• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Master Kokiri's New Timeline (beware It's Extremely Lengthy)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay so before the forum wipe I had a thread for my new Timeline Theory but sadly it was erased so here it is again! My theory as a whole:

............/--WW/PH--ST--LoZ/AoL--OoX
MC--OoT
............\MM--TP--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA

Okay now comes the explanations to my placements. I'll go in this order: Neutral Timeline, Adult Timeline, Child Timeline. Also like the old thread, feel free to point out certain things and share with me some problems you find in my timeline.

Neutral Timeline: Minish Cap
Okay so after reading Zemen125's post I have decided to contemplate the reason's people place MC first and found that it's actually pretty good. First of all there is the fact that in [url\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sviQk3T1JYg]FSA's BS[/url] the narrator says Ages flowed by...
Ages as in multiple games? I say yes this could very well be. And also if you think about it Ganon/dorf was the biggest threat Hyrule has ever seen and yet MC in no way mentions him. Now it could be argued that he isn't mentioned because he isn't plot relevant but he'd at least have his own figurine. And also I doubt it was copyright issues that prevented Ganon/dorf from being there since Nintendo actually had a hand in making it (Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto if memory serves).

Neutral Timeline: Ocarina of Time

Back in the day (1998) Shigeru Miyamoto was interviewed on the timeline. He stated that OoT is first then LoZ and AoL then ALttP with LA going almost anywhere after OoT. Now this has changed since ten more games and counting were released in the Zelda franchise but the statement that OoT is first holds true to the present day. Not just because of his quote, no not at all, it is because of in game evidence. In OoT we have the origins of Ganondorf the Gerudo and Ganon the King of Evil. Obviously no game using either Ganon nor Ganondorf can go before OoT. In addition to this, somewhere around nine years before Young Link's portion of the OoT adventure began, Hyrule was separated and not yet united going through a bit of a uniting war. This screams the origins of the original Hyrule as a country, meaning no game in which the country of Hyrule exists can go before OoT. Thirdly almost every Zelda game makes a reference to OoT meaning it is very likely to be very early if not first on the Timeline. In addition to this the Triforce is in it's original place in it's unaltered form, meaning nobody has touched it before. The evidence that OoT goes first is staggering. Now as for the little split part of my timeline this has been confirmed by Nintendo to have been caused by the timetravel screwiness that is OoT. On one end you have Link defeating [urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbcmNoWBedE]Ganondorf and sealing him away in the Evil Realm as seen in the end of OoT[/url]. But wait what's [urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Rix3ik0G4]this[/url]?! Instead of leaving Link in the future Zelda sends him back to his childhood to live the seven years of his life that he skipped! And on top of that as seen in the credits Link is seen talking to Zelda. Basically it is theorized that Link was telling Zelda of the danger of opening the Door of Time to the Sacred Realm and in order to prevent a paradox, the Zelda Universe split into two different universes. One refered to as the Child Timeline which is caused by Link telling Zelda of the consequences of opening the Door of Time and the Adult Timeline which is caused by Link's main adventure in OoT in which he defeats Ganondorf and he is sealed up.

Adult Timeline: Wind Waker

In the [url/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujEZQbBi2Yc]intro[\url] the Adult events of Ocarina of Time are explained which is an obvious indicator that Wind Waker is a sequel to OoT. Now however it is also said that Ganondorf breaks out between the two games and wreaks havoc. And due to Zelda's mistake of sending Link back in time at the end of OoT nobody was around to save them. So what happened? The Hylians appealed to the Gods to save them and the Gods told them to take refuge on the mountain tops, which they did. Then they flooded the world creating the overworld we know in WW as the Great Sea. Eiji Aonuma, Nintendo's resident timeline creator, has also confirmed that Wind Waker takes place hundreds of years after OoT on the Adult Timeline. Also due to the fact that no Link appeared to save Hyrule between the two games no other games can happen during this time period.

Adult Timeline: Phantom Hourglass

In the [url\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTllvDMwiE]intro[/url] the events of WW are displayed and they explain why Link, Tetra, and her pirates are sailing together. It is also I believe, confirmed by Nintendo that PH takes place a few months after WW. No need for an arguement.

Adult Timeline: Spirit Tracks

Now comes Spirit Tracks. This one is confirmed by Nintendo to take place one hundred years after the events of Phantom Hourglass and really there is also a lot of in game evidence saying it does go where Nintendo says it does. First and foremost, in the cutscene where Zelda gives Link his Engineer's Certificate near the beginning of the game a stained glass window of Tetra from Phantom Hourglass can be clearly seen. This is just one of the dead give aways that ST goes a century after PH. In addition to this Niko is still alive, albeit old and shrively, and is obviously nearing the end of a very long life. This is another dead give away that ST goes where Nintendo says it goes. Further proving this, is that the Zelda of this game during the final battle with Malludus calls for Tetra's blessing in reentering her body. Even further backing this up is this (I quote exact dialougue for clarity)
Anjean: Yes I knew one of your ancestors. I met her when she had just arrived here. She and I were friends for a very long time. *laughs*
Zelda: My family first arrived here about a century ago.

The evidence of ST's placement is very staggering.

Adult Timeline: Legend of Zelda

Okay so before you get all crazy about my placement for LoZ at least read it. Okay so if LoZ is an indirect sequel to ST then why aren't the Spirit Tracks or Tower of Spirits present is probably what you'll argue. And indeed it is a bit of a problem but... in the [url\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Z_M4kzcpY]ending cutscene[/url] Anjean states (and I quote for clarity again)
Anjean: You see as Lokomos... We weren't only meant to protect the Spirit Tracks.
This to me says that the Spirit Tracks disappearing can be a natural event rather than something caused by someone. After all the Tower of Spirits was pretty much abandoned at the end of Spirit Tracks by everyone, meaning it was allowed to decay and bye bye Spirit Tracks. Also Ganon could've easily escaped his statue prison from under the sea to wreak havoc. Also the Triforce could've easily found it's way to New Hyrule as well and remember the Master Sword wasn't a part of LoZ so there is no need to move it.

Adult Timeline: Adventure of Link

Okay so Adventure of Link is confirmed either by Nintendo or the manual to take place 'several seasons' after the events of LoZ which translates to a few years. However the sleeping Zelda issue and the Town Name thing is currently unsolved but oh well. I'm doing my best to piece together the timeline.

Adult Timeline: Oracles

So now come the Oracle games. Now the reason I group them together is because they could happen in just about any order. Basically in AoL part of the plot was that some of Ganon's minions still survived and were trying to kill Link so they could get his blood, sprinkle it on Ganon's ashes, and ultimately revive him. However this failed and then Twinrova stepped up to the plate with a new tactic: use Zelda as a sacrifice. However this too failed and ultimately Twinrova ended up sacrificing themselves to revive Ganon. This was successful and Ganon is partially revived but is basically a mindless beast that isn't at his full power (although still very powerful).

Child Timeline: Majora's Mask

Now we have Majora's Mask on the Child Timeline. Basically after being sent back in time by Zelda in OoT Link had gone to Zelda to tell her of the danger of opening the Door of Time. This lead to Ganondorf going on trial and being banished to the Twilight Realm which eventually lead to Twilight Princess. And what happened to Link after that you ask? Take a look at [url\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsCgs8rVHE]this[/url]. (quotes for clarity)
Intro Narrator: A boy who, after battling evil and saving Hyrule, crept away from the land that had made him a legend... Done with the battles he once waged across time, he embarked on a journey. A secret and personal journey... A journey in search of a beloved and invalueable friend... A friend with whom he parted ways when he finally fulfilled his heroic destiny and took his place among legends...
This happens to be a dead giveaway that MM is a direct sequel to OoT on the Child Ending.

Child Timeline: Twilight Princess

This game is confirmed by Nintendo to go hundreds of years after MM. While there isn't much evidence there are a few pieces of evidence I know of that confirms the placement. Firstly Hyrule isn't flooded meaning the Adult Timeline is out. Secondly Ganondorf was sentenced to death (but ultimately banished to the Twilight Realm as a last resort) as infered by the Child Ending of OoT and he comes back in this game. Thirdly the Master Sword is there which also means it can't go on the Adult Timeline. While it isn't very clear, TP goes on the Child Timeline hundreds of years after MM.
Child Timeline: Four Swords

Now comes FS, the second title of three, in the FSS. Using the process of elimination from [url\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sviQk3T1JYg]FSA's BS[/url].
FSA Intro Narrator: Long ago, in the kingdom of Hyrule, a wind sorcerer named Vaati appeared. Vaati terrorized the the people of Hyrule and kidnapped many beautiful girls from their homes. When all hope seemed lost, a young boy carrying little more than a sword appeared. According to the legends when the young boy drew his sword, he split into four, the four-who-are-one worked together to vanquish Vaati. The hero used his sword to bind Vaati in a remote area of Hyrule. The people christened the blade the Four Sword and built a shrine around it. There it remained undisturbed for many years. Ages flowed by...

Let me just stop here for now and say, to those that don't understand, that this portion is the events of MC. Continuing on...

FSA Intro Narrator: The wind sorcerer Vaati broke free of his prison and kidnapped Zelda, the princess of Hyrule. Princess Zelda's childhood friend Link used the power of the Four Sword to defeat Vaati and seal him away once again. And, for a time, the people of Hyrule believed that their land was safe.

Okay so to sum it up FS and FSA are directly related, seeing as they know the name of the Hero in FS and not the name of the hero of MC. This means FS is a very indirect sequel to MC and FS is a direct prequel to FSA.

Child Timeline: Four Swords Adventures

Up to now my timeline has been relatively smooth (I think) with few bumps and inconsistencies but now comes something you probably are wondering about. Ganondorf. Well I can explain. While the original Ganondorf from TP is indeed dead it is entirely possibly that another gerudo named Ganondorf come along. Basically Ganondorf is an antichrist and in real life there can be multiple antichrists so why not multiple Ganons? Also Ganon's spirit was in the Trident of the Pyramid so when Ganondorf picked it up Ganon basically possessed him and Ganondorf became the blue pig beast we all know and hate. Then he was sealed in the Four Sword at the end of the game marking the end of the Four Sword Saga.

Child Timeline: A Link to the Past

Okay so now comes a classic: ALttP. Now I know what you're all thinking. You're wondering why I'm putting ALttP after FSA right? Well allow me to explain. Basically at the end of FSA Ganon was sealed up in the FS. After that I theorize that he came into possession of a Triforce piece (probably Power) and was freed. He then began to search for them and the Dark World spread. The seven sages along with many Hylian Knights, sealed Ganon away in the Dark World. Now Ganon continued to seek out the Triforce and eventually completed it. Then comes the events of ALttP.

Child Timeline: Link's Awakening

Okay so Link's Awakening can admittedly go almost anywhere on the timeline but it is most presumably a direct sequel to ALttP so I'm sticking with that for simplicity's sake.

Okay now I'm done with my timeline. Any comments you want to add? Well feel free to add them.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I guess for the most part I can agree with most of this. I put LoZ/AoL-OoX at the end of the CT but it's really up in the air on what timeline LoZ/AoL should go on. The town names in ST, IMO, retcon the idea that the town names in AoL have a connection to the sages in OoT since ST has completely original town names so unless another cataclysmic event took place causing a new Hyrule to be found, there would be no reason to change the town names from what they are in ST, thus leading me to believe the town names are not significant.

I also personally put MC first because of certain nagging issues, such as the lack of Ganon/dorf even being mentioned in the game. He doesn't even have his own figurine. Funny how the biggest threat to Hyrule doesn't even get a figurine easter egg. This leads me to believe that he has yet to exist, which would put MC before a time that he does exist. That's just one piece of evidence among the other pieces I have that I don't really want to get into because there are multiple threads where I have stated my side of MC placement.

Other than the stuff that I personally don't agree with, it makes sense and is plausible.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I guess for the most part I can agree with most of this. I put LoZ/AoL-OoX at the end of the CT but it's really up in the air on what timeline LoZ/AoL should go on. The town names in ST, IMO, retcon the idea that the town names in AoL have a connection to the sages in OoT since ST has completely original town names so unless another cataclysmic event took place causing a new Hyrule to be found, there would be no reason to change the town names from what they are in ST, thus leading me to believe the town names are not significant.

I also personally put MC first because of certain nagging issues, such as the lack of Ganon/dorf even being mentioned in the game. He doesn't even have his own figurine. Funny how the biggest threat to Hyrule doesn't even get a figurine easter egg. This leads me to believe that he has yet to exist, which would put MC before a time that he does exist. That's just one piece of evidence among the other pieces I have that I don't really want to get into because there are multiple threads where I have stated my side of MC placement.

Other than the stuff that I personally don't agree with, it makes sense and is plausible.

about the figurines i wouldnt rely on that because the figurines are of only characters that appear in the game. And if the game happened at a time when ganon/dorf was sealed away you wouldnt see a figurine either due to the fact he wouldnt be able to appear in the game due to being sealed away.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Regardless, there is no mention of the greatest threat Hyrule has ever known. The only other Hyrule based game to not feature Ganon/dorf in any way is ST which takes place in a new Hyrule so it makes sense that Ganon/dorf would not be present/mentioned plus we know that ST connects to a game that does feature Ganon/dorf within a century. MC is more standalone with an unknown amount of time between it and the only games we know that connect to it.

M

Mehzmerize

This is the best timeline theory I have seen so far and I really like how in depth you went with posting youtube video evidence and long descriptions for each game. It was a great read :)

Pinecove

Last Chance
Personally (don't say LOLGEOGRAPHY to this) I think LoZ has a strong connection to FSA and TMC due to the similarities of:

Hebra's hill in FSA and the Lost hills in LoZ.
The Coast in both LoZ and FSA.
The graveyard accessed through the lost woods in both TMC and LoZ.

So personally I would move LoZ/AoL-OoS/OoA to the child timeline as your evidence doesn't really qualify as much:

Also Ganon could've easily escaped his statue prison from under the sea to wreak havoc.

Aonuma confirmed in an interview that they just turned him to stone so they could keep the G rating on the game. Ganondorf is actually dead.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Personally (don't say LOLGEOGRAPHY to this) I think LoZ has a strong connection to FSA and TMC due to the similarities of:

Hebra's hill in FSA and the Lost hills in LoZ.
The Coast in both LoZ and FSA.
The graveyard accessed through the lost woods in both TMC and LoZ.

So personally I would move LoZ/AoL-OoS/OoA to the child timeline as your evidence doesn't really qualify as much:

Aonuma confirmed in an interview that they just turned him to stone so they could keep the G rating on the game. Ganondorf is actually dead.

While I do think Ganondorf is dead I doubt Ganon is dead. Ganon is a spirit, much akin to the devil, that has survived and been revived many times, not to mention he's tenacious. But then again... you do make a good point with the geography. But then again geography usually doesn't mean much in the timeline since in almost every game the geography changes (like for instance Ordon/Faron woods is located at center south of the TP map and it happens to be the Kokiri/Lost Woods from OoT but the Kokiri/Lost Woods is located on the southeast on the OoT map).

Pinecove

Last Chance
While I do think Ganondorf is dead I doubt Ganon is dead. Ganon is a spirit, much akin to the devil, that has survived and been revived many times, not to mention he's tenacious.

No offence, but I don't believe that for a second. Ganon isn't a separate entity from Ganondorf.

But then again geography usually doesn't mean much in the timeline since in almost every game the geography changes (like for instance Ordon/Faron woods is located at center south of the TP map and it happens to be the Kokiri/Lost Woods from OoT but the Kokiri/Lost Woods is located on the southeast on the OoT map).

Location on a map doesn't matter for geography. Only similarities. And the point is that LoZ shares geographical traits with TMC and FSA.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
True, true but then again on the CT if you put it at a logical place (after LA) then Ganon should be dead at that time.
well he is dead if you think about it because in LOZ you see Ganon die due to Silver Arrows. So when Silver Arrows are used on ALTTP it should have a similar effect meaning that he would be dead before OOX. if you placed it that way

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I apologize for the double post but I can no longer edit my above post. So here's my revised theory.

My theory as a whole:

............/--WW/PH--ST

MC--OoT
............\MM--TP--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA--OoX--LoZ/AoL

Okay now comes the explanations to my placements. I'll go in this order: Neutral Timeline, Adult Timeline, Child Timeline. Also like the old thread, feel free to point out certain things and share with me some problems you find in my timeline.

Neutral Timeline: Minish Cap
Okay so after reading Zemen125's post I have decided to contemplate the reason's people place MC first and found that it's actually pretty good. First of all there is the fact that in FSA's BS the narrator says Ages flowed by...
Ages as in multiple games? I say yes this could very well be. And also if you think about it Ganon/dorf was the biggest threat Hyrule has ever seen and yet MC in no way mentions him. Now it could be argued that he isn't mentioned because he isn't plot relevant but I figure he'd at least have his own figurine. And also I doubt it was copyright issues that prevented Ganon/dorf from being there since Nintendo actually had a hand in making it (Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto if memory serves). But how would OoT be a "new" country at the time of OoT which takes place a while after MC you ask? Well I theorize that the war mentioned by Lanayru is the same event as the one mentioned by the Deku Tree Sprout and thus the Force War, as I like to call it, split Hyrule up and the King of OoT refounded Hyrule as a unfied country.

Neutral Timeline: Ocarina of Time

I place OoT first for several reasons. In OoT we have the origins of Ganondorf the Gerudo and Ganon the King of Evil. Obviously no game using either Ganon nor Ganondorf can go before OoT. Then, almost every Zelda game makes a reference to OoT, meaning it is very likely to be very early, if not first on the Timeline. In addition to this, the Triforce is in it's original place in it's unaltered form, meaning nobody has touched it before. Now as for the little split part of my timeline this has been confirmed by Nintendo to have been caused by the timetravel screwiness that is OoT. On one end you have Link defeating Ganondorf and sealing him away in the Evil Realm as seen in the end of OoT. But wait what's this?! Instead of leaving Link in the future, Zelda sends him back to his childhood to live the seven years of his life that he skipped! And on top of that as seen in the credits, Link is seen talking to Zelda. Basically it is theorized that Link was telling Zelda of the danger of opening the Door of Time to the Sacred Realm and in order to prevent a paradox, the Zelda Universe split into two different universes. One refered to as the Child Timeline which is caused by Link telling Zelda of the consequences of opening the Door of Time and the Adult Timeline which is caused by Link's main adventure in OoT in which he defeats Ganondorf and he is sealed up.

Adult Timeline: Wind Waker

In the intro[\url] the Adult events of Ocarina of Time are explained which is an obvious indicator that Wind Waker is a sequel to OoT. Now however it is also said that Ganondorf breaks out between the two games and wreaks havoc. And due to Zelda's mistake of sending Link back in time at the end of OoT nobody was around to save them. So what happened? The Hylians appealed to the Gods to save them and the Gods told them to take refuge on the mountain tops, which they did. Then they flooded the world creating the overworld we know in WW as the Great Sea. Eiji Aonuma, Nintendo's resident timeline creator, has also confirmed that Wind Waker takes place hundreds of years after OoT on the Adult Timeline. Also due to the fact that no Link appeared to save Hyrule between the two games no other games can happen during this time period. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujEZQbBi2Yc

Adult Timeline: Phantom Hourglass

In the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTllvDMwiE]intro
the events of WW are displayed and they explain why Link, Tetra, and her pirates are sailing together. It is also I believe, confirmed by Nintendo that PH takes place a few months after WW. No need for an arguement.

Adult Timeline: Spirit Tracks

Now comes Spirit Tracks. This one is confirmed by Nintendo to take place one hundred years after the events of Phantom Hourglass and really there is also a lot of in game evidence saying it does go where Nintendo says it does. First and foremost, in the cutscene where Zelda gives Link his Engineer's Certificate near the beginning of the game a stained glass window of Tetra from Phantom Hourglass can be clearly seen. This is just one of the dead give aways that ST goes a century after PH. In addition to this Niko is still alive, albeit old and shrively, and is obviously nearing the end of a very long life. This is another dead give away that ST goes where Nintendo says it goes. Further proving this, is that the Zelda of this game during the final battle with Malludus calls for Tetra's blessing in reentering her body. Even further backing this up is this (I quote exact dialougue for clarity)
Anjean: Yes I knew one of your ancestors. I met her when she had just arrived here. She and I were friends for a very long time. *laughs*
Zelda: My family first arrived here about a century ago.

The evidence of ST's placement is very staggering.

Child Timeline: Majora's Mask

Now we have Majora's Mask on the Child Timeline. Basically after being sent back in time by Zelda in OoT Link had gone to Zelda to tell her of the danger of opening the Door of Time. This lead to Ganondorf going on trial and being banished to the Twilight Realm which eventually lead to Twilight Princess. And what happened to Link after that you ask? Take a look at this. (quotes for clarity)
Intro Narrator: A boy who, after battling evil and saving Hyrule, crept away from the land that had made him a legend... Done with the battles he once waged across time, he embarked on a journey. A secret and personal journey... A journey in search of a beloved and invalueable friend... A friend with whom he parted ways when he finally fulfilled his heroic destiny and took his place among legends...
This happens to be a dead giveaway that MM is a direct sequel to OoT on the Child Ending.

Child Timeline: Twilight Princess

This game is confirmed by Nintendo to go hundreds of years after MM. While there isn't much evidence there are a few pieces of evidence I know of that confirms the placement. Firstly Hyrule isn't flooded meaning the Adult Timeline is out. Secondly Ganondorf was sentenced to death (but ultimately banished to the Twilight Realm as a last resort) as infered by the Child Ending of OoT and he comes back in this game. Thirdly the Master Sword is there which also means it can't go on the Adult Timeline. While it isn't very clear, TP goes on the Child Timeline hundreds of years after MM.

Child Timeline: Four Swords

Now comes FS, the second title of three, in the FSS. Using the process of elimination from FSA's BS.
FSA Intro Narrator: Long ago, in the kingdom of Hyrule, a wind sorcerer named Vaati appeared. Vaati terrorized the the people of Hyrule and kidnapped many beautiful girls from their homes. When all hope seemed lost, a young boy carrying little more than a sword appeared. According to the legends when the young boy drew his sword, he split into four, the four-who-are-one worked together to vanquish Vaati. The hero used his sword to bind Vaati in a remote area of Hyrule. The people christened the blade the Four Sword and built a shrine around it. There it remained undisturbed for many years. Ages flowed by...

Let me just stop here for now and say, to those that don't understand, that this portion is the events of MC. Continuing on...

FSA Intro Narrator: The wind sorcerer Vaati broke free of his prison and kidnapped Zelda, the princess of Hyrule. Princess Zelda's childhood friend Link used the power of the Four Sword to defeat Vaati and seal him away once again. And, for a time, the people of Hyrule believed that their land was safe.

Okay so to sum it up FS and FSA are directly related, seeing as they know the name of the Hero in FS and not the name of the hero of MC. This means FS is a very indirect sequel to MC and FS is a direct prequel to FSA.

Child Timeline: Four Swords Adventures

Up to now my timeline has been relatively smooth (I think) with few bumps and inconsistencies but now comes something you probably are wondering about. Ganondorf. Well I can explain. While the original Ganondorf from TP is indeed dead it is entirely possibly that another gerudo named Ganondorf come along. Basically Ganondorf is an antichrist and in real life there can be multiple antichrists so why not multiple Ganons? Also Ganon's spirit was in the Trident of the Pyramid so when Ganondorf picked it up Ganon basically possessed him and Ganondorf became the blue pig beast we all know and hate. Then he was sealed in the Four Sword at the end of the game marking the end of the Four Sword Saga.

Child Timeline: A Link to the Past

Okay so now comes a classic: ALttP. Now I know what you're all thinking. You're wondering why I'm putting ALttP after FSA right? Well allow me to explain. Basically at the end of FSA Ganon was sealed up in the FS. After that I theorize that he came into possession of a Triforce piece (probably Power) and was freed. He then began to search for them and the Dark World spread. The seven sages along with many Hylian Knights, sealed Ganon away in the Dark World. Now Ganon continued to seek out the Triforce and eventually completed it. Then comes the events of ALttP.

Child Timeline: Link's Awakening

Okay so Link's Awakening can admittedly go almost anywhere on the timeline but it is most presumably a direct sequel to ALttP so I'm sticking with that for simplicity's sake.
Child Timeline: Oracles
Now come the Oracle Games. Basically the plot here is that Ganon is dead and Twinrova is trying to resurrect him by using Zelda as a sacrifice. Obviously, Link swoops in and saves the day, but in a last ditch effort to revive their lost master, Twinrova sacrifices themselves in order to revive him. And obviously this isn't the proper way to do so and Ganon has no mental capacity and seems to like killing things. He also requires no sacred weapons to defeat due to the improper revival method. I theorize that Ganon however, survived and lived on to the events of LoZ.
Child Timeline: Legend of Zelda
Now the alpha game is here! Continuing from where I left off in the Oracle games, Ganon lived on and stole the Triforce of Power, allowing him to regain some of his lost strength (he now requires Silver Arrows to kill). This quickly lead to the events of LoZ.
Child Timeline: Adventure of Link
AoL is confirmed by Nintendo to take place several seasons after LoZ which means a few years. Also I think I found a solution to the Sleeping Zelda issue. So I'll sum up the Legend of Zelda from the AoL instruction manual. Basically there was a King that ruled with the power of the complete Triforce and he sadly died, leaving everything to the prince. However this Prince could only inherit a part of the Triforceand sought it out. However a magician close to the king informed the prince that he told something of the Triforce to Princess Zelda, his younger sister. However she refused to spill the bean and the magician cast her into an eternal sleep, dying in the process of doing so. The prince lay her to rest and ordered that all girls born into the Royal Family be named Zelda so that the tragedy may never be forgotten. (click here for further evidence)

So, relying on the Oracles again, I theorize that the Link from OoX was actually the king mentioned in AoL's BS. After all, Link and Zelda kissed at the end of the Oracles and who's to say Link didn't become Zelda's king after that? I definately think that's what happened. Also, we know that OoX Link had the Triforce so I don't think it's a very farfetched theory.

Timeline complete!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom