• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart 9/Nintendo Kart

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
What would you like to see happen with the next version of this series.

I wouldn't mind seeing it become Nintendo Kart with more levels from different franchises like Splatoon, Pokemon, Kirby, more F-Zero, more Animal Crossing and more Zelda tracks.

I also want any level that has not received the Retro update treatment to get it like Wario Stadium from 64, Wario Colosseum from DD, Bowser;s Castle from DD, Rainbow Road from DD, Figure 8 from DS, Shroom Ridge from DS, Toad's Factory from Wii, Daisy Circuit, Wuhu Loop from 7, Maka Wuhu from 7, Wario Shipyard from 7 and Rosalina's Ice World from 7.

I would like to see some already done ones revisited since it's been several games since they last appeared like SNES Koopa Beach 2, SNES Chocho Island 2, SNES Ghost Valley 2, N64 Moo Moo Farm, N64 Frappe Snowland, 64 Choco Mountain, N64 Banshee Boardwalk, N64 DK's Jungle Parkway, N64 Kalimari Desert, GBA Luigi Circut, GBA Sky Garden, DD Mushroom Bridge, DD Dino Dino Jungle, DD Luigi Circut, DD DK Mountain (make the bridge dangerous again), DS Yoshi Falls, DS Delfino Square, DS Waluigi Pinball, Wii Koopa Cape, Wii Mishroom Gorge, Wii Coconut Mall, Wii Maple Tree Way.

As long as MK9 is decent then I won't mind.

I don't think it needs to become Nintendo Kart though. A guest character is fine every now and again with some guess tracks but MK games already have a lot of content. A Nintendo Kart just feels unnecessary to me.

I couldn't begin to predict MK9's gameplay gimmick but there are some new features I'd like.

Track creator - Mario Maker style course creation with an array of selectable themes and backgrounds and portions you can piece together such as loops and jumps and inclines.

Custom Cups - save your custom GPs to take online or race the CPU with.

Also I want Pauline and E. Gadd to make the cut.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I want a reason to choose Waluigi other than him being the holy one. Give the characters stats, give them unique items like in double dash, give them special abilities, make me want to play as Pink Gold Dry Metal Baby Morton Koopa.

I’m with spirit on Nintendo kart, we already have a competitive multiplayer crossover game. PlayStation All Stars (and I guess smash too) already fits the bill here.

There really aren’t any new playable characters I’d want. Maybe pull an ultimate and bring back all the characters (including Donkey Kong Jr). I guess if I had to pick one I’d say kamek, seeing as he was planned for Mario Kart 64 but cut for unknown reasons.

I really don't think Mario Kart needs to turn into Nintendo Kart. They're barely scratching the surface of Mario characters as is, there's no need to make it a huge crossover. They should really take a note from Crash Team Racing. On top of being far superior mechanically, they chose characters that show the developers actually give a **** about the fans. The base game had all the fan favorite characters, then they add every character of any significance from the series. The Lab Assistant, Koala Kong, the Baby T. Rex from Warped. Then you get Spyro characters and even the obscure titles get representation with characters like Megamix.

Now think about Mario Kart characters. You get Baby Rosalina, Baby Daisy, Tanooki Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Cat Peach...Yeah, that ****ing sucks. I'm a fan of the Koopalings and it was cool to have all of them playable, but it wasn't enough to make up for the blatant lack of care Nintendo put into the rest of the roster. And their entire reasoning for not caring is pretty much "It's Mario Kart, **** you, you'll buy it no matter what." No Diddy, no Petey, no Wart, no Goomba, no Pauline. But here, have four Marios, four Peaches, five babies, and some Splatoon/Zelda/Animal Crossing characters. Now take into consideration that Mario Kart charged money for extra courses, and then additional characters required buying the same game a second time at full price while all of the additional courses and characters in CTR were completely free. Mario Kart 8 came out in 2014. Six years ago. Nintendo still charges full price for it.

Crash Team Racing is the definitive kart racing game at this point in time. As much as I've loved past Mario Kart games, Crash has set the bar so much higher that Nintendo will really have to get their **** together for me to consider buying the next Mario Kart.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
How would it be if it was like Forza Motorsport? :suspicious:
It would obviously be a problem to redesign the characters.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I have high expectations for the next Mario Kart, as a combination of my time with Mario Kart 8 and perhaps more importantly, my experiences with CTR Nitro Fueled & Mario Kart Tour. I won't ever expect Mario Kart to match the mechanics of CTR, but Mario Kart could really use its amount of content (outside the track count) for a more healthy life, particularly the single player side of things.

Regardless of how shallow I think Mario Kart Tour is (I uninstalled it after few days), I love its emphasis on character costumes to give the game more personality. As far as I'm concerned, all the next game has to do is continue to have fun with itself in this way, put in tons of great tracks, and not include silly gacha mechanics lol.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have high expectations for the next Mario Kart, as a combination of my time with Mario Kart 8 and perhaps more importantly, my experiences with CTR Nitro Fueled & Mario Kart Tour. I won't ever expect Mario Kart to match the mechanics of CTR, but Mario Kart could really use its amount of content (outside the track count) for a more healthy life, particularly the single player side of things.

Regardless of how shallow I think Mario Kart Tour is (I uninstalled it after few days), I love its emphasis on character costumes to give the game more personality. As far as I'm concerned, all the next game has to do is continue to have fun with itself in this way, put it tons of great tracks, and not include silly gacha mechanics lol.
That is actually not a bad idea, instead of having multiple separate characters make them costumes like the Yoshi and Shy Guy currently are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom