• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majoras Mask Remake on the 3DS?

I really hope they do a MM remake. It was not very popular at all. Due to it being close to the end of the N 64 lifespan. I really think they could give it a second chance, and also make it more obvious that there is an inverted song of time. Like have it actually appear in the subscrene so everyone would be like, oh we can slow down time X3. That'll make this game less stressful and more enjoyable!

If they did a MM remake, it would be cool to add a couple hidden dungeons, like big dungeons.
OoT should add more side questy stuff, and MM should add more dungeony stuff for their remakes, both without interfering with the plot of course.

T

Thefourlinks

I can pretty much tell that they will remake Majora's Mask for the 3ds.
If they didn't they would be missing out on a lot of money, and a lot of people would get upset if they didn't.
Majora's Mask is personally my favourite Zelda game I'd love to play it in 3d.
Also a little bonus mask or something (like what was mentioned would be cool as well.)

S

starius65

Vote for a Majora's Mask 3D

who thinks nintendo should do this? would it be cool? why or why not? give us your opinon.
i say yes.

I think it would be a good idea. MM is just as good as OoT, so it deserves a remake. The question is whether there would be enough interest in it from gamers to justify the port. MM wasn't as popular as OoT, which is why it usually isn't ported with the same care and detail as OoT.

There have been no good adaptations of MM... all of them are buggy aside from the N64 original. So it's long overdue.

That isn't because nintendo doesn't care; it's because majora's mask had more content in it (it required the expansion pack) and because it's a ROM, it's harder to emulate

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Yeah! My 64 just died and I was beating other games before I went to Majora's Mask and now that I have OoT 3D, I would LOVE to see MM re-done!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
No. first of all, I want to see new games for the 3DS, not just remakes. Also, MM is my least favorite Zelda game. That does have something to do with it, but I would rather have a new game than a remake for ANY game.

While I can somewhat relate to that, it's not fair that OoT get's a re-release for every generation while MM just gets the cheap end of the stick. Also, remakes exist for people who could not play the original (which, outside of die-hard Zelda fans, seems to be the case with MM), the VC re-release will probably not help as it gets no publicity that way. Also, the final battle would look great in 3D.

Still, too many remakes CAN ruin a console for many people, so maybe it could be later in the 3DS's lifetime?

Last edited:
S

starius65

well, first lets look at the past--
ocarina of time --- 1996, N64
Majoras mask --- 2000, N64

Ocarina of Time(+mq) - 2003, GCN
Majoras mask --- 2003, GCN

Ocarina of time --- 2007, Wii(VC)
Majoras mask --- 2009, Wii(vc)

Ocarina of time --- 2011, 3DS
Majoras mask? --- ????, 3DS?

so, from looking at the past, they HAVE to make it (besides, if they dont, they will have a huge riot).
the main question is WHEN. they took 2 years to re-make it on VC, but it came out a couple months after OOT on GCN
of course, we have to look at the effort. ill post that later, im watching a movie now.

k, there is some extra effort that is being put into this game. but they can re-use some of the models, so, why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirino

Tatakae
I like MM as much as the next guy, but I don't want too many remakes. If it's later in the 3DS' lifetime, them maybe.

S

starius65

how about as a e shop title then. i mean, it has FOUR dungeons. thats a short game.
(if not, then they should at leadt add a majoras mask master quest.)
but yeah, if it is an accual 3DS title then it sould be released later.

I was bored today (never good for me to be bored) because I beat OoT3D on a ridiculously long road trip which conveniently coincided with the game's release and therefor my purchasing of it, and so having just experienced how amazing it was to play one of my favorite games in 3D, I starting thinking about what they could do technically with Majora's Mask if they chose to remake it for the 3DS.

The biggest thing I thought of was that that there are a lot of items in Majora's Mask counting all the masks, so they'd either need a mask tab or they'd need to make the item menu twice as big. Since the sizes they have on OoT3D work nicely in that you can use your fingers with the touch screen, I would think they wouldn't want to shrink anything too much. Perhaps they could make the map tab into a masks tab, and then have the map accessed by simply touching the map in the center of the screen.

Like this:

270134_10150282055108659_703153658_8994396_1523709_n.jpg

However in the diagram I made I put the items and masks on the same tab. And I know these look terrible, I wasn't trying to make them look real XD

312e8b6.png

I added the shield switching cause it always bugged me personally that I couldn't deflect projectiles after getting the mirror shield. I know, very minor annoyance, but there was room, look at that empty menu! (and obviously that person skipped beating some bosses to get the mirror shield before even Goht's Remains, lol)

I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope we do see a remake of Majora's Mask in 3D, it would be great!

Fierce

Deity Link
I was bored today (never good for me to be bored) because I beat OoT3D on a ridiculously long road trip which conveniently coincided with the game's release and therefor my purchasing of it, and so having just experienced how amazing it was to play one of my favorite games in 3D, I starting thinking about what they could do technically with Majora's Mask if they chose to remake it for the 3DS.

The biggest thing I thought of was that that there are a lot of items in Majora's Mask counting all the masks, so they'd either need a mask tab or they'd need to make the item menu twice as big. Since the sizes they have on OoT3D work nicely in that you can use your fingers with the touch screen, I would think they wouldn't want to shrink anything too much. Perhaps they could make the map tab into a masks tab, and then have the map accessed by simply touching the map in the center of the screen.

Like this:

270134_10150282055108659_703153658_8994396_1523709_n.jpg

However in the diagram I made I put the items and masks on the same tab. And I know these look terrible, I wasn't trying to make them look real XD

312e8b6.png

I added the shield switching cause it always bugged me personally that I couldn't deflect projectiles after getting the mirror shield. I know, very minor annoyance, but there was room, look at that empty menu! (and obviously that person skipped beating some bosses to get the mirror shield before even Goht's Remains, lol)

I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope we do see a remake of Majora's Mask in 3D, it would be great!

This is really nice! I really like how there's easy access to the Bomber's notebook. However, I would make one small change. I'd make buttons for each of the transformation masks that are permanently set since they're used so often. Or maybe even have the arrow keys serve as the transformation masks. Up = Goron Down= Fierce Diety... etc.

Also, I think Majora's Mask should have a darker or more colorful touch menu. Perhaps using the same color scheme as Majora's mask? I'd also move the countdown to the bottom screen. I don't think viewing the Map all the time is necessary anyway. A giant clock would be a much better feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom