• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario and Peach

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
So, this might sound dumb, but what is the deal with Mario and Peach? Are they in love or are they just friends? What's their story?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, it has a similar story as Legend of Zelda. The Princess is stolen by a Giant Koopa (OK, that might not be in Zelda), so an Italian Plumber (OK, that isn't in Zelda either) must travel across strange lands and fight weird creatures to save the Princess, and the Mushroom Kingdom. I honestly don't see much in this thread, though.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
Yeah, I think they're dating. I believe some old GBA artwork shows the 2 of them together with hearts surrounding them.

I always got the idea that they were a "couple" but not really "married". Like the others have said, Peach gets kidnapped, Mario goes through many levels, Mario rescues her, Peach gives Mario a kiss on the nose and piece of cake, and they go home so it can happen all over again. That's pretty much all there is to it. :D

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The only games i have seen where its obvious that they love each other is the original mario where i think there is a heart around them when you save her and then in super mario 64 when you get the note from her and she signs it "love, peach"

Other than that, there really is no evidence in the other games that they are dating or anything. If anything, it seems like they are super best friends and she always gets kidnapped so he goes out and saves her.

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
I get the impression that Peach and the heart thing is just a sign of "joy" that she was rescued. I don't see it as an actual love thing. She's just swooning over the guy who saved her.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Well they always kiss after Mario saves Peach. It's just an unspoken law. Other than that, there's really nothing else to say. It just is that way because it is.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I don't really know awnser for it but come on... a plumber and a princess?
Somehow i don't really get the picture. Its like Mario paid Bowser to kidnapp the princess (behind the scenes) and then act like a hero to impress the princess.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Due to Nintendo's strict policies and censorship Peach and Mario have never been, and will never be a couple. That, and it gives them an excuse to keep recycling the old storyline. Peach gets kidnapped, blah blah. I don't think I could ever live without that.

It's a forbidden love. :)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I don't really know awnser for it but come on... a plumber and a princess?
Somehow i don't really get the picture. Its like Mario paid Bowser to kidnapp the princess (behind the scenes) and then act like a hero to impress the princess.

Haha i like this theory.

Due to Nintendo's strict policies and censorship Peach and Mario have never been, and will never be a couple. That, and it gives them an excuse to keep recycling the old storyline. Peach gets kidnapped, blah blah. I don't think I could ever live without that.

It's a forbidden love. :)

Well, i dont see why it would be a forbidden love. Do we ever see Peach's parents? Anyway, ALL of the mushroom kingdom seem to adore and praise Mario. I dont see why they would be against him and Peach being together. I've just always been confused as to what their relationship is.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I'd say Mario and Peach are together in some capacity, but they have a pretty Platonic relationship. They both seem to have crushes on each other, but aren't in the least bit intimate.

They're just a "couple" without any of the complications, responsibilities, or joys. Kind of like children. Frankly, I hope it stays that way, because it works well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom