• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart 8 Discussion Thread

6d2.png

This probably won't last long, though. Just because one game is causing a ton of Wii U sales, that doesn't mean it's gonna continue selling consoles. This is what happened with the Wii.

Fig

The Altruist
Is it possible that we can make a Mario Kart 8 group (either here in the forums or skype though I prefer the former) in case we want to race/battle against each other without having to wait for Saturday tournaments. I think it would really be cool to have a daily thing going on but if it can't be done except for Saturdays then I understand.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I could switch the tournament to daily for a while. But yeah we need some sort of group with notifications so we can set up races. Unfortunately Skype would be the best fit for those requirements...but I'm not sure if I want to start yet another skype group.

Also Fig way to leave while I was queued up to join you. Probably a good thing. I didn't want to race all those 3k+ when I'm only 1200.

Fig

The Altruist
I could switch the tournament to daily for a while. But yeah we need some sort of group with notifications so we can set up races. Unfortunately Skype would be the best fit for those requirements...but I'm not sure if I want to start yet another skype group.

Also Fig way to leave while I was queued up to join you. Probably a good thing. I didn't want to race all those 3k+ when I'm only 1200.

It's fine if you don't want to start a skype group. I guess I was just excited to play against all on my friends on Mario Kart 8 because I'm sure it would be amazing to see and enjoy and we could even share it for others to see the reels if they don't have the game! Evil Luigi reels for days. I just really wished there was a better alternative to communicate with each other. Now would have been the perfect time to have the Chatbox back up because I do believe that was the best method to communicate with one another but we'll just have to find something else to use in the meantime.

And I'm sorry for that. It seemed for the majority of the time, I was having a lot of communication errors whenever I would be joining whether if it was with my friends or worldwide. It can't be my wi-fi connection as it's actually very stable even with six devices connected to it at once and I only had my laptop and Wii U when it started happening so I guess the servers are just malfunctioning for a while.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It's fine if you don't want to start a skype group. I guess I was just excited to play against all on my friends on Mario Kart 8 because I'm sure it would be amazing to see and enjoy and we could even share it for others to see the reels if they don't have the game! Evil Luigi reels for days. I just really wished there was a better alternative to communicate with each other. Now would have been the perfect time to have the Chatbox back up because I do believe that was the best method to communicate with one another but we'll just have to find something else to use in the meantime.

And I'm sorry for that. It seemed for the majority of the time, I was having a lot of communication errors whenever I would be joining whether if it was with my friends or worldwide. It can't be my wi-fi connection as it's actually very stable even with six devices connected to it at once and I only had my laptop and Wii U when it started happening so I guess the servers are just malfunctioning for a while.
It's Mario Kart. MK7 had tons of connection issues too. I and everyone in the skype group we've hijacked are having the same issues.

I think I'm probably going to go ahead and make a skype group. I can't think of any alternatives. I have an IRC channel set up, but that doesn't work as well. If you want in, add me (Locke642) and say so.

Luigi was on the news lol. perhaps This should be a new commercial for MK8
[video=youtube_share;xKZ7BJZCdNA]http://youtu.be/xKZ7BJZCdNA[/video]

The Year of Luigi Will NEVER Die.. ~ Luigi

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
That's hilarious that it ended up on the news! That's some damn good free advertising right there. :P Incoming Luigi spin-off, Shadow the Hedgehog style.

Tried out Mario Kart 8 before I went out to shop this morning. I'm enjoying it so far, but guess which character hit me with an item while going through the Grand Prix mode? Evil Luigi!!!! D8

Fig

The Altruist
I really am loving these videos I keep seeing on tumblr! I believe this is the best one so far. :xd:
[video=youtube;Ol13DfN5BsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol13DfN5BsU[/video]

I've been meaning to post this earlier, but it is still recent and new to many players. There has been a new technique that has been discovered known as Fire Hopping. This technique allow you to maintain your speed after receiving any form of boost (i.e. Mushroom, Trick, Speed boost panel, etc.) so long as you hop constantly. I've been trying to master this technique as soon as possible so that I can have the best possible time on my Time Trials and when I compete at the worldwide level. More information about Fire Hopping can be found here and IGN has already posted a video on the subject as well.

[video=youtube;9zC519Ned_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zC519Ned_8[/video]

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've been meaning to post this earlier, but it is still recent and new to many players. There has been a new technique that has been discovered known as Fire Hopping. This technique allow you to maintain your speed after receiving any form of boost (i.e. Mushroom, Trick, Speed boost panel, etc.) so long as you hop constantly. I've been trying to master this technique as soon as possible so that I can have the best possible time on my Time Trials and when I compete at the worldwide level. More information about Fire Hopping can be found here and IGN has already posted a video on the subject as well.

[video=youtube;9zC519Ned_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zC519Ned_8[/video]

Literally unplayable.

*tries it*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom