• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Majoras Mask or A Link to the Past?

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
Ok, I'm nearly done with my 100% of OoT. Since SS won't be out for a while, i decided to do a 100% of mm or alttp. (Yay!) But i don't know which one to do first! Majoras mask is good, but i don't know if i need to make a new file for the anju kafei sidequest, and the game has sidequests that feel like regular quests to do a 100%. ALttP is a classic zelda game, but it may take me a while to beat it 100% cause it has 9 temples. Which one should i do first and why?:huh::huh::shake:=\

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Oh, that'd be a really hard decision if it had to be made by me, because these are my two favourite games in the whole series! I disagree that aLttP is actually longer if you're aiming for 100%, I've seen 100% speedruns of that game on Youtube in under 2 hours (of course without glitches), I myself could probably do that in 3-4 hours now (when I made my video walkthorugh for all heart pieces some years ago for Youtube, it took me about 6 hours including in-between video editing, and I've become better since then).
Majora's Mask will take you ~10 hours for 100% completion if you know what to do, so I'd recommend doing the easier one (LttP) first, but of course it's up to you.

OotLord1003

Young Link
MM, much better (in my opinion) much deeper story, and felt like a real game/movie type.
Although, ALTTP is WAY longer. So if you want a longer game, get ALTTP.
If you want a game that has MANY sidequests, MUCH deeper story, and lot's of masks and things to collect, get MM.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
Well guys thank 4 the help!:D
I've decided to do alttp be4 mm! Unfortunetly, I don't hav a youtube acount so i can't put that on youtube.:( I'll tell you guys how it goes.

S

Sturgeon

Well guys thank 4 the help!:D
I've decided to do alttp be4 mm! Unfortunetly, I don't hav a youtube acount so i can't put that on youtube.:( I'll tell you guys how it goes.

Oh NOEZ! I think it would fit better to do MM before aLttP because MM is the sequel to OoT... It would just make sense in my head, lol ^^

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
What's even better: If you have completed OoT and MM and thought it was too easy, I recommend you doing a three heart quest. I recently did that for both games, and for me it added some extra challenge which wasn't there in normal playthroughs! Especially the Ganon fight required some creativeness: It was the first time that I actrually bought green potions in the game and used Nayru's Love!

Kybyrian

Majora's Mask. I find Majora's Mask much more enjoyable, and it doesn't matter if it takes you longer or whatever to complete it than A Link to the Past, as long as you enjoy it, I recommend it. Of course you may like A Link to the Past more than Majora's Mask. I'm just suggesting that you do whichever one you find more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom