• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Majora's Mask Opera

M. Bulteau

Composer
Just informing that the vocal samples will be late. I had said they would appear somewhere in January.

Well, it seems the date we managed to set up for ONE (hopefully two) of the recordings is two Sundays from now.

So... sorry about the wrong prediction.

This is a very cool project, I really hope to see it finished.
The idea of Link being absent really does make sense, I would be hard to put him in the opera.
In the end will it be preformed on stage, or will it be just audio tracks? Either way, I'm sure it will be great.

PS I saw some of your other works on your website, very impressive.

Last edited:

M. Bulteau

Composer
The original idea is to get it performed, but I would need to contact the owners of the material before, and that could hopefully be done with the help of the guys at Operation Moonfall after having these vocal samples to back up the project's preview and the quality I intend it to have.

M. Bulteau

Composer
Just to let you know, the Clock Town choir vocal sample was recorded today. I will probably only have access to the WAVs on Wednesday.

The choir is split in half by Kafei's recitativo, which, along with the Mayor's Council Room fugato, is intended to be recorded in two weeks.

I'm rehearsing the latter tomorrow morning.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I think this is a very intriguing idea and I find it great that Zelda is influencing others to create their own version of a timeless tale. I also think the absence of Link is a unique idea and may really bring out the fragility of life in ways Majora's Mask as a game could never really show.

M. Bulteau

Composer
To the explanation-mobile!

As you remember, samples were promised some time ago. Well, they were recorded. It was the Clock Town Choir. There were some setbacks that made the recordings unusable, so other methods had to be used (live and learn).

It became faster to skip ahead to the next sample while the first was being redone, so here it is:

[video=youtube;mle6z8kx428]www.youtube.com/watch?v=mle6z8kx428[/video]

This is a demo, and as such the singers who kindly helped with its making are not professional opera singers. If you like what you hear, imagine what a real opera could do with it!

Other demos will follow. Faster, this time. Stay tuned. I will soon open a blog to organize all of this.

P.S: Mind the accents. xD

It seems quite interesting! A lot of talent I'm seeing concerning this, a lot of creativity too! I would go see it, that's for sure.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Woo hoo! I am loving this! I just have one question. Will you be filming the opera as a movie.... or touring and preforming it live? If you are doing it live, make sure to stop in Michigan!

THis is an amazing project... I can't wait until demo #3! :D

M. Bulteau

Composer
TwilightDeku: Your question has been answered, along with others, at Q&A#7

Also, there's a Stone Tower instrumental test there.

Last edited:

M. Bulteau

Composer
Demo #3 is up!

[video=youtube;cNP6KdSKlQc]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNP6KdSKlQc[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom