• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Map Stamps

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
What stamps do you use to map certain places/things/enemies/whatever in the game?

I use the star to map everything

I use swords for Lynel, Gems for talus, skulls for Hinox, leaves for resource spots (like a bunch of swift lotus seeds) and stars for interesting points (such as glitches or places I want to check out later).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I changed things up recently with how I mark things. I made all the taluses gems, I made all the hinoxes skulls, the moldugas are still treasure chests, I marked my favorite cooking pots, and I used the sword, bow, and shield to mark where I can get a respawning soldier's broadsword, traveler's bow, and traveler's shield for when I wanna have the official art aesthetic when I'm walking around.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I use
bow&arrow for Lynels
Star for interesting places
Crystals for shrines
Skulls for dangerous places (Mostly mini bosses)
and I use the beacons for when something particularly interests me that I want to see right away

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I only ever used stamps a few times. Twice I used the chest to mark down where dialogue alluded I could find memories (cause the memories are locked). And a leaf to mark down where to find Ganon's horse based on dialogue (cause horses are a part of nature, I'm very clever).

Ninja

Well well well
Misread this as “tramp stamp”, was disappointed. :)

Not really a huge user of stamps. I used them when I’m hunting Korok seeds in the area, and when I need to use the Eventide arrow glitch to mark the exact spot of the chest.

KTep

Picori_Kev1n
I use skull stamps to map hinox, lynels, guardians, & stone talus locations. I also map sword stamp for rare items & enemies that have bomb, ice or electric arrows.

I get lost easily while exploring. So to keep myself from getting lost, I use the colored stamp to mark places I want to visit or a shrine that I found. Then I just follow that color icon on the map circle thing.

Here is my current map.

lBmVXor.jpg

plPGYVa.jpg

This is how I use the stamps.

Sword = Lynel location
Skull = Other world boss location
Chest = farmable weapon, wood or ore location (once every blood moon cycle)
Leaf = Korok seed I can't yet obtain
Gemstone = Shrine I can't yet complete
Star = Great Fairy Location
Bow and Arrow = Horseback Archery sub-quest giver.
Pins = Shrines I have seen but have not yet visited. I've found 110 of them so far.

I turned the HUD off once i left the Great Plateau so i had no need of map stamps.

Even looking at the map proper i didnt feel like they were necessary to use. Ive seen people use rhe chest stamps for the purple eyed chests that unlock when you take out the enemies... but those chests are worthless so again there wasnt a need for me to use them.

I used them in SS because it made me that one time but not in BotW and not using them didnt hinder me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom