• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario & Sonic

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Should Mario and Sonic do another collaboration?

I think they shouldn't, but if they did, I hope it would be an RPG instead of some kind of sport game.

If there is one in the process, feel free to tell us about it.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
There is already a second Mario & Sonic Olympic Games set to take place at the Vancouver 2010 games, which I personally find neat since I'm Canadian. I might just have to buy it because it's the one and only time Mario will make it to Canada I imagine!

At any rate, I heard the original game didn't fare too well in the ratings, so even though it's got local kitch factor, a sequel might not be that great. I've never played the first one though, I'm only basing this on the ratings it recieved.

I think Sonic would fit well in the Mario Kart universe, but I don't care too much for a lot of his supporting cast. Sonic, Tails and the bad guy (I always though he was Robotnik from the cartoon, evidently he goes by the lamer name Eggman?) are good candidates, but I don't need the whole hedgehog gang jointing Kart. Just like Sonic's appearance in Brawl, it would be a good cameo.

Other than the above, I don't think the characters mesh well enough to have a story-driven title. It might seem a bit forced. An RPG would probably be the best idea over a platformer, but I personally don't want their relationship to continue beyond the casual sports titles.

Yeah, I'm with basement. There is going to be a sequel to the Olympic Games, but I think we all know that the first game wasn't the best in the world. I'm looking forward to a sequel though, because an article in Nintendo Power talked about how the developers were listening to the complaints about the last game and were trying their best to fix them. I remain optimistic for right now. About your RPG idea, I thi9nk basement is right. The two sets of characters just don't blend well enough for there to be a good RPG. Sonic can go the speed of sound while just about the only thing Mario can do is jump higher than the average human, and the two don't fit too well together.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
I would rather an RPG starring both of them, or a fighter/platformer. I want an actual story to why they have joined forces. :(

L

Legendary Pizza

I thought there first one was so I guess they should

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
please let me enlighten you all and tell you that there is a fantastic story involving mario AND sonic (at least i think its good)

well they're just flash videos but if you like DBZ you will like this its called

SUPER MARIO BROS Z

look for it on newgrounds.com there is like 7 episodes and i'm telling you, its good

btw a mario and sonic RPG would be awesome!! i've already decided to pre-order it

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
There is already a second Mario & Sonic Olympic Games set to take place at the Vancouver 2010 games, which I personally find neat since I'm Canadian. I might just have to buy it because it's the one and only time Mario will make it to Canada I imagine!

At any rate, I heard the original game didn't fare too well in the ratings, so even though it's got local kitch factor, a sequel might not be that great. I've never played the first one though, I'm only basing this on the ratings it recieved.

I think Sonic would fit well in the Mario Kart universe, but I don't care too much for a lot of his supporting cast. Sonic, Tails and the bad guy (I always though he was Robotnik from the cartoon, evidently he goes by the lamer name Eggman?) are good candidates, but I don't need the whole hedgehog gang jointing Kart. Just like Sonic's appearance in Brawl, it would be a good cameo.

Other than the above, I don't think the characters mesh well enough to have a story-driven title. It might seem a bit forced. An RPG would probably be the best idea over a platformer, but I personally don't want their relationship to continue beyond the casual sports titles.

I see what you are saying basement. I was arguing this to my friends as well. Any type of collaboration of mario and Sonic would be very difficult to make (RPG style), because they are two totally different characters. They might be able to do something where they work together, like Mario using his talents, and Sonic using his to get through levels and whatnot. But as for now, that is very difficult, due to the history they have both conglomorated over the years.

I was dissapointed about M&S at the Olympic Games, but I had it for DS. It might have been different for the Wii (but by your reactions, I should say it wasn't).

Overall, any collaboration between Mario and Sonic would have to be very carefully orchestrated, and very careful not to confuse any type of world setting. If they do make it, they have to explain about whether or not their worlds can meet.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
Nintendo master you make a very good point..

it would hav to be something like Dr. Robotnick in his mad science discovers this other dimension for the two worlds to come together...

either that or either Mario or Sonic would have to be stuck in the other world some how...

but your right they would have to put a lot of time and thought into the story

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom