• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Make Your Arrow

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
ARROW OF TIME. Could possibly work like a small Timeshift Stone for a short period of time, or possibly just for fun. Turn monsters into some king of horriffic zombie/ReDead thing. Play late at night Scare your friends:
You: Oh, hey. I can beat this thing no problem.
Your little sibling: Are you sure?
You: *Shoots arrow*
Monster: BLAAAHHGGG!
Your little sibling: *Runs away crying*
Oh, the possibilities... Maybe.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
ARROW OF TIME. Could possibly work like a small Timeshift Stone for a short period of time, or possibly just for fun. Turn monsters into some king of horriffic zombie/ReDead thing. Play late at night Scare your friends:
I would SO do that lol.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
CRAP IN A HAT!

I meant to quote Dragoncat's suction-cup arrows post and the board borked up on me or I forgot to hit "reply with quote!"

A Zelda game with gag-weapons!

This reminds me of Soul Calibur II where the characters are given various goofy gag-weapons you can unlock and purchase. The girl with arm-blades gets arm-weights, the guy with the huge sword gets a boat oar in honor of a legend about a historical swordsman, what else did everyone get? I know guest-fighter Link gets his bug-catching net (from A Link to the Past), I'm pretty sure someone (the guy with the bo-staff?) got something that went "Boing!"

Imagine Link's face when in one of his native games he opens up a chest and gets... suction cup arrows. It must be like the face he gets when he found Oocca or when he finds a rupoor...

How's about a Love Arrow? Like Cupid's Arrow, it'd be used to make two enemies or NPCs fall in love with each other for a short period of time. This idea is more of a gag, however, but I am sure that a smart player could find some practical usage for it in a real battle scenario.

Another idea that I have been thinking about for a long while is the Enhanced Magic Arrow. This arrow uses the conventional magic arrow setup of fire, ice, and light but gives it the explosive capabilities of the Bomb Arrow. For example, if Link were to shoot an Enhanced Light Arrow, the explosive power could damage, or perhaps decimate, an entire group of enemies in one shot.

Another great function of the hypothetical Enhanced Magic Arrow is its ability to copy certain magic spells from past games such as Ether, Bombos, and Quake. E.g., shoot an Enhanced Ice Arrow into the sky to cause large, devastating pillars of ice to fall on your foes. Shoot an Enhanced Fire Arrow either toward the ground or the sky to cause massive explosion around a large radius, instantly destroying several enemies all at once. And last but not least, the superpowered Enhanced Light Arrow, when shot into the sky, could cause a huge bolt of lightning followed by a huge flash, that destroys all surrounding enemies.

Using the Enhanced Magic Spells, as well as the arrows themselves, will have major drawbacks so as to avoid spamming, but when used sparingly and against the right enemies, these arrows can be quite a blast. ;j Get it? Blast? Heh heh... I fail...

Also, Gust Arrows... <.<

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
xD Gag weapons...I havent played enough of Soul Caliber 2 to see them. Only played it once, it was a friend's game. Do they actually do anything? I can see them being less powerful than the serious weapons.

If he opened a chest and got suction cup arrows, his reaction would vary depending on when in his life it happened. Using SS Link here...if it was during his adventures on the surface, or after, but before his kids are born: "WTF who put little kid toys in a treasure chest?" After his kids are born and grown enough: "WTF who put these in here? Ah well. Perfect opportunity to teach Fletcher and Kestrel archery." And then the rascals would think it would be funny to shoot him. And Zelda would be pissed.

Zip-line arrow. You have to shoot it, then pull out your handle bar and ride the cable you just shot. A more tedious version and useless alternative of the hookshot.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
xD Gag weapons...I havent played enough of Soul Caliber 2 to see them. Only played it once, it was a friend's game. Do they actually do anything? I can see them being less powerful than the serious weapons.

If he opened a chest and got suction cup arrows, his reaction would vary depending on when in his life it happened. Using SS Link here...if it was during his adventures on the surface, or after, but before his kids are born: "WTF who put little kid toys in a treasure chest?" After his kids are born and grown enough: "WTF who put these in here? Ah well. Perfect opportunity to teach Fletcher and Kestrel archery." And then the rascals would think it would be funny to shoot him. And Zelda would be pissed.

The gag replacements for the swords in SCII are less powerful, but you *can* fight with them. They run on the same engine as the weapons, but, as I recall, don't count on them in a real fight. They're more so you can have fun with in demonstrations. They're just goofy.

HBC

HyrulianBlackcat

I was wondering if someone would do Time Arrows. :P

I have a different version of them though. :) When you shoot them at an enemy, it becomes temporarily frozen in time, so you dodge around it. However, you wouldn't be able to attack it, because technically, it's in a different time era than you. :P You could shoot a guard if you needed to sneak around some place so that he wouldn't be able to spot you, or at a switch so you would have more time to get through the door or whatever. As for a boss use, maybe against a boss whose really fast, so you have to get lucky and hit him with the arrow, then plant a bomb in front of him so that when he returns to the present time, BOOOOM!!! lol Yeah, I see more as a puzzle-solving arrow than an enemy-fighting arrow.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I was wondering if someone would do Time Arrows. :P

I have a different version of them though. :) When you shoot them at an enemy, it becomes temporarily frozen in time, so you dodge around it. However, you wouldn't be able to attack it, because technically, it's in a different time era than you. :P You could shoot a guard if you needed to sneak around some place so that he wouldn't be able to spot you, or at a switch so you would have more time to get through the door or whatever. As for a boss use, maybe against a boss whose really fast, so you have to get lucky and hit him with the arrow, then plant a bomb in front of him so that when he returns to the present time, BOOOOM!!! lol Yeah, I see more as a puzzle-solving arrow than an enemy-fighting arrow.

I was reading through the thread, waiting for them.
"Huh. It might actually be an original idea! ahahhahaahahhahaa."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom