• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Time Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeldaMom

When you run out of time and must return to the first day, do you lose everything you've done in the temple you've just completed? What if you do not complete ALL tasks related to that temple?

My specific problem: I've just cleared the first temple (Woodfall) but have only 4:35 minutes left to go through the Deku shrine with the Butler. This seems like an impossible feat due to the difficulty of the shrine's jump quest and maze. We've already lost quite a bit from starting over several times as we figured out how to save and such, I'm terrified we're going to lose everything we've done so far and will have to redo the entire temple just to get the stinking mask from the butler. Is it even worth it?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice, and Happy Holidays!

Yeah, generally everything in a dungeon resets, unless you got the dungeon item. You keep that.

But the thing is, when you beat a dungeon and come back later, you can instantly fight the boss, hence "clearing" the temple, even though the rest of the dungeon stays the same. This lets you automatically do any special sidequests that require you to beat a dungeon first.

So, if you reset, you'll just have to beat Odolwa again so you can go back to the Deku shrine. And in answer to your other question: no, the Mask of Scents is not terribly useful. It only has one purpose to my knowledge. Of course, like all the other masks, it is required to get the last mask at the end of the game, but that's totally optional as well.

Hope that helps! And enjoy the game, it's my favorite Zelda game! Oh, also, welcome to the forums! ^_^

Z

ZeldaMom

Thank you so much for the information, the quick reply and the warm Welcome! My son (who is 14) and I play all the Zelda games together and I just got this one for us as an early Christmas present and we've been so frustrated trying to figure these things out. Knowing you can go straight to the boss is incredibly helpful! He was getting frustrated and bored...terrible combination for Christmas vacation mom/son time together. This is going to help a lot.

On a side note, this is a great site and I'm so glad we found it. I have been playing Zelda games since the first one came out and wish I had had a resource like this! Thanks so much!

Thank you so much for the information, the quick reply and the warm Welcome! My son (who is 14) and I play all the Zelda games together and I just got this one for us as an early Christmas present and we've been so frustrated trying to figure these things out. Knowing you can go straight to the boss is incredibly helpful! He was getting frustrated and bored...terrible combination for Christmas vacation mom/son time together. This is going to help a lot.

On a side note, this is a great site and I'm so glad we found it. I have been playing Zelda games since the first one came out and wish I had had a resource like this! Thanks so much!
Yeah, no problem. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any more help with the game, it's weird and confusing, and I know a lot about it since it's my favorite game in the series.

Oh, that's cool. I started playing the game together with my sister, but then she quit and I played through the rest on my own. Oh, and to warn you, the next "quest" required to get into the Snowhead Temple is a pain. Make sure you do it on the first day, because it actually gets harder to complete if you wait until the second and third days. >_<

Yeah, it's a great site which I also only found just recently. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom