• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Discussion

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Just finished the last wave. It was pretty alright. Bowser Castle surprised me with just how good of a remake it was. Most of the SNES and GBA tracks here have sucked.

One of the best DLCs ever made.
I wouldn’t go that far. It was a good deal, don’t get me wrong, but at the end of the day it’s still just 95% repackaged content from tour, with a quarter of it being the awful city tracks. Plus, that first wave really wasn’t too great. Honestly I think the original MK8 DLC was far better overall.

Thoughts on the tracks:

Acorn Cup:

Rome Avanti: I really like the unique enemies in this one. It's cool seeing rocky wrenches and fuzzies in a Mario Kart track. Plus, I tend to prefer city tracks set at night. Other than that, it's an above average city track.

DK Mountain: This track has always been one of my favorites, and this new incarnation doesn't disappoint. It looks stunning, and the bridge continues to give me PTSD.

Daisy Circuit: This is probably the weakest track of the wave. I love the sunset and the dash panels around the lighthouse, but it's pretty forgettable.

Piranha Plant Cove: I love the Atlantis vibes, and this one has a lot of enemy variety with thwomps, morays, clams, and piranhas. Each lap feels distinct. My only complaint is the music is subpar.

Spiny Cup:

Madrid Drive: This is definitely one of the weaker city tracks. The wigglers in the city square and the goomba shoes in the soccer arena are the only highlights for me.

Rosalina's Ice World: This track looks and sounds better than ever. I've always loved the icicle cave section, and the added ramp at the end offers more shortcut potential.

SNES Bowser Castle 3: My goodness, this track got quite the glow-up. This is the best looking SNES remake ever. I really like the metallic ramps and the dry piranhas, and the upward path on the walls is a tricky way to snag some extra items.

Wii Rainbow Road: I love all of the boost panels and the cannon plus the two circles, but this track feels more repetitive than the N64 and 3DS versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom