recruit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom