• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora's Mask Three Day Challenge Walkthrough

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Hello fellow ZeldaDungeoners! As my first post on this website, I'd like to share with everyone how to beat Majora's Mask is three days.

First off, most people call it the Six-Day Challenge, I always call it the Three-Day Challenge because you really can't do anything during the first three days. I'd like to say that I've done the Three-Day Challenge Three times already. And I keep forgetting to film it. I've done this challenge hack\cheat free - I don't like using those things, but I'll watch videos of people doing them. The only glitch I use is the East Clock Town escape glitch, but only when I do this challenge, during a normal gameplay, I just stay in Clock Town.

The whole purpose of the Three-Day Challenge is to, well, beat the game in just three days. The way to do this is to ignore anything that is not necessary to get: Pieces Of Heart, upgrades, Stray Fairies

But anyways, here is my walkthrough on how to do it.

The only thing that I will not mention is what Owl Statues to strike, you can decide that on your own.
WARNING: #3-17 MUST BE DONE BEFORE 6 PM ON THE FIRST DAY! IF NOT, YOU'RE SCREWED!

1. Start a new game and go through the first three day sequence, don't forget to collect as many rupees as you can - either play the Deku game in North Clock Town or use that East Clock Town escape glitch.
2. Use the Song of Time only once to return to the Dawn Of The First Day. From here, you cannot use the Song of Time anymore.
3. The split second you get control of Deku Link again, play the Inverted Song Of Time.
4. Go and cure yourself from your Deku form and go get rupees from the bank and buy a bomb bag and any other items you want.
5. Immediately run and get the Red Potion and give it to Koume. Get another Red Potion, we'll use this later for a mask.
6. Run to the Deku Palace and learn the Sonata of Awakening.
7. Learn the warp song and quickly make your way inside Woodfall Temple.
8. Get the Hero's Bow, then play the warp song to leave.
9. Break through the ice to get to Snowhead.
10. Talk to the Goron Baby.
11. Get the Lens of Truth.
12. Follow the spirit of Darmani, get the Goron Mask, get some hot water, thaw out the elder Goron, and learn the Lullaby Intro.
13. Learn the Goron Lullaby, and enter Snowhead.
14. Get Fire Arrows, skip Ghot for now.
15. Return to the Goron Village and get you Powder Keg license.
16. Return to Clock Town at some point at the right time and arrange to meet with Anju at night.
17. Go to Milk Road and bomb the boulder, then rescue Epona.

Can be done after the events above are done.
18. Then you must use Epona to get to the graveyard, get the Captain's Hat from Keeta, enter gravestone #2 and learn the Song Of Storms.
19. Use the Red Potion and get the Stone Mask to make from the invisible soldier.
20. After that, return and beat our friends Odowla and Ghot, but don't forget to meet with Anju.
21. Then mail her letter. You should also teach the scarecrow in West Clock Town a song.
22. Get the bottle by winning the Goron Race.
23. Get the Zora Mask, then gather all the Zora Eggs from the Pirates' Fortress. Take a picture of one of the Pirates.
24. Once you have the Hookshot and the Scarecrow Song, get the Bottle from the Beaver Brothers.
25. Show the picture to the fisherman, then get the three remaining eggs from Pinnacle Rock.
26. Learn the New Wave Bossa Nova, then enter the Great Bay Temple.
27. Beat Gyorg, then return and talk to Kafei.
28. Later, get the letter from the Curiosity Shop owner and deliver it to Madame Aroma to get the Chateau Romani.
29. Get all the necessary items to breech The Well.
30. Go to Ikana and get the Mirror Shield.
31. Infiltrate Ikana Castle and learn the Elegy Of Emptiness.
32. Scale the Stone Towers
33. Enter Stone Tower Temple and defeat Twinmold using the Chateau Romani.

It should be about 6 PM on the Final Day.
34. Immediately warp back to Clock Town
35. If you have any time left, warp to Southern Swamp and get a bottle of Red Potion from the Witch Hut.
climb the stairs in the Clock Tower.
36. Go to the Moon and don't bother with the mini-dungeons since you don't have the masks.
37. Defeat the evil Majora.
38. Watch the end credits.
39. Become shocked that you did it: stare at the TV screen with an expression of shock for few minutes, then jump for joy.
40. Celebrate and leave a comment on this thread saying you did it.

With enough practice, you can beat the game. It will take a little time through.

Here's a few helpful tips:
Overall:
1. When you go back in time, turn of the N54\GameCube\Wii and copy your file. That way incase you mess-up you don't have to go threw the Deku Link stages again. Just deleted your mess-up file, copy your back-up file to an available file and use that file to continue. You will start back in South Clock Town with all your rupees in that Bank. Trust me, it saves time and you won't get annoyed.
2. Don't be like me and forget to film it. Most people won't believe you if you don't have video proof or see it for themselves.
Overworld:
1. Don't walk! Deku Spin everywhere. Only play as normal Link when talking to someone.
2. When you get the Goron Mask, use it as the means of transportation.
3. When you unlock the Owl Statues, always use them.
Dungeons:
1. Before doing the challenge, spend 1 cycle going throughout each dungeon. Get to know every little short-cut like you know yourself.
2. Don't bother with any room that doesn't have a Small Key or the Boss Key.
3. Only get the Small Keys from rooms that are necessary in order to progress.
4. Don't spend to much time on a puzzle.
5. Print off a picture of the maps to use as reference, mark the Boss Key and necessary Small Keys and cross off any thing that doesn't matter.
6. If you fall of a platform or mess up somewhere, you're screwed. This challenge has no room for mistakes.

I wish you all the best of luck. May the Goddess be on your side.

Last edited:
My oh My, another one of these huh? But this time it's from a New game, instead of the one I did, which you need a cleared save data. Is this possible?

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
My oh My, another one of these huh? But this time it's from a New game, instead of the one I did, which you need a cleared save data. Is this possible?

I don't quite get what your asking.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I believe I said that I keep forgetting to film it. I usually get to the Great Bay when I remember that I haven't recorded it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@Elick
The following is part one of this guy's series; you watch the rest in the spoiler tags.
[video=youtube;o2cwJu_Vvp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2cwJu_Vvp8[/video]

This challenge is definitely possible; it's just brain-bendingly hard for some people because of the speed requirements and all that jazz. Like Lamentizer said in his opening post, one mistake and you're typically screwed for that run.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
This challenge is definitely possible; it's just brain-bendingly hard for some people because of the speed requirements and all that jazz. Like Lamentizer said in his opening post, one mistake and you're typically screwed for that run.

Oh, I remember seeing these videos on YouTube. It's thanks to this guy that I tried it. But I believe he does stuff a little bit differently from what I do. Yeah, you are screwed if you make a mistake. But if you some how get ahead of schedule or it's a very very small mistake, you can make it.

Usually, if you don't finish Stone Tower Temple by the third night, you won't be able to finish the challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom