• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majoras Mask Remake on the 3DS?

Pen

The game is on!
Well, they do have most of the character models ready for a MM3D now when they'v done OoT3D. So it shouldn't be too difficult for Nintendo to put together. And I'm sure it would be successful!

S

starius65

@DuckNoises yes i know it does. i messed up then.

not @DuckNoises ok then. i just really want it for portable/handheld

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Don't get me wrong, I would seriously enjoy playing a Majora's Mask 3D, but it's just not necessary. Ocarina of Time 3D was clearly part of the 25th Anniversary to begin with, and MM is also not the mainstream game OoT is. OoT is recognized as one of the best games of all time, if not the best, to gaming in general. Even many non-Zelda fans realize this. MM, however, didn't get anywhere near the recognition in the public eye that OoT did. It just wouldn't be as successful. Plus, I'd rather see an original Zelda title on the 3DS.

sure sounds good but i truly dont think they will because OoT 3d was for zeldas 25th anniversary and theres still 2 other things happening Skyward sword and four swords

I think it should be done after they release a new Zelda game, but I really would welcome MM3D. It's not far how many OOT re-releases there are while MM has I think................ 2? Those 2 being on Virtual Console and Gamecube Collector's Disc.

C

CosmicChan

oh my god that would be awesome, i absolutley loved the new graphics in OoT3D and i would love to see that with MM
it was a really unique game and i think a new generation should experience it in all its creepiness and glory

Garo

Boy Wonder
I don't get the whole "I want a new one" attitude. Of course you're going to get a new one, regardless of whether or not we get a Majora's Mask 3D. Grezzo would likely develop Majora's Mask 3D while EAD works on the new 3DS Zelda. And honestly, I find it highly likely that we will see a Majora's Mask 3D. Think about it - Ocarina of Time 3D proved to be a massive success for Nintendo, selling more 3DS hardware units than had been previously sold. The sales of the game itself were likely enough to warrant the production of the game, and the added bonus of boosting 3DS sales is icing on the cake.

So imagine a year or two down the line. The 3DS has a nice catalog of games, such as those announced at E3 - Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 3DS, Paper Mario, Super Mario, etc - big games that people are going to really want to play. The 3DS is likely going to have seen a price cut by that point as well, so the units are moving off the shelves pretty swiftly. Nintendo is set to release a brand new Zelda game sometime in the future. This moment would be perfect to launch a Majora's Mask 3D - considerably less production cost, given the prebuilt interface and engine; legions of fans from the classic N64 era (us, in other words), and legions of new fans converted by OoT 3D. Nintendo suddenly has a nice hit on their hands for a comparatively cheap production budget, and they are set for a brand new Zelda game not far into the future.

I don't see any way that making a Majora's Mask 3D would be anything but a huge profit for Nintendo.

M

Majoras ocarina

yeah everytime i go somewhere i want to play MM and i can w/ 3ds if it came out

Z

zelda.time

Want Zelda Majora's Mask 3D? Make Some Noise!

Interview with Aonuma by Nintendo Power:

After playing Ocarina of Time 3D, the next question that comes to mind is: Will we get a Majora's Mask remake next?

Would you like to play such a remake?

Well, Yes!

It's been 13 years since Ocarina of Time was originally released, and one of the big things that we made this remake possible was that there was an outpour of emotions from people who said they would like to see this game done. We said we could do it in 3D, so we did. I think certainly if there was a similar output of emotion and clamor from fans for a remake of Majora's Mask, it wouldn't be an utter impossibility.

Thinking on it now, having a handheld Majora's Mask where you could kind of just set things down on your own time - close it, set it aside and come back to it later - might be a game play element some fans will actually take to and might really appreciate. Especially considering how you really had to rush through the original game, in a sense.

Interview with aonuma by nintendo power:

After playing ocarina of time 3d, the next question that comes to mind is: Will we get a majora's mask remake next?

Would you like to play such a remake?

Well, yes!

It's been 13 years since ocarina of time was originally released, and one of the big things that we made this remake possible was that there was an outpour of emotions from people who said they would like to see this game done. We said we could do it in 3d, so we did. i think certainly if there was a similar output of emotion and clamor from fans for a remake of majora's mask, it wouldn't be an utter impossibility.

thinking on it now, having a handheld majora's mask where you could kind of just set things down on your own time - close it, set it aside and come back to it later - might be a game play element some fans will actually take to and might really appreciate. Especially considering how you really had to rush through the original game, in a sense.

Oh! I can make a clamor! Please, Nintendo! Please remake Majora's Mask! :D I was losing hope for this, but now I have it again!

S

starius65

clammer!

@ mahboilink i thought because oot had a bottom screen of rock, this time it could be marble.

you guys heard (or at least should have) what he said. clammering time!

Kazumi

chagy
Majora's Mask Remake on 3DS May Happen

EDIT: I know that there is already an MM3D thread, but this is specifically about the news.

http://www.destructoid.com/majora-s-mask-might-come-to-the-3ds-if-you-ask-nicely-206951.phtml

According to an interview with Aonuma in the August issue of Nintendo Power, a Majora's Mask 3D could possibly happen. He says that the same level of interest was shown for a MM3D as an OoT3D, and since OoT3D happened, MM3D could as well.

I would personally enjoy seeing an updated version of Majora's Mask. I think that Clock Town would look beautiful with all of the detail and clutter that Castle Town in OoT3D had. Now all I have to do is get a 3DS. What does everyone else think? Would you like an MM3D? What would you like included in it? What do you think of this news?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
If there were a MM3D, then I would probably just want it to have a much better save system. I really can't think of anything else at the moment.

But I personally don't think Nintendo will make another remake for the 3DS, but it's definitely possible. If they're going to focus on Zelda Wii U and don't want to tackle a 3DS project, then they might opt for a MM remake. But I don't think they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom