• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Marble Hornets/The Slender Man

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
So, has anyone here ever seen Marble Hornets? It's a web series that features the Slender Man, a mysterious, malevolent, faceless figure with disproportionately long limbs dressed in a business suit. It's best described as "minimalist horror." Half the time you'll be asking yourself "what's going on?" Half the time, those questions won't be answered. And it's terrifying.

Anyway, Marble Hornets is named after the student film that one of the characters attempted to make before the Slender Man got involved. One of his friends takes the tapes off of his hands and starts reviewing them after he leaves. From that point on, horror ensues.

It's a really great watch if you like being scared, and there are a few other web series and blogs that deal with the Slender man. A bit of information is needed on him, so these three blogs and this TV Tropes article should give you some background you need. I personally have developed what can only be called an obsession, because I believe that the Slender Man is, essentially, the internet's first legitimate myth. It's like a new Boogieman or Baba Yaga being created before our eyes.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Yeah, I love Marble Hornets. Just when I started watching them, he made new videos. It definitely is very mysterious, and very scary (Even if it is fake). They really would surprise me. Like, the second time the guy goes to the house, when that other guy, Totheark, was staring at the camera, sitting on the couch, I just about crapped my pants. I don't want to say much else, (Story spoilers) but I do recommend the series if you want to waste time, or just want to be scared.

Abbs

I never got much into Marble Hornets. I just found those videos silly and half the time I didn't even realize there was good ole' Slendy in the background unless he was dead set in front of me. (Yes, episode one and fourteen are the ones incase anyone wants to bother to see what I'm talking about)

But Slenderman? He creeps me out. I've been digging up pretty much everything about him since I discovered him in the depths of 4chan, and I've been having quite a few sleepless nights eversince...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom