• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majoras Mask Remake on the 3DS?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I vote yes, but DerpdeDerp has a point. MM didn't get nearly enough sales to warrant a 3D remake, so it IS improbable at least at this point in time. Then again, that was because it was released at the end of the N64's life cycle, so we don't really know if it could have had more sales than it did or even surpass OoT!
P.S Derp, I am one of those who overrates MM but at the same time underrates it. The game deserves a 9/10 at LEAST. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty close IMO. And it's infinitely replayable, LITERALLY.

If Grezzo codevelops with Ninten again, I hope that they kinda rework some graphics, not reuse a lot of OoT3D's textures. Yeah, MM did it, but this IS a remake.

Oh, Azure Sage, I think that MM wouldn't end up on the e-Shop because Nintendo supposedly is focusing on handheld games for the VC of the 3DS, whereas console games are going on the Wii. That's just what I heard, but so far it seems true. I don't doubt they would have next to no problems since the hard data of MM is only about 32MB or so, but still.

skybird11

state alchemist
i really disliked MM for multiple reasons. and by now, most zelda fans should have a wii so they can easily go and buy MM off the VC. OOT and MM have had more than enough remakes!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yes, I'm all in for MM3D! I'd buy it straight on release day! I liked what they did with OoT, and personally I like MM even more than OoT. And Nintendo could really make a fast buck with it. They already have the 3D and updated graphics system from OoT3D and the code from MM, so it won't cost them lots of time and money to make, especially if they delegate it to a 3rd party again.
And for the remake having the effect of delaying a potential new "Zelda 3DS"? Honestly I couldn't care less because I'm currently not looking forward to such a game at all. I haven't played the DS games and I have no intention to do so because they really don't appeal to me (watching some gameplay videos was enough for me). I know I'm in a small minority with this opinion but I'd take a remake of MM over another "new" easy, linear and gimmicky game any day. Swinging my sword with the stylus? No thanks.

B

Bocaj910

I would love to have a better version of my favorite Zelda (unfortunately I own the GC Collector's Edition version, which is guilty of a horrible lag), so yes, I would love Majora's Mask 3D. :)

I dont see it happening, but it would be awesome to play Majoras Mask on a handheld. I wouldnt play it in 3D, because I'm sick of 3d, but just a handheld MM would be great.

Hello, I was thinking about how cool it would be to have Majora's Mask on 3DS. I was wondering what cool new stuff Nintendo could include. Any ideas?

It's a blasted good thing that MM already HAS a sort of boss challenge, because Link doesn't have his own bed in this game.

Also, they should keep the glitches in the game, so that when you're done, you can still run around messing with glitches.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
i think the fierce deity should be useable outside of boss rooms, but it wont happen. darn.
also i dont think dungeons should reset after you save that really annoyed me. :mad:

i kinda posted something like this Last night. :P
I think they should include a Majora's Mask Master quest. it will give players a more of a challenge.
those visions will proberly be back in the original version. as for the glitches, i never noticed any in majora's mask to be honest (till last month, lol) and grezzo will proberly remove them like they did for OOT3D, sad i know =\

Majora's Mask on the Nintendo 3DS?

Pros:

1. It has an extensive fanbase, and many believe the game to have surpassed Ocarina of Time. It is, indeed, a much more involved game that certainly includes every NPC within the plot through many sidequests that occompany the main quest, offering rich rewards upon completion.

2. Many people missed playing it due to the late nature of its arrival on the N64 in 2000, during the transition from N64 to Gamecube. Much like Ocarina of Time, the remake will inspire new gamers to experience what was missed and old gamers to relive their memories, remastered.

3. The pallet is already laid out. Majora's Mask used many of Ocarina of Time's elements, such as the engine, character models, songs, and items/masks. It would require less effort from a developer to create a remastered Majora's Mask, as a remastered engine now exists for Ocarina of Time with which to borrow from.

4. Nintendo will make millions. On top of the money to be made off of this remade classic, it would also add another temptation to a gamer who is still unsure whether they want a 3DS or not.

5. Grezzo can complete this project while Nintendo focuses on new releases for the future. Many are arguing that Nintendo should focus on creating new games, but the fact is that they are. Grezzo remastered Ocarina of Time and they can give the same makeover to Majora's Mask while Nintendo cooks up something for the future.

Cons:

1. Content is limited. To be honest, Majora's Mask, for the player who cares little for Sidequests, was a shorter game than Ocarina of Time, with only 4 main dungeons. I, among others, will argue that the content is similar, as many areas throughout the game, such as Ikana Castle and the Pirate's Fortress could be considered dungeons before dungeons. Even so, a Master Quest was never created for Majora's Mask, and Grezzo would need to create one alongside Nintendo to keep it on the same level as Ocarina of Time 3D, thus increasing development investment. If a Master Quest was not created, more content would have to be added to the original game to ensure quality of this remake with a $40.00 price tag, alongside Ocarina of Time 3D. A Boss Challenge would also be difficult to facilitate, though more than the 4 main bosses and Majora's 3 forms can be fought, including Igos du Ikana.

2. Nintendo has little interest in more remakes after Starfox 64. I wouldn't call this a con per se, but more of a doubt that this game will come to fruition. Instead, Miyamoto seems more confident in a remake for A Link to the Past for the 3DS. Likely, we will see it in the future as a 3D Classics title. Aside from that, it seems as though Nintendo is currently not interested.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Actually, we do have such a discussion. =P

I'm a little against the idea. It just doesn't seem like Nintendo's way. They've already done a Zelda remake on the 3DS. The next one will have to be something new. It might be interesting if they were a little more ambitious with it and remade MM for the Wii U or the next handheld. I'll grant that letting people like Grezzo take care of it doesn't do anything to prevent EAD from producing brand-new games, so I can't really use that argument against it. I'm also not too concerned with tainting the image of MM (unless they to a terrible job and exactly that happens) either. My main concern is the "this worked, so let's do it again" attitude, which Nintendo repeatedly demonstrates is not the best way to produce enjoyable games.

I agree with what that one guy posted.

I would much rather see Nintendo put effort towards an original 3DS game, than remake MM.

That being said, MM is a master piece and in a perfect world I would love to have it remade.

Majora's Mask 3D wouldn't need the boss challenge, you can already rebattle the bosses. If they want to keep a record of times and such, they could add that to a submenu somewhere, maybe in the Bomber's Notebook have a page for personal records? It really doesn't matter to me if they include it or not, same goes for a master quest of Majora's Mask. Yes, they could rearrange the 4 temples, Ikana Castle, the Pirate Fortress, and the two Spider houses, but since most of MM is sidequests a master quest wouldn't have the same effect as the one for OoT did. Unless they actually redid the sidequests, and that would take way more effort than they'd be willing to put into it.

I want them to remake Majora's Mask so it will finally be portable, and I feel that if they don't do it now, they will never do it. They have what they need to make it easily right now, if they don't take this opportunity, I really can't see them bothering to remake the n64 games' code again for the next portable system just to put Majora's Mask on it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom