• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Marilyn Monroe

Conor

the over analysing guy
So recently what seems to be a series of coincidences the legendary Marilyn Monroe has been thrust in my face again and again recently (not literally of course) so I decided to watch a documentary on her. She had a tragic childhood and life and was really an iconic figure in history and the development of pop culture so I'd just like to leave this little post here. If you're not educated about the woman I'd suggest you look her life up as it's very interesting, and tells she's not just some ditzy blonde, and has stayed as such a large part of our history.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Marilyn Monroe was an amazing human being. Her unique beauty and demeanor made her a one of a kind personality that had never been seen before and may not be seen for a long time.

Her suicide was a tragedy that should never have happened. This is one of my favorite articles, and it concerns Marilyn Monroe: "Through Your Most Grevious Fault"

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Marilyn certainly was a once in a blue moon person. Her tragic life, combined with the influence she had on many women and on popular culture as a whole still remains to this day. Her dream to be successful came true, but it was marred with her depression and addiction to anti-depressants, proving that money and fame do not make happiness.

I really do feel sorry for her. I mean, it was her dream from childhood, and she worked hard for it, but due to terrible circumstances her dream was ruined to some extent. She couldn't even enjoy it after all of her hard work. :/

Also, the circumstances surrounding her death are quite mysterious and have inspired a lot of conspiracy theories, some of which are quite believable. Her dream was always to be the first lady of the USA, and her supposed affair with the president, followed by her final call to him before her death makes it all the more suspicious.

Anywho, i'll always remember her as the wonderful woman with a dream who worked hard to get her dream and managed to influence the world at the same time.

By the way, if you haven't already, read the play- "Blood Brothers". There are a lot of references to her in there, and a lot of life similarities/cross referencing during the book's plot and the circumstances of her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom