• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart and More

Mario Kart and Mario sports games have been around for years. In recent installments, items and characters from other games have made their appearance (F-Zero's Blue Falcon in Mario Kart Wii, Final Fantasy characters in Mario Sports Mix, R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS, etc.). With this in mind, do you think that the Mario Kart series and the series of sports games should include other Nintendo characters such as Link, Kirby, Fox, and others?

izi

Not A Wizard
Mario Kart and Mario sports games have been around for years. In recent installments, items and characters from other games have made their appearance (F-Zero's Blue Falcon in Mario Kart Wii, Final Fantasy characters in Mario Sports Mix, R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS, etc.). With this in mind, do you think that the Mario Kart series and the series of sports games should include other Nintendo characters such as Link, Kirby, Fox, and others?

I can see them putting Kirby in there sometime. They might not add Fox, but deinitely a/some references (Karts, stages, etc.), but never Link or any other Zelda character/reference. They're just so much different than the Mario universe; having simple technology doesn't really jump to Kart Racing. It would just be unfitting.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Well... seeing as Kirby had it's own racing game, I don't think they'll throw Kirby in the mix.

I haven't played the new Mario Kart 7, but all the previous installment have used either just Mario characters, or Nintendo characters that don't have their own series anymore. I think, if any outside characters made the cut, it might be characters from the Sonic universe.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think, if any outside characters made the cut, it might be characters from the Sonic universe.
Well I would have thought that before too but now Sonic has his own racing game.

As for introducing other items/characters from other series', I don't think it's really needed as there are already so many Mario characters to choose from. That being said, I'd like them to bring something new to the series with Mario Kart U but I'm not quite sure what.
Also for the love of god Nintendo don't make us use the GamePad as a steering wheel....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom