• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Updated to 1.1.0

Zachie

Moo
Nintendo has updated Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Nintendo Switch to version 1.1.0 and there's a pretty sweet set of patch notes to go with it! See below.

• Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
  • Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
  • Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
  • “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
  • Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
  • Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
  • Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
  • Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
  • Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Adding an invincibility phase when stunned was a genius move. Can't even count how many times I was sniped by two or three drivers behind me after getting hit by a red shell or somesuch. I just wish that they made the item RNG more balanced because there have been times when I got a green shell in 6th place and the guy ahead of me got triple red shells in 5th place.

This is the bare minimum that should come with patch notes. Nothing special here. It's good when Nintendo tell us more than one sentence for patch notes.

The invincibility should last longer in offline matches as well. I don't know why it's not. Being hit by 3-4 things one after the other in a cup right at the end of a race so I go from 1st to 4th is never fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom