• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Male Gerudos

Hi,

I don't know if anyone ever thought about this but in OoT it is clearly stated that every hundred years a male Gerudo is born. It is also clear that 100years lie between most Games(some aside like OoT and MM). So in those games we should have new male Gerudos. But no one is ever mentioned. Where do they go? Does Ganon murder them to have no opponents? And perhaps he got tired of doing that and murdered the whole tribe not to do it again and again what would explain the absence of the Gerudo in TP.

Does anyone ever have thought about this? What are your thoughts?

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
This is an interesting prospect. It could be that Ganondorf some how prevents new heirs from taking his place. Though by OoT, in the seven years he rules Hyrule, it seems like his ties to the Gerudo are by extension of Nabooru and Twinrova. Ganondorf becomes not just the ruler of the Gerudo anymore... so maybe the succession rules change?

I know at the end of OoT on the AT, the Gerudo are celebrating with the rest of Hyrule at the Lon Lon Ranch. So perhaps the Gerudo defect Ganondorf as their ruler, leaving a male to take his place as their ruler.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Ganondorf is banished in OoT so there are possibly no males left. If there are no males left... you get the rest

This system isn't very secure. If all the males die, the whole race dies.

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
Ganondorf is banished in OoT so there are possibly no males left. If there are no males left... you get the rest

What?

Hyrule Castle Town - Gossip Stone outside Temple of Time

"They say that Gerudos sometimes come to Hyrule Castle Town to look for boyfriends."

Unless the Gerudo are committing incest to bore a male, there can be alternative ways.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
I guess the Gerudo Tribe died out as the world changed... So they just became regular people...

T

tanonkatt

It's not the same Link so maybe it's not the same Ganondorf either. I'm not so competent of the history thought, but I can't remember I've heard that it's the same Ganondorf:D

Din Akera

Sniper
I've never been really good at the timeline stuff, but, I am a biologist so here goes....

Gerudo's would not necessarily die out genetically IF thier race was dominate (genetically) to that of other races. They could reproduce with hylian males to make more gerudo females if the gerudo genes were dominate over the hylain ones. I have always thougth that this would be how the race was sustained between the births of the gerudo male. Of course he would have children as well and this would be what was largely responsible for keeping the gene pool a strong dominate one, but the amount of time that a single male would produce viable cells in 100 years is much less than this time alottment. So other males would have to be called in to help, hylians from castle market. This is how I believed the race survived for all the years BEFORE ganondorf in OoT.

Now, after ganon is banished, they are left without a gerudo male, but would be able to still produce. Though, because the woman's children with the hylians would be hybrids but appear gerudo due to dominate genes if those children then had children with more hylians, not a male gerudo, that set of children would be 75% gerudo, and 25% hylian. THis would continue down the line with the absence of the male gerudo. Thus causing the race to slowly disappear. leaving you with their absence in TP. :)

I hope that my nerdy biology can help the situation a little bit. :D

X

xXJuggernautXx

Plus, you have to add a human factor into the equation, as well. Who's to say that a band of Gerudo don't defect from the tribe every so often to look for a normal life among the Hylians? Hell, maybe the whole tribe abandoned its ways to seek out more stable lives in and around Hyrule. Just speculation, of course.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Or maybe, the races of Hyrule decided to disband the Gerudo. Seeing as they were lead by the powerfully, evil man Hyrule has ever seen.

G

GamerMomma

Hmm, this is good stuff! I'm currently writing some fanfic and am on the topic myself...

Here's a theory, the gerudos have a very long life expectancy and reproduce by themselves (only one child per woman). Would you call that G sexual LOLLOLLOL. Okay I know its out there but that is what came to mind when I last talked to Nabooru. And that could explain why there wasnt a lot of Gerudos, and Ganondorf couldnt use them for an army (he didnt did he?).

IDK, it could be that after ganondorf the Goddess's cursed the Gerudo male line and the rest is history. Or perhaps Ganondorf did it himself with the triforce peice when he had it. Maybe the Goddess's had already cursed the Gerudo male line and thats how they only got one male every hundred years?

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Well, even in OoT they said the Gerudos went to Hyrule Castle often just to find a boyfriend, and if they did and then got pregant they would still only have daughters. But I think that they aren't in TP because the dessert seemed farther away(You launch yourself there) therefore causing their extinction.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
According to Nabooru, a male is born every 100 years:

NABOORU - OCARINA OF TIME
"...A kid like you may not know this, but the Gerudo race consists onlyof women. Only one man is born every hundred years..."
(source)

That would mean that only females are born in between centuries. How does the race procreate?

GOSSIP STONE - OCARINA OF TIME
"They say that Gerudos sometimes come to Hyrule Castle Town to look for boyfriends."
(source)

So there's your answer.

Of course, over time the pure race would disappear, seeing as they'd mix with Hylians who may mix with others outside of Hyrule.

TP is in the CT where Ganon isn't sealed away!

Adding some more words because the post was too short...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom