• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Majoras Mask Theory

Everyone claims this is just a easter egg to hint at the remake, but this is what I think:

So we find out what Ravios diary said.

He brings up "3 days being left" which makes me believe Ravio is from Termina because of the 3 day countdown before the moon falls. Because this is on the Hero defeated timeline, this means that Termina doesnt have Link to save them. So its guarenteed that Termina is gonna be destroyed.

Wether its guarenteed or not, Ravio mentions in his diary about a women. And "Shes being duped" and that "hes being a leech"

I think that its possible that this women may be Anju, and he thinks Kafei is leeching off of her for some reason?

Perhaps Ravios devestated that Anju didnt pick him and he wants to leave Anju and Termina.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Except kafei ran off, and thats not exactly leeching is it?

Though it does bring an interesting question to mind, but it wouldn't make sense chronologically. Because even if its a parallel universe its still like the same year.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Interesting theory, though I personally still think it's an easter egg. If you merge with the wall, it does look like you're wearing it when you sit behind it which is kinda cool though...

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Interesting theory, though I personally still think it's an easter egg. If you merge with the wall, it does look like you're wearing it when you sit behind it which is kinda cool though...

This gives me a thought, It would have been the best easter egg ever, if at the final boss, when Link like calls on the triforce if he transformed into fierce deity to keep up with Yuga.

C

Cevan

I'm going to have to disagree. I'm almost positive the woman he's speaking of his Hilda. When he says "he's being a leech," he's referring to Yuga, who is just leeching off of Hilda to achieve his true goal: To recreate Lorule in his own image.

This is a nice theory but when you add timeline placement to the equation and the fact that Ravio is in all probability talking about Hilda the theory falls apart, and that it took Ravio three days makes sense it would have been wrong to leave immediately so he waits three days to see if she comes to her senses and sees through Yugas plot.

The three days may have been a hint but the rest of what was written in the book is very likely not connected to MM in any way.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I'm going to have to disagree. I'm almost positive the woman he's speaking of his Hilda. When he says "he's being a leech," he's referring to Yuga, who is just leeching off of Hilda to achieve his true goal: To recreate Lorule in his own image.

No, he's obviously referring to someone else. Here are my reasons why:

1) I don't think Hilda trusted Yuga at first until someone who actually presented himself as trustworthy managed to convince Hilda otherwise. Honestly, I don't see how this guy can come off as trustworthy to begin with:

504px-Yuga_Artwork.png

2) There's a possibility that Ravio could have a twin brother. As I've explained in another thread, while Ravio's name may be considered an alternative to Link's Japanese name, Rinku, I doubt Ravio is the only "Lorule counterpart" to Link since Ravio called Ravio even in the English version. And the fact that Hilda's name in English is actually the alternative for Zelda's name in English rather than it being, "Hiroda" or "Hiruda" is more proof evidence that there is another "Lorule Link", Ravio's twin brother. For now, I call Ravio's twin brother "Jack" since that name seems to make the most sense that would actually be considered as alternative to Link's English name so far, plus I like the Japanese version for the name "Jack", "Jakku", which is another name to be considered as an alternative to Link's Japanese name "Rinku" other than Ravio. I think the one Ravio was referring to by "He's just a leech." was actually his twin brother Jack(English)/Jakku(Japanese) not Yuga. For more info on this speculation, read my first post and third/latest post on this other thread:

First post:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46588&p=818269&viewfull=1#post818269

Third/latest post:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46588&p=819205&viewfull=1#post819205

3) Honestly, if he was to referring to Yuga, wouldn't he just say Yuga's name to make it less confusing? Though, the same can be about how Ravio mentioning "she" in reference to Hilda, however, unlike Yuga, at least we know better on that he's referring to "she" as in Hilda mostly by way he talks about her. Also, the way he said things in his diary is in a way as if he's jealous of someone. Most likely he's jealous of whoever "he" is and trust me, I don't think he's jealous of Yuga, I think he just doesn't trust Yuga and doesn't like him, I don't see how he can jealous of someone like Yuga. This is one of things that lead me to believe that Ravio was referring to "he" as in his twin brother, who's kind and bloodline was probably once of valor but became corrupt due to tragedies leading to become more and more of carnage, while Ravio and his kind/bloodline always tried but always failed to the hero of valor that Ravio's brother's kind once was because because of the fact that the kind/bloodline of the original Heroes of Lorule (as even referred to by Hilda herself) became corrupt. In a scene in ALBW, Hilda mentions that Lorule once had heroes like Link of Hyrule, only this original Hero of Lorule bloodline was of valor rather than courage. At the end of game, Ravio reveals that he is a coward at but some of Link's courage may have rubbed off on him suggesting that Ravio's kind/bloodline may have been the true hero Lorule always needed but couldn't have due to the absence of courage which is where Link comes in, who teaches Ravio what it means and what takes to have true courage. It is because of Link, Ravio finally gets to become the hero that Lorule always deserved but never truly had until Link came along and fixed that.

Anyways that is all I have to say for now, I'm tired. :tired:

I think the ending makes it very clear that Ravio is referring to Hilda and Yuga, not Anju and Kafei (or alternate counterparts). Ravio was obviously close enough to Hilda for her to know who he was. Hilda clearly had no idea Yuga was going to betray her (unless her shocked expression is part of some more elaborate scheme, which I doubt).

B

bfrost97

I personally think that the only true reference to Majora's Mask within the diary is the fact that he counts down 3 days. Other than this, I'm pretty sure that it's referring to Hilda (she) and Yuga (he).
I think your idea is interesting, but it's a stretch.

VitaTempusN92

I think the ending makes it very clear that Ravio is referring to Hilda and Yuga, not Anju and Kafei (or alternate counterparts). Ravio was obviously close enough to Hilda for her to know who he was. Hilda clearly had no idea Yuga was going to betray her (unless her shocked expression is part of some more elaborate scheme, which I doubt).

I personally think that the only true reference to Majora's Mask within the diary is the fact that he counts down 3 days. Other than this, I'm pretty sure that it's referring to Hilda (she) and Yuga (he).
I think your idea is interesting, but it's a stretch.

In regards to Ravio referring to "he" as in Yuga and why I strongly disagree, please read this post:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46678&p=820510&viewfull=1#post820510

VitaTempusN92

I don't really want to sound rude, but I think you have terrible evidence to support your theory. Ravio obviously is referring to Hilda and Yuga. Hilda is oblivious to Yuga's true intentions, but Ravio senses it. That's why he leaves Lorule for Hyrule.

where is your evidence! Honestly, I find it unwise to criticize on my evidence but yet have no evidence of your own back up your criticism. I think you're mad just that I have evidence and you don't. That being said, I find that what you said as destructive criticism, so I have reasons to be mad. If you don't have anything good to say, then don't bother posting. Also, I still don't think Ravio left because of Yuga. Seriously, saying things like that is like saying Kafei left Termina because of Majora, in which then it wouldn't make any sense even more cause we all know that Kafei never left Termina and that Kafei hiding wasn't because of Majora but because of Sakon. See what I'm trying point out here? If Kafei didn't leave or hide because of Majora, then Ravio's leave for Hyrule never had anything to do with Yuga, part of it maybe, however I doubt Yuga was the real main reason for Ravio's leave, according to what he wrote in his diary, something or someone(not Yuga) may have been bugging him lately. Ravio said in end that one of the main reasons he left was that he needed a hero. The main reason why I think Ravio leaving Lorule actually never truly had to with Yuga is mostly as I have explained in my other post, going by what Ravio wrote in diary, he is obviously jealous of someone (again NOT Yuga). I really don't see how Ravio could ever be jealous of someone like him:

504px-Yuga_Artwork.png

I see a much bigger possibility of Ravio being jealous of this guy:

Jack_Majora_Reborn_zps952e04b6.jpg~original

Yes, the picture IS photoshopped, it's supposed to be my take on what Ravio's twin brother would look like if he had an evil twin. The image is him in his more villain like form, the form he uses only when he expresses himself as a villain as he has more human like "kind" form when he is in "low profile" or "acting of innocence/trustworthiness" mode. So if you ask me, I'd say Ravio was jealous of his evil twin not Yuga and that it was Ravio's evil twin who is behind the whole plot the entire time, earning Hilda's trust, convincing her to trust Yuga, Yuga claiming to Hilda that a crack had suddenly appeared on the grim slate in Lorule's sacred realm (hmm, I wonder who put that crack there, can't be Yuga since he doesn't have a sword!) with Ravio's evil twin acting just as surprised as Hilda when looking upon the crack as if he had nothing to do with it, Hilda then senses the existence of Hyrule's Triforce with Ravio's evil twin grinning like a devil behind Hilda's back, Ravio's evil twin then leaves it up Hilda come up with the scheme to steal Hyrule's Triforce as well as the sages in order to bring back what remains of "Ganon" and infuse it within Yuga so he can be "whole" again (as Yuga has pointed out in the game, he claims he is perfection and by that he means Ganon, basically suggesting that he actually IS the embodiment who bears the conscience of Ganondorf himself since in OoX, when Twinrova "tried" to resurrect him, they brought a "mindless" Ganon instead by mistake.), Hilda has talk with Ravio about the scheme, Ravio doesn't like and this is around the time Ravio writes in his diary about that he understands Hilda wants to do right thing, that she doesn't realize his evil twin is using both her and Yuga for something much bigger than just that "scheme" as he refers to that at the end of the game when he tells her that by taking Hyrule's Triforce (which is what Ravio's evil twin wants), it'll only make things worse for Lorule, Ravio's evil twin brother knowing that Yuga and Hilda don't need to be assisted on carrying out their roles in his secret plan and if he were involved it would only ruin it so he mysteriously disappears from the scene waiting for a good time to further his plan which in the end fails due to Yuga's failure with his role where he was supposed to defeat Link in order for such plan to carry out. Basically, to this in simple terms, Because of Ravio's evil twin did, bringing Hilda and Yuga together to carry out a scheme to steal Hyrule's Triforce, Ravio, who is a coward at heart was in need of a real hero, Link to stop Yuga and save Hilda from Ravio's evil twin, who is was leeching off of Hilda's scheming idea to get what he wanted, "both Triforces", only problem is, Ravio's evil twin mysteriously disappeared before Link could do anything about him. Plus Ravio's evil twin couldn't be present in the actual game since Nintendo wants any evil "Dark Link" figures to remain a mystery and left up to the imagination, theories, and speculation of their fans. Anyways, due to Ravio's twin brother's "plan A" backfiring, he then moved forward with a plan B when he spends four years arranging this new plan. As for what that plan is, well, that's a story for another time, all I can is that involves Hyrule, Lorule, and their Triforces again.

Anyways, that's all for now, I'm tired. :tired:

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

I'm sorry, but you can't use your gut feelings/theories as evidence. NO WHERE is it said that Ravio has a twin brother, and neither does Link. You are really reaching. We have the game's ending for evidence while you have your theories as "evidence".

First off, I KNOW it's NOT evidence, it is a theory that is backed up everything I've been basically trying to say. Before posting your reply, did you READ this post?:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46678&p=820972&viewfull=1#post820972

There IS evidence but there is also the theories that have emerged BECAUSE of the evidence. Like for example, HOW did the crack in grim slate get there in first place? HOW can someone like Hilda suddenly come to think that she can trust someone like Yuga? The ONLY logical answers to those questions all connects to whoever "he" is in Ravio's diary, one, it's obvious that the crack in the grim slate must've been caused by a powerful SWORD strike, I mean HOW else can such a SACRED object crack like that? Two, it's clearly obvious Hilda may have been mislead, NOT by Yuga but whoever cracked the SACRED slate. Next time, READ ALL I have said in the thread that you haven't read yet BEFORE replying.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Hilda - "You vanish on me and now come crawling back? Why?"
Ravio - "forgive me, your highness. I'm a coward at heart. There was no way that I had the courage to stand up to you and Yuga. But I was smart enough to go to Hyrule. I knew they'd have a hero who could help me."

I think that's proof enough that he leaves because of Yuga. And not only that but Hilda. Also, in the end of the game, when Yuga reveals that he does not care for Lorule and wants to recreate Lorule in his image, Hilda is surprised. Surprised that Yuga is betraying her. These three characters and their interactions do not point to any kind of indication of a 4th character being involved. This "He and I devised a scheme that imperiled your kingdom. But I alone will set this right." - Hilda after she explains that Yuga found a crack in the grim slate. More indication that there isn't a 4th person involved.
His diary doesn't make it obvious that he's jealous of anyone. In fact, reading the diary, I don't feel any jealousy coming from him, but I sense he cares for Hilda a lot and will do anything to save her. Even if it means never coming back to Lorule. He left because of what Yuga was doing, to find a hero to save Hilda. He didn't leave because of some twin brother who can't exist and does not exist. Hilda trusted Yuga completely, shown by her surprise at ANOTHER betrayal(she saw ravio leaving as betrayal) This also helps with what Hilda says. That Lorule once had heroes like link. The hero of Lorule left and so they didn't have their hero anymore. By finding link and getting his help, Ravio really is a hero of Lorule.) The diary is just an account of 3 days before he left to find link. It's very likely, with all the planning that was done by Hilda and Yuga, that they had a date set for when they'd start their scheme. On top of that, a twin brother, plotting behind everything in the game, I'm almost certain that with Zelda, Link, and Hilda in the room, that is something he would have brought up. I don't believe any of your theory in this twin brother of ravio, Hilda not trusting Yuga, or what "he" in the diary refers to. Your "evidence" does not even begin to point towards anything your theory says but disproves your own theory. Your assumptions of things happening in the game have nothing to back them up. There is no evidence in the game that helps prove a 4th person is involved in this at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom