• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Master Quest - How Long Did It Take Before You Cracked?

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Well I played Master Quest a little in the Deku Tree at my friend's house back when it came out, but then I finally bought the game back in May 2011. Although it was kind of a sucker punch when I did complete it since MQ 3D got announced around that time, and I felt like it was saying "This is the REAL Master Quest!"

Anyway, how long did it take before you cracked and used a walkthrough? I think I cracked in the Fire Temple in the GCN version, same with the 3DS version, which I am currently working on. Though around the Spirit Temple part of the game, it starts to become outrageously hard.

If you beat it without one, then kudos to you. :)

Big Octo

=^)
I did, in fact, beat it without a walk-through, but it wasn't easy. I found myself diminished as far as to start hitting everything with my sword in hopes that something happened. I got pretty POd at some of the Fire Temple and much of the Spirit Temple. The whole ordeal will be very memorable.

I refused to use a walk-through on it because I had used the guidebook some as a child when I first played Ocarina of Time. I guess I felt like I had to redeem myself for that, so I beat it without any guides. It wasn't easy, though, and several times I got stuck and would spend an hour or so running stupidly until I finally figured what I was missing.

Conor

the over analysing guy
It's not that difficult, most of the difficulty comes from looking in obscure places for switches to be hidden.

Not really a puzzle, but I did become extremely frustrated while searching the Forest Temple in MQ. How on earth did I not see that eye in the well?

I got stuck in the Spirit Temple. There's a big difference between going against the player's expectations (which I felt the other temples did well) and breaking the rules (which is what I felt they did with the Spirit Temple).
There's a bottomless pit that damages you when you fall into it, and yet a bombchu is able to cross it and climb back out!?
That was the only part I needed a guide for. There was another part that I felt broke the rules, though.
At one point, you make a chest appear as an adult, and you have to go back in time to collect it as a child. ...I wonder what kind of implications that has for the Zelda timeline if actions in the future can affect the past...

I used a walkthrough on part of Dodongo's Cavern. I didn't know that you could blow up the boulders in the room with the giant dodongo head.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I refused to use a walkthrough on the Master Quest because I thought it would be more "fun". Turns out it was really fun but it also kinda drove me insane! I gotta say the temples I had the most trouble on were Dodongos Cavern, the Fire Temple and the Spirit Temple, especially the Spirit Temple. I remember I tried to beat the Spirit Temple and then cracked and stopped playing for three weeks and then I came back and beat it. I did NOT expect so much trouble from Dodongos Cavern though.. I can usually beat Dodongos Cavern in about 45 minutes but on Master Quest it took me at least two days!! I also found it really weird how there were so many boxes just laying around the Water Temple XD Anyone else find that kind of weird? I think it's just because Nintendo wants to confuse us by having so many boxes to smash! :P

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I refused to use a walkthrough on the Master Quest because I thought it would be more "fun". Turns out it was really fun but it also kinda drove me insane! I gotta say the temples I had the most trouble on were Dodongos Cavern, the Fire Temple and the Spirit Temple, especially the Spirit Temple. I remember I tried to beat the Spirit Temple and then cracked and stopped playing for three weeks and then I came back and beat it. I did NOT expect so much trouble from Dodongos Cavern though.. I can usually beat Dodongos Cavern in about 45 minutes but on Master Quest it took me at least two days!! I also found it really weird how there were so many boxes just laying around the Water Temple XD Anyone else find that kind of weird? I think it's just because Nintendo wants to confuse us by having so many boxes to smash! :P

You found the crates everywhere weird? I thought the graves that were in some of the dungeons weirder. It makes me wonder what Nintendo's intention was with those. :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I *tried* to use a walkthrough by the time I got to the Water Temple, but there is virtually no relatively good walkthrough for OoTMQ anywhere. So, sadly I had to attempt it myself then learned of the awesome Boss Door Skip glitch. :)

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
You found the crates everywhere weird? I thought the graves that were in some of the dungeons weirder. It makes me wonder what Nintendo's intention was with those. :lol:

Yeah! or maybe I just thought they were more awkward than anything. The Master Quest version does have A LOT of weird things in the dungeons for sure though. Random boxes, Gravestones and even timeblocks everywhere?! I liked all the time blocks in the dungeons though it actually gave the song of time a really good use other then just opening the Door of Time :P I have no clue what Nintendos intentions were with those boxes though... Maybe in an older version of the MQ enemies would pop out of the boxes when breaking them.. I don't know though, They're more weird than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom