• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario and Luigi RPG Series

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'm glad you're handling this maturely. The battle system is my favorite part of the series actually. It's because it's alot better than just double hits or dodges.

Bowser's Inside Story's concept I have mixed feelings about now that I've played it. It's almost like the Light World/Dark World feature in Zelda Link to the Past and Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes. But then again, vore and inflation make me quite nausceous. Then again, Nintendo
s going for kids with these games and therefore... they get away with vore because it's cartoony.

I don't like it because it's too easy, short, unepic, and unamusing. It's good in gameplay (though something felt missing from it) but the rest... I dislike.

Watch the language. I didn't say you couldn't say "whatever". I just feel as though you ignored my reasons in attempt to make a legitimate objection.

Again, watch the language. As dumb as you think this is, you asked why I hated the series. I responded and you acted like you didn't even ask.

I'm going back to hell.

SMRPG was released everywhere except Africa and Indo-Asia (minus Japan). Despite I hate emulating, I don't see why the emulator took away the experience. It's only for a different system and it's free. I guess it's because it didn't feel like the pure game.

That aside, the gameplay was good, the graphics aren't quite as good as SMRPG but it was handheld so I can't blame'em. Fawful... I just don't get how he is funny. Difficulty needs improvement, but this is designed for kids so once more, I won't blame Nintendo.

The third game came out. I played it and it was good with gameplay and sound, the graphics look as cheesy as the other 2 (what's the DS graphic capabilities 128 or 16?), Fawful is as stupid as ever, and the vore just made me dissappointed. The title lead me to think that you would play as Bowser from the first one and possibly second (but that would get complicated due to there being two Bowsers). But I was too stupid to remember the child-like mind of the game, and got a face full of vore and inflation.

Mario has been mature since his appearance in Super Mario 64. At first, it was simply jumping on enemies. But in 64 he laughed gleefully. In Galaxy, he couldn't be happier than killing turtles and muffins and tossing an enemy turtle in to a pit of lava. That is just as bad as Mother Brain and Samus. Shooting at a defenseless monster. Then again some annoying turrets impede your way.

Anyway, the bosses are not as epic (or scarring) as the one we all have been traumatized by... Anyway, blabbity bla, bla blabbity bloo, I don't need to repeat myself to everyone on this thread.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH! You don't seem to get my point! The bosses DO have depth, they ARE epic, and mario as mature as he is can't pull something like mother brain off!!! And yeah the bosses aren't as scarring as some of the ones in metroid and stuff like that (although when I was 7 luigi's mansion scared the crap out of me and to this day it still send chills down my spine) but I never said they were scarring. And again I repeat myself THE VORE IN ML ISN'T THAT BAD DUDE! Should I bold this post to help you understand? And remember............................................ OBEY WEEGEE!!!!!!!!

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
SMRPG was released everywhere except Africa and Indo-Asia (minus Japan). Despite I hate emulating, I don't see why the emulator took away the experience. It's only for a different system and it's free. I guess it's because it didn't feel like the pure game.

That aside, the gameplay was good, the graphics aren't quite as good as SMRPG but it was handheld so I can't blame'em. Fawful... I just don't get how he is funny. Difficulty needs improvement, but this is designed for kids so once more, I won't blame Nintendo.

The third game came out. I played it and it was good with gameplay and sound, the graphics look as cheesy as the other 2 (what's the DS graphic capabilities 128 or 16?), Fawful is as stupid as ever, and the vore just made me dissappointed. The title lead me to think that you would play as Bowser from the first one and possibly second (but that would get complicated due to there being two Bowsers). But I was too stupid to remember the child-like mind of the game, and got a face full of vore and inflation.
Naw man, the SNES version of SMRPG never got a European release. It was released on virtual console, yes, but we never actually got a cartridge.

What I dislike about emulation are the controls and the whole 'feel' of the game. When I play it on a monitor with a keyboard it just doesn't feel right. I'm sure a lot of people don't have this, but for some reason I can't lose the feeling.

Haha, Fawful... I don't know... I kinda liked his one-liners like 'I have fury!' and 'mustard of your doom'. The diffculty in the first game was pretty low yeah, but I never really thought it of it as too easy. The second game hates me, though. :( Also, what's there not to like about the graphics? I thought they were pretty good, considering it's all spritework. If you think M&L has bad graphics, have you tried Pokémon?

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH! You don't seem to get my point! The bosses DO have depth, they ARE epic, and mario as mature as he is can't pull something like mother brain off!!! And yeah the bosses aren't as scarring as some of the ones in metroid and stuff like that (although when I was 7 luigi's mansion scared the crap out of me and to this day it still send chills down my spine) but I never said they were scarring. And again I repeat myself THE VORE IN ML ISN'T THAT BAD DUDE! Should I bold this post to help you understand? And remember............................................ OBEY WEEGEE!!!!!!!!

You don't have a point for me to see. Boss battles feel okay, but I just wanna have a boss battle that has the scarring that... Giygas... did. Besides, neither Mother Brain's nor Giygas' games nor themselves were rated M/AO. Vore is the act of eating a biotic creature whole/shrunken. There is just NO way I can look at that without feeling the slightest bit queasy. If you have to use all caps, bold, and language as if you are lashing out, you are wasting your time with getting your point to my nonconformist ways.

Uh-oh. He's milking unfunny 4chan memes for humor! Somebody do a barrel roll!

Naw man, the SNES version of SMRPG never got a European release. It was released on virtual console, yes, but we never actually got a cartridge.

What I dislike about emulation are the controls and the whole 'feel' of the game. When I play it on a monitor with a keyboard it just doesn't feel right. I'm sure a lot of people don't have this, but for some reason I can't lose the feeling.

Haha, Fawful... I don't know... I kinda liked his one-liners like 'I have fury!' and 'mustard of your doom'. The diffculty in the first game was pretty low yeah, but I never really thought it of it as too easy. The second game hates me, though. :( Also, what's there not to like about the graphics? I thought they were pretty good, considering it's all spritework. If you think M&L has bad graphics, have you tried Pokémon?

Ah, at least you can get it cheaper now.

Yeah, I tried Earthbound like that. Having to set up all of that save files and such, just sucks out the feeling of picking it up and playing it.

That's nothing. Superman can crap out nuclear bombs.What do you think of your Fawful now? What do you think of your Fawful now?

Pokemon... today = worthless money vacuum

The days = japanese puberty but at least it had reasonably cool creatures

Todays graphics = 2 year old crayon drawing

The days graphics = Da Vinci wouldn't have made better.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You don't have a point for me to see. Boss battles feel okay, but I just wanna have a boss battle that has the scarring that... Giygas... did. Besides, neither Mother Brain's nor Giygas' games nor themselves were rated M/AO. Vore is the act of eating a biotic creature whole/shrunken. There is just NO way I can look at that without feeling the slightest bit queasy. If you have to use all caps, bold, and language as if you are lashing out, you are wasting your time with getting your point to my nonconformist ways.

Dude I know what vore is and the vore in the m&ls aren't that bad. The little you'd see of it in a biology text book is worse than that. It just isn't anything to complain about. Granted in tp graphics that would be understandable but with the m&l it's almost like it's not even vore.

Okay, so ignoring the attacking others posts, this series is amazing.

The first one. It's one of my favorite games ever. Just the whole system of going through and doing what you do, it's a nice break from every other mario game, and kind of what I hope the zelda series might take a turn to, of course in 3D. The plot is damn good too, Cackletta you actually thought was a really bad person, and Fawful was just freaking hilarious, and I'm glad they brought him back in every other game. The extras are good too, like the Bros. Moves or the green shells or red shells and so on. I love it.

Partners in Time wasn't as good, it was okay. It didn't really have anything that sparked my interest to play it more, even though eventually I did play through the whole thing.

Bowser's Inside Story is far better than Superstar Saga could hope to be. It really is. I'm about halfway through the game, and not to produce any spoilers, but I probably will, Mario and Luigi, Peach and every other character and thing in the castle are sucked inside Bowser's stomach, and stay there until halfway through at least. There's at least 20 sections in his body, like the arm, flab zone, stomach etc. You can play as Bowser, which I hope they bring back in every other game, all you do is punch things and use flamethrower to burn things. Then, the Giant battles, where Bowser becomes Giga Bowser and fights his own Castle and enemies, and other huge things.

It's amazing. :)

I personally like the Mario and Luigi games better then the Paper Mario games.

I find that the Mario and Luigi games have more depth, and more humor, and story then the Paper Mario games have.
Plus they have that RPG feel to them that the Paper Mario games seem to lack.

I personally like the Mario and Luigi games better then the Paper Mario games.

I find that the Mario and Luigi games have more depth, and more humor, and story then the Paper Mario games have.
Plus they have that RPG feel to them that the Paper Mario games seem to lack.

Well at least your being respectful about it.

The only thing I have to say against what you say, is that Paper Mario cannot make good humor so they avoid it and the paper mario series probably doesn't feel like an RPG to you because it doesn't have an overhead view.

Okay let me further elaborate as to why there couldn't be something like mother brain in a mario game. As we all know Mario has been mature since SM64 no argument from me there. But there is something that is much more mature than Mario that couldn't pull it off. Tom and Jerry. Yeah the golden oldy caroon Tom and Jerry. For those of you who haven't seen or heard of it Tom and Jerry is an old cartoon that features a cat and mouse which fight alot (much more violent than anything mario has and likely will ever do). It invloves things like Jerry (mouse) dropping clothes irons on Tom (cat) and Tom whacking Jerry with a rolling pin (in one episode at the end tom was actually beheaded but you don't see it). Once in one episode Jerry and his nephew (i forget his name so I'll refer to him as 'grey mouse') had to rescue someone from tom. Tom swallows the key to the cell and obviously someone needs to retrieve it so Jerry suspended Grey Mouse inside Tom while he was napping and the line broke or something (it's been a whie since i watched tom and jerry) and grey mouse was trapped in there. Tom wakes up and is thirsty. He drinks wine (as in the achoholic beverage) and gets drunk and grey mouse gets drunk as well. And yet Tom annd Jerry could'nt pull something like mother brain off so why would the less mature mario be able to?

So wait a minute. Your comparing a 20 year old video game series to a 50 year old television """comedy""" series? Let's get something straight here. You said on the SSBB forum that you wanted to see Naruto on SSB. SSB has Mario. Naruto is pretty much a gore-fest with a story to it. Surely something as mature as Naruto couldn't exist with Mario in SSB could they? Besides, Metroid and Earthbound have stories. They only have one or two instances of anything inappropriate (Earthbound has childish potty humor and Metroid has the Other M trailer). You simply contradicted yourself.
Naruto is bloody and gory and Mario is not. You want Naruto in a game with Mario in it and say Mother Brain and Giygas are too mature for Naruto. Metroid and Earthbound are made by the same people who made Mario. See me after class young man.

(Tom and Jerry didn't use anything like Mother Brain, Ridley, or Kraid simply because they didn't need it. Let's see; a grey cat chasing a brown mouse getting into unfunny events. They don't have chicks running around on fictional planets shooting lasers and missiles at obese alligators that shoot stuff from their belly button, purple slender fire breathing dragons, or giant brains in tanks that are protected by lasers and transform into hyper beasts after being fully penetrated that set off time bombs when killed do they?)

I can sympathize with you. I've never been a fan of the Mario = RPG aspect of things. I've always though Mario to be a platformer guy, and the platform titles are the ones I love the most. Paper Mario never really got me excited, and the GBA Mario RPG was way less than stellar. However, moving on to Bowser's Inside Story. This is a great game, simple put. If you've been a Mario fan for a while, I find it weird how one couldn't like this. It isn't perfect, of superduperawesome like Galaxy was for me, but really, this is one of the best games for the DS. Coming from someone would prefers very long and emotional RPGs (Think the 3D Final Fantasy titles), I can say I've enjoyed BIS so far.

I can sympathize with you. I've never been a fan of the Mario = RPG aspect of things. I've always though Mario to be a platformer guy, and the platform titles are the ones I love the most. Paper Mario never really got me excited, and the GBA Mario RPG was way less than stellar. However, moving on to Bowser's Inside Story. This is a great game, simple put. If you've been a Mario fan for a while, I find it weird how one couldn't like this. It isn't perfect, of superduperawesome like Galaxy was for me, but really, this is one of the best games for the DS. Coming from someone would prefers very long and emotional RPGs (Think the 3D Final Fantasy titles), I can say I've enjoyed BIS so far.

The thing I don't like about the Mario RPG series is the childish outlook. Normally, I'd look over it. The artwork is actually kind of intense looking in SS (probably because of the line smudging), but the graphics in every game never cease to disappoint me. And that's saying alot since I follow the graphics don't matter that much rule. It sure does matter when combined with the cheesy humor and whatnot.

But I repeat. BIS has a very, very mixed reaction from me. The vore completely disinterests me due to a certain phase of my life that I will not mention. The vore is also a disappointment and trick because it says "Bowser's Inside Story". That title lead me to believe you would play as Bowser for the whole game. I was very little in the correct zone. You can play as Bowser, but you're mostly going to be Mario and Luigi inside of Bowser. Ugh. They even tricked me by saying "Bowsers Inside Story". As in literally inside. Blurgh. I find it grosser than Master Barf and his army of piles of puke from Earthbound. I find it that gross. It does sort of borrow the mechanics of Light World and Dark World in aLttP and MP2E but not a whole lot of it. Quite honestly, if vore is involved, I sure am not. Not positively anyway.

Linkette

Heroine of Time
I don't really play Mario games nowadays but I waited for Mario&Luigi3 all 2009. I find Mario games boring just now but M&L3 got me away from Zelda for two weeks! It has very good humour understandible for Mario fans, it's an RPG and it has a couple of decent puzzles. It's the only Mario game which I don't find boring now.

I don't really play Mario games nowadays but I waited for Mario&Luigi3 all 2009. I find Mario games boring just now but M&L3 got me away from Zelda for two weeks! It has very good humour understandible for Mario fans, it's an RPG and it has a couple of decent puzzles. It's the only Mario game which I don't find boring now.

That's true. I have been a Mario fan all my life (I didn't start playing Zelda until this year, 2009) but frankly, there haven't been a lot of games that interest me. Now the Mario games are becoming multiplayer games. That's why I tried Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess being the first, to avoid boredom which turned out to be one of my smartest moves. But now, with the release of Bowser's Inside Story, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy 2, I can now enjoy one of the best series ever made again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom