• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword or Biggeron Sword?

Kazumi

chagy
I always use the Biggoron Sword for everything. And I do mean everything. I always make sure to get the Biggoron Sword (and the Goron and Zora tunics for that matter) as soon as I become an adult. I've never really liked the Master Sword in OoT much, as it's not very powerful and it has way to short of a range. And if I ever do need to use the shield for whatever reason, I can just put away the Biggoron Sword and then take out my Shield.

And I remember being able to beat Ganon with the Biggoron Sword. Even if you do the final strike with the Biggoron Sword, it just switches to the Master Sword in the cutscene. At least I think it does.. It's been a while. But yeah, Biggoron Sword beats the Master Sword any day of the week. Except for an hour on Thursday afternoons.

J

jakesuhr

I mean personally I love the Master Sword and would love to have a real blade designed to perfectly match the Master Sword from OoT but I just think in the game its easier to kill other enemies with the Biggeron's Sword than it is with the Master Sword and yeah if you use it on Ganon at the end it will hurt him but the final cutscene is with the Master Sword no matter what.

I always get my red and blue tunics too but as an adult unless I am in the Forest or Water Temples I usually always wear the Red Tunic cause Red is my favorite color and its the best color on Link I think. Sorry didn't mean to go on a Tunic tangent but yeah had to mention that.

I use the Master Sword most of the time. It makes me feel more heroic. I mean, I'm wielding the blade of legend that evil hearts can never touch! Come on! And I prefer using the sword and shield.

However, I do use the Biggy's Sword on occasion, mainly when I faced Dark Link because I wanted to cheat. :P

J

jakesuhr

I use the Master Sword most of the time. It makes me feel more heroic. I mean, I'm wielding the blade of legend that evil hearts can never touch! Come on! And I prefer using the sword and shield.

However, I do use the Biggy's Sword on occasion, mainly when I faced Dark Link because I wanted to cheat. :P

Oh I don't blame you with Dark Link. Hell I usually use either the Biggeron's Sword or I keep using Din's Fire!

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I loved the way the Master Sword looked, but I always used the Biggoron Sword because it was so much stronger

O

Olaf Forkbeard

Biggoron Sword FTW. Why block when you can dodge? If you can't dodge... get better. Plus when i hear of a hero, he doesn't use a shield. He uses a sword to "cleave through Man, Horse and ground alike." to quote Age of Empires II in reference to William Wallace.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I played the whole game without a strategy guide myself, and did manage to get the Biggoron sword, obviously not right away, I think I managed to obtain it before the Spirit Temple which was the last one I did. Of course, I had bought one before that though and we all know how buying one ends XD

I prefer the Master Sword, I just like the shield usage, I hate having to dodge and stuff.

Last edited:
D

Deku Nutter

The Master Sword certainly looks better, but BG is the most fun to use imo, it's a good feeling having such a powerful weapon the extra range definatley gives you a big advantage in battle and playing 'tennis' with Ganondorf.

O

OceanaOfTime

I prefer the Master Sword for sure. Link looks better with it, it itself looks better, and i mean come on. It like completes the whole game! :) Legend of Zelda wouldn't quite be Legend of Zelda without a Master Sword. And being able to use a shield definitely comes in handy. Even though the BG sword does more damage, if you're really good at the game you can beat it through with the sexy sword ;D.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I personally prefer the Biggoron Sword. There's just no comparison between the Master Sword and Biggoron Sword. The Biggoron Sword is twice as long as the Master Sword and does twice the damage. Plus, because of the extra range, you really don't need a shield because you'll have a ton of extra space between you and your opponent.

Although, I do admit that Master Sword works a lot better in the Forest Temple due to Bubbles, Octoroks, and Big Deku Baba's. But the Biggoron Sword makes quick work of the boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom