• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart 8 Discussion Thread

キラ

Yo!
So, is anybody using the Mercedes-Benz karts? I've been using the W 25 Silver Arrow with the Slick Wheels and the MKTV Parafoil with Black Shy Guy (Black Shy Guy cause he looks cool in it).

It has a little above the norm for speed and acceleration, and it has wicked handling. It's a great car that's pretty fast, and the handling makes it so easy to get 10 coins while still getting all the mini-turbos I need. If I have all 10 coins, I have a great chance at winning a race.

Bwjb47_CEAAF1sQ.jpg:large

What do you think of the Mercedes-Benz karts?

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
So, is anybody using the Mercedes-Benz karts? I've been using the W 25 Silver Arrow with the Slick Wheels and the MKTV Parafoil with Black Shy Guy (Black Shy Guy cause he looks cool in it.

It has a little above the norm for speed and acceleration, and it has wicked handling. It's a great car that's pretty fast, and the handling makes it so easy to get 10 coins while still getting all the mini-turbos I need. If I have all 10 coins, I have a great chance at winning a race.

Bwjb47_CEAAF1sQ.jpg:large

What do you think of the Mercedes-Benz karts?

Ever since the release of the Mercedes-Benz DLC, I have been using the GLA kart, Slick wheels, and Cloud/Gold Glider with either as Shy Guy (every color is awesome) or Ludwig as usual. While these karts do make the Mario cast look out of place as most of us would have never expected to see Mario and co. drive real-life cars, but they are very great when it comes to racing. All three DLC karts seem to give the player a better chance at winning because of the improved stats of each respective vehicle. Speaking of DLC, I have already purchased both DLC packs as $12 for all this extra content is a great deal and now I just have to wait for November and May to arrive so I can try out all of the new extra content that the developers decided to add! These packs will ensure Mario Kart 8's longevity and hopefully more packs will be revealed after these first two packs have been released.

キラ

Yo!
Ever since the release of the Mercedes-Benz DLC, I have been using the GLA kart, Slick wheels, and Cloud/Gold Glider with either as Shy Guy (every color is awesome) or Ludwig as usual. While these karts do make the Mario cast look out of place as most of us would have never expected to see Mario and co. drive real-life cars, but they are very great when it comes to racing. All three DLC karts seem to give the player a better chance at winning because of the improved stats of each respective vehicle. Speaking of DLC, I have already purchased both DLC packs as $12 for all this extra content is a great deal and now I just have to wait for November and May to arrive so I can try out all of the new extra content that the developers decided to add! These packs will ensure Mario Kart 8's longevity and hopefully more packs will be revealed after these first two packs have been released.

I've purchased the bundle for both packs as well and I can't wait to drive as Link. I really hope he has good stats. I wonder if there will be an Epona kart? But what I'm most excited for are the new tracks. I wonder what Zelda-themed track there will be. Maybe Ganon's Tower? That would be amazing. Just imagine driving down it as it's crumbling, through all of the stairs and rooms as such. It would be a 3-sections track instead of a 3-laps track.

I do like how the update included play stats. Though I still wish they'd let you race while highlights are being uploaded instead of making you sit there watching the progress bar. Why that wasn't changed with the update is a mystery. But, with that said,

7fc5c18b4d.png

get on my level, plebs

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm finna download the MK8 update that is queued up, maybe I'll release some HD Videos of it in the future.

キラ

Yo!
So, guys, what score would you give Mario Kart 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 - 1 being the worst, 10 being the best?

I'd have to give the game a 7.

I thought the track designs were really good this time around. Anti-gravity added a lot of variety to tracks cause it adds alternate routes to take, and sometimes it's the required route, but yeah. Nonetheless, there are a few tracks with multiple routes, and I like that. I like how some races are in sections now instead of just laps. Also, it's a beautiful game. The online is good, but I wish you could still choose whatever tracks you wanted when you're not playing with friends. I wish there was voice chat in regular races, but it's Nintendo. There's voice chat with friends, but only before races and that's so dumb. Battle mode SUCKS. But my biggest gripe is with the character roster. This has to be the worst character roster ever. 5 baby characters and 8 Koopa characters no one really cares about? People want iconic characters. I am glad that they're adding Link into the mix though, that's cool. But Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach? They're okay, I guess, but now there's 4 Marios and 4 Peachs. See what I mean? Nintendo could have easily came up with better ideas for characters. I thought R.O.B. was an awesome character from MKDS, why not add him? Why not Funky Kong or Diddy Kong? Why no Birdo? No Boo? Petey? How about Pac-man as a 3rd party character like Nintendo put in the arcade games in Japan? But nope, babies and Koopas. Boring.

Though, I am looking forward to seeing new karts and tracks. I'm glad Nintendo is putting out DLC. I usually hate the idea of DLC, but Nintendo doesn't make their DLC terribly expensive, and still makes complete games without DLC, so their DLC is truly expansions instead of completing the game.

7/10. How about you guys?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
atm 0/10 it's completely unplayable.

I just wasted literally 4 hours of playing by coming in 9th and losing 24 VR. Yes it took me four hours to gain 24 VR, and two minutes to lose it. It continuously matched me with 4-5k's, where I, with 8.8k, have to do better than third place to get any points. I don't understand why they raised the limit to 99999 if they're just going to force everyone toward 5k.

I'm done. PM/VM me when they fix matchmaking and/or VR balancing. I'm not buying the DLC.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Honestly, I agree with Locke, there is currently no better word than "unplayable" to describe the game right now. I'm 1000 VR less than he is, and it's a joke. It's practically luck-based at this point, in regards to matchmaking people on your level so you don't lose 20 points for even half-decent results, as well as how fortunate you are in receiving good items and not be destroyed by them. It's absolutely impossible to reliably gain points. There's nothing better to do in the game once you've played it for five hours and unlocked everything with 3 star ranks (unless you to have mates around), so if the online isn't fixed, I can't imagine sticking with it for much longer.

Last edited:
Nintendo of America has released the following video overview of the first pack of Mario Kart 8 DLC:

[video=youtube;WseR5h3zMs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WseR5h3zMs8[/video]

It explains what we already learned from the Direct and also offers a better look at the courses. I, for one, can't believe I didn't notice rupees replace coins in Hyrule Circuit.

Next Thursday can't come soon enough.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
MK8 was my first ever MK game, and it got me to go out and buy both MK7 and MK wii. But I prefer 8 & 7 to the wii one. Tracks look and play amazing, I love the vehicle customisation. I don't bother with battle mode and such, it's just not that fun, but I'm enjoying the online. Being a newbie to it, I'm not noticing any issues. I also don't really care about points and such. I just enjoy the racing itself. I'm really looking forward to both DLC packs and find an additional 8 tracks per DLC proper value for money, and they look really good in the trailer.

Give it a 8/10. Would love to be able to choose between more tracks in the online, and wish the other modes were more fun.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
It explains what we already learned from the Direct and also offers a better look at the courses. I, for one, can't believe I didn't notice rupees replace coins in Hyrule Circuit.

Next Thursday can't come soon enough.

I like when developers put attention to details like that. Also like the fact that the blue falcon actualy gives out blue flames from its exhausts.
I don't like that link doesn't has a sword and sheath on its back while he pops out his master sword while doing tricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom