• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask VS OoT, Which One is Really Our Favorite?

What do you think?

• Majora's Mask should've gotten 1.4 more points and won

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Mask should've gotten 1.3 more points and tied.

• Nice job Drahsid!

• OoT Deserved to win!

• OoT is a cheater.

• Total voters

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
Okay, so I found an article that had survey results for the zelda games, and what fans thought of them.
Your can find it here.
So basically, I added everything (the results) up (included the note about people being biased about their first Zelda game.)
and the Results?
Majora's Mask: 417.09
Ocarina of Time: 418.39
YEP!
That close.
Through most of the math, Majora's mask was on top.
So how'd OoT win?
Well, I'll presume obvious lies;
In the Most repayable, and best ending, OoT won.
We all know that is false, don't even argue.
OoT isn't very fun to replay.
Not enough things to do.
Majora's Mask on the other hand, it has enough to do to be repayable.
Ocarina of time's ending wasn't the best, or the worst, though I would say it'd be lower on the list.
Majora's Mask \'s ending was much more emotional, and belonged more up-top.
BUT WE ALL CAN AGREE; Skyward sword takes the cake there.

So, according to math OoT won, by 1.3.
Though presuming people lied, Majora's mask would likely have won.
So,
I'll leave it up to you guys to respectfully debate on what you think.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Majora's Mask should win, It has a better storyline more sidequests and a wider world in terms of exploration, you didn't feel enclosed in any location in the game where as OOT you felt enclosed in some areas (such as gerudo valley, it's meant to be a valley not a crappy little fort and a river). In terms of difficulty OOT seemed to go to the extreme of both easy and hard (fire and water temple). With MM you felt the difficulty actually steepen instead of being thrown in at the deep end. The bosses are well thought out in both games though MM's you could see why they belonged where they did but with OOT one or two confused me. In terms of Sidequest both games had some but OOT major one was the Biggoron Sword, I didn't like a major side quest being about a bloody weapon, yeash i hated getting it but loved it when i had it. MM had dozens of sidequests but it's major one was about Anju and Kafei. Both sidequests are roughly 3 days long whereas all other sidequests are short and to the point. I actually felt like the minibosses of MM were more cool than the bosses one of the few times where the Mini outshines the Major. In OOT the minibosses weren't really any good were they.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well I've said this a million times, Majora's mask is popular amoung the fans, Ocarina of Time is the game that the general public knows about and likes. In the end OoT is just loved by more people and has more of a grip on the non fans. So OoT deserved to win, but as a fan I would have liked to seen both games tie.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well, I'll presume obvious lies;
In the Most repayable, and best ending, OoT won.
We all know that is false, don't even argue.
OoT isn't very fun to replay.

I replayed OOT ten times, it's absolute crap, each time was just agony for me.
Majoras Mask is the best game of all time. Anyone who says it isn't is a liar, anyone who claims to like OOT is a liar. Why does it seem so popular? It's the illuminati I tell you! They're behind everything.
I hear people were threatened to vote for OOT and to buy it when it released too...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
No one game deserves to win as it's all subjective. If Ocarina of Time won in a poll then it's well deserved in my opinion, I'd also say the same to Majora's Mask.

Thing is, both are outstanding games that will always be timeless for very different reasons. OoT is possibly the most revolutionary game of all time in terms of creating, what was at the time, a perfect 3D gaming world. It was the game that changed not just it's own series, but gaming as a whole. MM was more of a continuation, so it won't get those same pundits. I like to think of them as movies: you have Ocarina of Time the film that broke the records and garnered huge attention, then it's sequel comes and actually tops it yet it wouldn't exactly receive the same praise as the first as it was more so expected.

They're both amazing games in their own right, I prefer Majora's Mask, but I don't really think it's my place to decide which one is ultimately the better.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Like I said in some thread a loooong time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

...they are both best in their own way. Personally, I thought OoT was the better stand alone game. A perfect storyline, in all areas; writing, dialogue, characters, length, lore, etc. Plus some great revolutionary gameplay, 2D became 3D. Now MM was unique and this uniqueness is what made it as great to me as the first one. The game had the main thing going on with the moon, then it focused on this 3-day cycle and the lives that got affected by the doomsday event. There was a whole new layer of depth added as compared to the previous title, where the main focus was Link and his ordeal with the triforce, not the silly peasants and their drama (the sidequests which the internet is so fond of). Then we also got the mask gameplay, giving Link new attributes (physical ones being the most famous ones) which yet again adds another layer of depth to the gameplay. The story itself was also very unique compared to OoT, or the rest of the franchise for that matter.

I find this relation between OoT and MM to be a lot like the one between the original Star Wars and the Empire Strikes Back (its sequel). Many people prefer the sequels, although I myself always have been more fond of the originals. The sequel is built on the foundations of the original, so as a stand alone game MM (yet again, to me) would not have been as awesome of a first time experience, but of course it was since I had played OoT prior. MM to me is simply a continuation of an epic adventure we got to start in OoT, so OoT is the game I fell in love with while MM is sort of like the second date. The second date is different, got some new good stuff, but the first one is the one I'll always hold closest to my heart. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

D

Deleted member 14134

Why should any win, each to their own I say. One might like OoT more and another might like MM more but there's no way one can prove to the other that one is superior. That's art, and literature, and movies, and video games. It's not a sport that has a definite score, it has critics that rate it based on what they think of it. My favorite game of the series could be Zelda 2. I may think it's the best and many others will tell me I'm wrong but neither party will gain any ground on the other. I'm happier enjoying what I like rather than trying to convince others that it's better than what they like.

I enjoyed both and really I don't care which one is "better" I'll continue to enjoy both and not let my favorite of the two get in the way of enjoying the other.

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
I think I started a fight.
Hm.
I was just comparing numbers and giving my opinion about them.
I mean, just because I never though OoT was remotely worth my time, or fun, doesn't mean I think it was bad.
Yes, in my opinion MM is the better game, that's just because it's more in depth, and fun (for me) then OoT.
Whereas OoT always made me bored.
OoT made the action adventure Genre.
MM made it fun.
That's what I believe.
None should be superior, only your opinion about them should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom