• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majoras Mask Remake on the 3DS?

Seeing as Ocarina of Time 3D is so immensely popular that it pushed the 3DS to the top in Japan, I think Majora's Mask 3D is a very big possibility now. Of course, I would want Grezzo to take care of the remake this time around. It looks like they did an excellent job and Nintendo needs to devote their resources to new Zelda games.

I do wonder if they will create a Master Quest though. The original game is probably just as long as Ocarina of Time if you take into consideration the longer dungeons and sidequests. Heck, Great Bay and Stone Tower really have 2 and 3 dungeons, respectively. But with a Master Quest, that still makes Ocarina of Time 3D twice as long, so will they develop a Master Quest for Majora's Mask (different sidequests?) or leave it out entirely?

Also, I would like to see them change the character models around a bit, as the original only used the same models as Ocarina of Time due to Time constraints. Now I know some people have tried to explain that by saying Termina is in an alternate dimension (was MC in an alternate dimension as WW?), but I would still like to see them changed.

Kazumi

chagy
I don't think that Nintendo will make a Majoras Mask remake for the 3DS. I doubt that they would have two remakes one the same console like that. I think that Nintendo would prefer to focus on a new Zelda game for the 3DS now that OoT3D is done and Skyward Sword is almost done. In fact, I bet they've already started work on a new Zelda for 3DS. It's also true that while Majoras Mask is an excellent game, and I personally like it more than Ocarina of Time, it's simply not as popular. There was a reason to remaking Ocarina of Time. It's a legendary title and respected even among non-Zelda fans. Even though it's been ported around multiple times, it was in need of a true remake. As much as I would like a Majoras Mask remake, I don't think that it is need of a remake.

However, if Nintendo decided that they did want to do a remake of MM, there are a few things that I would like them to add. First of all, I'd like the improved graphics and detail that OoT3D got. It's not even the graphics that I particularly like about OoT3D, but all of the added detail in places like Castle Town and houses. Now, I haven't actually played OoT3D because of a sad lack of a 3DS, but I was very impressed by all of those little environmental details. Another thing that I would like them to add to a potential MM3D is some more backstory. While Majoras Mask had an excellent an outstanding story, possibly the best out of any Zelda game yet, there were a lot of things that went unexplained. I'd love it if Nintendo added a little tidbit in that provided the true fans of Zelda with some more backstory. I could possible be just some lore that you can read, or possibly even some awesome collectibles.

The best part of MM3D would be that Nintendo would have an excuse to make a poster of some of that beautiful Majoras Mask art.

This is really nice! I really like how there's easy access to the Bomber's notebook. However, I would make one small change. I'd make buttons for each of the transformation masks that are permanently set since they're used so often. Or maybe even have the arrow keys serve as the transformation masks. Up = Goron Down= Fierce Diety... etc.

That would be awesome if they'd do that!

Also, I think Majora's Mask should have a darker or more colorful touch menu. Perhaps using the same color scheme as Majora's mask? I'd also move the countdown to the bottom screen. I don't think viewing the Map all the time is necessary anyway. A giant clock would be a much better feature.

Yes, I just based the menu colors uncreatively on the N64 game's menus XD but they do need a good sprucing up. And I agree that the clock could easily fit on the bottom screen, although I wasn't sure if that would make it less noticeable to do so. I'd like it however they did it, of course, because I just want this game!

I don't think that Nintendo will make a Majoras Mask remake for the 3DS. I doubt that they would have two remakes one the same console like that. I think that Nintendo would prefer to focus on a new Zelda game for the 3DS now that OoT3D is done and Skyward Sword is almost done. In fact, I bet they've already started work on a new Zelda for 3DS. It's also true that while Majoras Mask is an excellent game, and I personally like it more than Ocarina of Time, it's simply not as popular.

True, I do not have high hopes for a remake, and it would be a wonderful surprise if they ever did make one. The reason is as you said, they aren't likely to make more than one Zelda remake. It's too bad, because I think they could easily make it, most of the graphics are already in OoT3D and the code is all there between the original MM and OoT3D. They could probably have Grezzo do it in a few months, really, since the entire game took only a year to make and they were starting with less than they would be now (things like story and area layout, etc.) A lot of fans want it, and if Nintendo advertised right it would sell to people who hadn't played it before too, plenty of new fans who are playing OoT for the first time would no doubt be interested in it's sequel. Adding this to how little it would take to remake it, I'm pretty sure it would make them a profit. However... I don't trust them to do this, they've let chances like this slip past before.

Still, I think that a Majora's Mask remake wouldn't be a problem, OoT3D didn't interfere with the creation of new games (Nintendo wasn't the one remaking it, after all) and one more remake isn't going to make the 3DS a "remake system," because it has and will have plenty of new games, unless they up and make some new handheld next month (4DS???) XD

The best part of MM3D would be that Nintendo would have an excuse to make a poster of some of that beautiful Majoras Mask art.

Yes! I would buy that, and maybe they'd sell a 3DS cover too X3 then I'd have to buy another 3DS, because I love my OoT cover.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Majora's Mask isn't my absolute favorite Zelda-game, but I think it would be fun to have it on 3DS with improved graphics, plus some new features...

Moon.Flower

I'm the crazy chicken. ;)
Yeah! It's my favorite Zelda game! I love the whole atmosphere of the game and it would be awesome to see it remade. It lags badly on our system. :|

Even though Majora's Mask is my favorite game, I wouldn't want it to be re-done.

Not only do I like this game because of the awesome side quests, and the amazing feeling this game has to it.
But I like it because it's not so popular. I like games that don't get so much publicity and not everyone has played it.

So if they did redo it, then it would probably get more publicity and more people would play it.
I know it kind of sounds selfish saying that I don't want more people to play it, but that's my opinion.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
It's an INCREDIBLE game. But, if they had to water down Ocarina of Time for the DS Community, I think Majora's Mask would be WAY too complicated for that generally young community. I'm not saying all of the community is young, I'm in that community, but still, Nintendo has to play nice for this one. Lol. :)

Absolutely! If this was a larger forum, we could organize something like a petition or a mass spamming to get this done. Seriously I would love to have MM 3D.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
They put Link's Awakening on the e-shop, so why not Majora's Mask too? Although, like others have said, if it's an actual 3DS title, I'd like it later on. Preferably after a new Zelda for the 3DS is released. That way, we'll know for sure that Nintendo is planning on making new ones for the 3DS, not just remakes.

S

starius65

guys i just emailed nintendo about it and i hope to get a reply soon.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
well, first lets look at the past--
ocarina of time --- 1996, N64
Majoras mask --- 2000, N64
Ocarina is 98. Paired with the release date on virtual console, its more probable that a MM remake will come out in 2013 (if it does).

I honestly do not want Majora's Mask to end up as a 3DS remake. There is little obligation for Nintendo to do that, anyway. Ocarina of Time is 3 or more times as popular as Majora's Mask. If they already remade OoT, why bother with MM?

MM has been overrated by people enough lately. I think it being on the Wii's VC is enough.
Because it is the superior game? That is debatable I guess, but I would hate to see OoT remade but not MM. In addition, I don't really see how you could say MM is an overrated game, when OoT clearly is more popular.

I've seen a lot of threads like this, and I'm sure if you've seen those threads you know what I think XD

My answer is yes, absolutely. They have almost everything already done between the old game and the remake OoT, if Grezzo makes it Nintendo won't be distracted from NEW games, and I'd love a portable version of my favorite game to take with me when I travel, which is often, I'm a good 12 hours from home right now. I feel kind of guilty asking them to remake another game right after they give us OoT, but I've been hoping for a portable MM since before OoT3D was announced. It's my favorite game, I own every re-release it's had, and I would buy a remake in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom