• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Make a Smash Taunt

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
For those of you who don't know what a Smash Taunt is, it's when, in the Smash Bros. series, a specific character on a specific stage clicks the down taunt button for the length of one frame. Doing so will cause the character to do something (Pit prays, Snake puts his finger to his ear, and Fox, Falco, and Wolf get down and jab their arm up and down rapidly) for about five seconds. Then, a conversation starts with the character and a few others from the character's series. Currently, only three series can do this.

1. The Star Fox crew, on select stages, where the SF crew usually gives basic instructions on the games, or just a funny conversation.
2. Snake, in Shadow Moses Island, where Mei Ling, Otacon, and Colonel Cambell talk about the origins of the opposing character, along with a couple tips.
3. Pit on Palutena’s Temple, where Palutena and Viridi talk about how to beat the character… usually.

Depending on the character, the conversation usually changes. However, this feels very… limiting. For example, Snake’s Codec only works with character’s who were present in Brawl, since the voice lines were ripped straight from the game. And, for whatever reason, Palutena’s Guidance only applies to base characters (and Piranha Plant). No DLC. That’s what this thread fixes. Make up a new Smash Taunt conversation, or make up a new series altogether! I thought that it would be neat if Doc Louis helped Little Mac out in Boxing Ring, so I came up with this.

Little Mac: All right Doc, who’s this challenger?
Doc: Hah! If you don’t know son, you may have been hit a little too hard in that last fight! That’s Mario.
Little Mac: Oh yeah, him. Does he have any weaknesses?
Doc Louis: Well, he’s pretty fast, and he has some decent moves. He’s your standard fighter, nothing too special. Just watch out for his Cape. If he touches you with that thing, you’ll get all turned around, and it leaves you wide open for some real pain.
Little Mac: Got it.
Doc Louis: All right, go get ‘em, Mac!

What have you got? (Limit yourself to existing series for Smash Taunts, but do whoever you want for the fighter being discussed!)

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Waluigi: silence

Link: looks at camera, gesturing wildly with both his hands and mouth

The audience realizes that Link is expressing his frustration with Nintendo never allowing him to speak. Much sympathy is felt.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Megaman: Doctor Light! There's a pink balloon thing waddling around eating people alive!
Dr. Light: That's Kirby. He can copy the abilities of those who he devours.
Megaman: Copying abilities? Like the Variable Weapons System?
Dr. Light: Sort of, except you don't have a copy system in Smash, because your moveset is a poor representation of your games.
Megaman: ...oh, yeah... Wait, how am I talking to you, if I can't talk in Smash?
Dr. Light: You aren't. This is only a simulation.
Megaman: A... what?
Dr. Light: La li lu le lo. La li lu le lo. La li lu le lo.
Megaman: Doctor? What's happening?
X: Now imagine this, but for thirty years. Yeah.
Megaman: ...WHO ARE YOU!?

Waffle Dee

A Waddle Dee who works at Kirby’s Café
Mega Man does the taunt*
Mega Man: Who is he, doctor?
Roll: You meant “she”?
Mega Man: “She”? Ok, who is she, Doctor?
Dr. Light: Her name is Samus. She’s an intergalactic bounty hunter. Her attacks are strong, you better be careful. Make sure she can’t charge up her blaster!
Mega Man: Thanks, doctor.

AwdryFan1997

Megaman: So... this Kirby guy is an alien, right?
Dr. Light: Yes.
Megaman: You think he has any relation to the Stardroids?
Dr. Light: No, I don't think so.
Megaman: What about Duo? What if the Evil Energy originates from Popstar?
Dr. Light: No...
Megaman: How about Ra Moon?
Dr. Light: Who?
Megaman: Yeah, I don't know either.

AwdryFan1997

Megaman: Um, guys, there's a penguin waddling around with a huge hammer.
Auto: Oh, I know that guy! That's King Dedede! The self-proclaimed king of Dreamland!
Roll: Didn't he steal all the food from the Dreamlanders, forcing Kirby to go after him?
Auto: And he's never been able to live up to that villainy since.
Roll: Rock, if you want to beat Dedede, you're going to have to... Rock? Are you there?
*Megaman has already been KO'd by Dedede, because they took so long.*
Dr. Light: I CAN FIX THIS

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Megaman: Um, guys, there's a penguin waddling around with a huge hammer.
Auto: Oh, I know that guy! That's King Dedede! The self-proclaimed king of Dreamland!
Roll: Didn't he steal all the food from the Dreamlanders, forcing Kirby to go after him?
Auto: And he's never been able to live up to that villainy since.
Roll: Rock, if you want to beat Dedede, you're going to have to... Rock? Are you there?
*Megaman has already been KO'd by Dedede, because they took so long.*
Dr. Light: I CAN FIX THIS
*in a battle with Mii Brawler*
Zero: WHY AM I FIGHTING THOOOOOOOOOOOOR?!?!
Dr.Light: Dasa good queshon

Actually I have one that honestly should’ve been in since brawl

Pokémon Trainer pulls out Pokédex:

BOWSER. THE TURTLE FIGHTER. BOWSERS FIRE BREATH CAN REACH TEMPERATURES AS HIGH AS 1 BAZILLION DEGREES. WHEN THREATENED, HE CAN IMMEDIATELY RETRACT INTO HIS SHELL AFTER RELEASING HIS SHIELD AND SPIN WITH DEADLY FORCE.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Pokedex entries:
Kirby: The baby Star Warrior.
Kirby can inhale enemies and copy their abilities through an unknown mechanism. When threatened, he can transform into a solid, heavy and indestructible object for a brief amount of time.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Little Mac: That ape looks familiar, Doc.
Doc Louis: That's Donkey Kong. You've fought him before, remember?
Little Mac: Oh, yeah, now I remember.
Doc Louis: He's pretty powerful son, but his attacks can leave him wide open. Use this to your advantage!

Pit: Hey, I know that guy! It's Waluigi!
Palutena: He finally got promoted from Assist Trophy to Fighter!
Viridi: Pah-lease. He's the worst.
Waluigi: You're not too hot yourself, lady.
Pit: Huh?
Viridi: Hey!
Palutena: Wha-
Pit: I thought mortals couldn't hear Palutena and Viridi!
Waluigi: When will you people learn that Waluigi is no mere mortal? (Waluigi then instantly wins and causes the game to crash from his amazingness.)

OK, now for a real one.

(Link)
Doc Louis: Watch yourself Mac! This swordsman is not someone to be handled lightly!
Little Mac: Why's that?
Doc Louis: His sword can pack a mean punch. He also uses lots of other weapons like arrows, boomerangs, and bombs.
Little Mac: I can't compete with that range!
Doc Louis: Maybe not. But his up close attacks are mostly slow, so if you can dodge the projectiles, you can give still get the KO.
Little Mac: Got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom