• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword Over the Years

What is your favourite Master Sword

• ALttP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OoT

• tWW

• TP

• SS

• Total voters

bobenstien

"How should I kill you?"
TP's Master Sword is the best looking one, in my honest opinion. This's probably due to me playing Twilight Princess so many times, and I have yet to test Skyward Sword, which is coming very close to first as it is, I'll admit. The darker texture of TP's merely catches my fancy more, though.

TP's master sword is so boss. The wind waker one is cool too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It will have to be TP's master sword, the darker handle really does it for me but I like the shinier blade of SS.

R

Rodmaster 2000

The TP Master Sword is my favorite because its more detailed than others.

Night Owl

~Momentai
If Wind Waker's is indeed shorter, that is only because if it wasn't, it would be taller than Toon Link. Can you imagine having to lug as sword that is taller than you through a dungeon?

Why am I supposed to choose which version of the same sword is my favorite again?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well if it comes to optical appearance then I'll probably go with the TP/SS style, I think it looks a bit more elegant than the OoT version. And yes I know that WW was supposed to be toonish and all but I think there it looks rather like a dagger with a fancy handle than a Master Sword. I agree that a longer sword would've looked a bit awkward on 6-year-old Link but I think they simply could've made it a bit thinner instead. And the artwork here of the aLttP version isn't that beautiful either, I agree.
But the most useful incarnation gameplay-wise is in aLttP, first because of the cool sword beam it gave you and second because you could upgrade it twice, and the shiny golden form was 4 times as strong as the regular form, I wish that such an optional sword upgrade will return sometime in the future. The last time you could get a sword stronger than the MS was in OoT and it probably won't return in SS either, for storyline reasons.

A link to the past is my favourite, I like the classic Zelda designs, and also the fact that it can be upgraded. it felt kinda stupid that after you got the master sword in Oot, you got another sword, forged by a goron in three days that are stronger than the master sword, the sword of evils bane, forged with the essence of the godesses. also, the Alttp Master sword is the strongest sword in the series so far, so there's another plus (expect for level 9 magic sword Aol?)

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
My personal favorite is the WW sword, followed by the SS sword. I really like TWW's graphics and I don't mind the shorter blade. It's not short, it's fun size! ;) I like that it's a little more colourful than the other blades and has a brighter look to it. SS's blade comes in second because it still retains a more colourful look, but it's a little more...mature looking without being too dull. I do have to admit, the TP sword looks like it could kick some monster's butts.

D

darklord21

tbh I love all of the master sword but SS one take the cake as it just plan look awsome

from my fave to least SS> TP >OoT> WW> lttp master sword.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
But the most useful incarnation gameplay-wise is in aLttP, first because of the cool sword beam it gave you and second because you could upgrade it twice, and the shiny golden form was 4 times as strong as the regular form, I wish that such an optional sword upgrade will return sometime in the future.
Now that you mention that, it brings the thought that ALTTP's (and subsequently TWW's) Master Sword is stronger than OOT's, TP's and SS's Master Swords, as it was upgraded and made more powerful than it was originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom