• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Maps and Timelines

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
Part 2. with a little bit of crazy

PART 1

there have been many instances where people compare the overworld maps from the zelda series in order to find some sort of continuity between them. so far i have not seen any new new ones since the release of skyward sword so here's mine
*do not pay attention to the circles, those are for later

OoTHyrule - Copy.jpg
SSSkyward-Sword-World-Map (2) - Copy.jpg

now notice the the vertices of the lines

Death Mountain = Fire Santuary.
NOT the physical Eldin Volcano. The Sactuary is higher up anyway.
Yellow circle, more mapsHyrule.jpgSkyward-Sword-World-Map.jpg
when compared the maps support this.

Great Deku Tree = Great tree.
Really not much of a leap, kinda obvious actually. really big big tree in the middle of the forest, just have a goddess or a spirit dragon bless it with sentience.
(black circle comes muuuuch later, its a secret to everybody)

Lake Hylia = Sealed Grounds/Temple of Hylia.
this one's a bit of a stretch, granted the the name is the same but as far as the structure its not so easy. in theory, given enough time the staue itself could crumble due to age alone as well as the fact that it fell from thousands of feet in the air :/ also Sky keep is not made of dirt, so getting rid of it would be impossible, except again, falling from from a great height and hundreds of years of being eroded away.

Spirit Temple = Old Temple of Time - also - Gerudo Fortress = Lanayru Mining Facility.
as seen is skyward sword the Temple of Time is in ruins, barely a foundation. it would be difficult to clear away the area and start new. the The mining facility to fortress the same could happen, besides there is more than enough solids stones to build a structure there

Green Circle
Hyrule - Copy (2).jpg
Skyward-Sword-World-Map (3).jpg
locations are locations alright, but look at he red line. that is the path you take to get through the area.

Blue Circle. Simply that is th location of the Great/Sand sea, it is obscured by clouds in OoT

NOW FOR SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY

while gathering pics for this thread i had an idea pop into my head, one that is blasphemous to the timeline and i will probably burn for it, but the more i looked the more it seemed to make sense. this next bit F@&#'s with the timeline as well as other ideas about acertain game in the series. i will present a modified skyward sword line map and the other game map.

SSSkyward-Sword-World-Map (2).jpg

AND

MMtumblr_lfua6ebv5g1qgb1o5o1_500 (2) - Copy.jpg

so again four major locations and that pesky black circle.

so what i'm saying is that there is a chance that termina is a pre-hyrule, not an alternate universe. its in the past before the goddess, before demise, and before the legend began. time travel is likely possibility, it happens in many of the games.

In skyward sword we are told that the desert used to be a paradise, green and alive, and connected to a great sea. MM has that sea. the great bay temple is a factory, and it shares sinilar locations with the shipyard.

we also become aware that the people of past before skyward sword had incredible technology far beyond what the skyloftians had. in MM the tech is impressive; the great bay temple, more powerful armos, the walking beamos Eygore, the scientist outside of clocktown, they even have rock concerts.

besides that, there are many references to the triforce, and symbols that serve as an F-U to the goddesses. how would they be aware of such things if they were part of a seperate universe that has no connection to hyrule.

also, Majora would definitly appear to be a demon of some kind. And when you fight him, its not in a dungeon or anyplace real, you are transported into the moon to a place created by majora's magic. that is a lot like what demise does, sans moon.

and now the black circle.

this goes with the MM first idea, and it takes a little bit of thinking along the lines global warning. In MM it's a desert, and above is the icy peaks. icy until Goht is killed and spring comes. the snow and ice would melt watering the desert area, slowly destroying any structures, and allowing for plants to start growing until you get a forest. then then mountain where goht was erupts and heat, further melting ice across the region, eventually flooding the forest and becoming what would be now zora's domain.

a little far-fetched i know, but it could work. and if i wasn't typing this at 4am, i'm sure it could make more sense.

....................../ adult
MM--SS--OoT--
......................\ child

Attachments

• Hyrule - Copy (2).jpg
    Hyrule - Copy (2).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
D

dangeljd91

I like it, but i wouldn't count out the split timeline. Hear me out on this. The lost woods is considered a magical place, with that in mind what is stopping it from being capable of warping him into the past? In MM, after being ambushed, Link follows the skull kid down a pit and through a twisting hallway. What if this is some hidden time warp that warped him into the past? The split timeline theory has been confirmed, so if you just leave the split and fill in your theory in the CT then i would say your golden.

D

Delicious Robot

Ok first post on this site.

I would like to say your theory is plausible to an extent. The Ancient Robots were possibly built by the Shiekah because of all the eye symbols all over the Time Shift stones there are no stones or any confirmed Shiekah in this game and there are Zora in this game but not Skyward Sword then in Ocarina of Time it is unlikely they would leave Hyrule entirely when Lake Floria was nearby inhabited by a possibly related aquatic race (Parella).

The maps make sense though but in a different context. It is more likely that it is simply what Nintendo said it was, an alternate universe that went along a different route without the Goddesses. This would also explain why they theoretically hate the Goddesses and worship the Four Giants because they were abandoned by them.

Sorry if I made any mistakes in logic or facts, this is my first time actually trying to go into Zelda Timeline Theory and such

A

Ant1pr0t0n

Comparing those maps, I had a chuckle at the thought of Link having three days before Skyloft falls on Termina. ;) But actually, I agree with Delicious Robot: if they are parallel universes essentially, the layout of the land would be more or less the same without time travel. In fact, it probably works better: two major differences between Skyward Sword's map and Termina are the fact that the burning volcano is a frozen one, and the Stone Tower area is distinctly un-forestlike. The latter can possibly be explained by whatever the people who once lived there did to seemingly reject the Triforce (you've gotta be doing something freaky to insult the goddesses that much), and the former is explained by the fact that the temple's boss is making the lad cold.

So yeah, that's a pretty cool parallel between universes. Good eye, zeldusfanaticus!

S

sf8

Woah. I noticed the connection between OoT's map and SS's map, but I never thought of Termina being a pre-hyrule. The most convincing bit of evidence you gave was that Lanayru desert use to be a green paradise and connected to the sea. It's hard to believe that this was thought up at 4 AM, good job :)

W

Wolfs

well, that is very nice, I believe that in fact and it makes complete sense in my opinion, I do not own a SS yet. but what happens if you put in all the gossip stones from the different games, perhaps there is more conections, for as far as I know there was a gossip stone in the forest area, just about to a similar place in OOT as where Mases did show us the first gossip stone today in the video walkthrough. but that could just be me, I do not own a map with all the gossip stones from all the games.

taking that the gossip stones are made since the beginning of time it could be that they're always on the same spot and that they added gossip stones during the ages of the game.

adding that perhaps the 2D games(where there are no gossip stones) between SS and OoT and MM it could be that the gossip stones are still hidden under the ground and therefore they are not existant in those games.

I'd like if someone would actually be able to add the gossip stones on a map to prove/deny that idea.

greetings

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm sorry, but this is beyond inaccurate. One, geography means nothing in Zelda. Maps are designed to look a bit different each time in order to be fresh, so similar designs don't play into timeline connections. Two, Termina is confirmed to be an parallel world to Hyrule, as well as MM coming after OoT. MM takes place after Link went back to relive his childhood. The split is confirmed, as well. Aonuma said WW and TP "run parallel to each other," meaning they are on separate timelines and that the two times cannot meet each other. I can't be any nicer than saying this theory is debunked. It's just not possible.

juiciej seems to like to say things aren't possible because they just aren't possible. and who really cares what the creators say? what if the creators made a timeline that doesn't make sense and contradicts in game things....oh wait that happened. if you base theories on in game evidence, which is all that zelda theories should be based on, it's totally possible, unless you come up with in game evidence against it. if there's no in game evidence against it, you can do whatever you want with your theories and game placement in the timeline. and that's really the point, to figure out the story how you want to tell it, which is why they hadn't released a timeline for so long.

It really depends on the game and Era. Many theories are how the world changed due to the ocean and the landscape. Hence how the earlier world of SS is different than OOT

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
well now i have come up with an alternate theory (since this one is so totally wrong), and frankly its more of an observation than theory.

we know that MM occurs in a parallel universe. thing is, a parallel universe is just an alternate series of events, an alternate timeline
D: oh noes, a FOURTH timeline. unofficial but it is implied.
now look at the save system of Skyward sword, the bird statues, you save as you go and you can "warp" to any of the status you had already visited. that is a blatant reference to MM, no other zelda games have used that system.
something happened before SS to cause this additional split, an alternative history where zelda and link were never born because ythey were not needed to save the world.

im going to take a guess that Nintendo left a clue to where the next game is going, by including something as unique as the bird statues and by looking back at the similarities of the maps, i think(kinda hope) that we'll be seeing how termina came to be. maybe we'll finally get a better explanation of the masks, and the happy mask salesman (whom i seriously think is some kind of demi-god, turning souls into masks requires some heavywieght mojo)

and then perhaps even(much) later, seeing as how link can cross into anther timeline, nintendo will devise a way to bring the timelines together, or have a game that has you jump between timelines in order to bring the series to a close

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom