• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask on Virtual Console

Shnappy

derp
I think it's awesome that it's coming out on virtual console, but I'm not sure if I want to buy it because I can already play it on Wii with my Gamecube Collectors edition. But it is getting the best Zelda game available to more people, which is awesome.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Great, Majora's Mask has already been released in Japan and Europe on the VC...but not the USA??? (See vc-reviews.com) Wow...
It's most likely going to come out the next Monday but come on Nintendo, making us wait on this game forever.
I just got 2000 Wii points on the Wii Shop, so this better come out next Monday or I'm gonna be pretty disgusted.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
It takes a bit longer for the games to come to North America for some reason. The original Smash Bros was out in Japan weeks ago and we still don't have it. Adventure of Link for example came out on the VC in Japan in January of 2007, and we got it in June. So, I wouldn't expect Majora's Mask to arrive any time soon. This year is a safe bet though, and hopefully by summer, but that might even be too soon.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
It's a bit ridiculous that we don't have either SSB or MM already.

If MM is out in the PAL regions, then I expect MM to be out in the NA region by maybe next week, at least by the end of April. As for SSB... I don't really care. It never leaves my N64, but I would like to have it on my VC, just in case. ;) Besides, new generations need to be introduced to one of the greatest fighting games of all time.

S

skynet136

me too johnny boy i just bought a wii points card specificlay for that game! and i wanted it to come out this week it better come out in april at least if not on monday!

Knowing NOA, we'll probably have to wait a few months for SSB, and MM.

I also don't get why people want the N64 Smash bros, when Melee and Brawl are better.

I have a question to anyone who has downloaded Majora's Mask, does the virtual console version work better then the Collectors Edition verison?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I also don't get why people want the N64 Smash bros, when Melee and Brawl are better.
BLASPHEMY!!! Each game is unique, despite their relationship to one another.

But to stay on topic, I heard that MM is just as glitchy as the Collector's Edition version. Maybe they're patching that for the NA release?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Maybe they're patching that for the NA release?

I really hope they do. They have gone back and tweaked things in the VC games like the potential seizure-inducing flashing screens in AoL, and chaning Punch-Out to "Mr. Dream", so I suppose (and hope!) it would be possible.

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
I can't wait for MM to be released in NA, but I hope the glitches, if they exist, are fixed upped before it gets here.

So now all the console Zeldas are on VC, hopefully they'll create virtual handheld or something for the DSi & then we can have the rest of the Zeldas. I hope that I'll be able to say "Good News Everyone!" eventually with news of a VC for all the Gameboy games.

Last edited:
C

CuMcL

Saffron City.

BLASPHEMY!!! Each game is unique, despite their relationship to one another.

But to stay on topic, I heard that MM is just as glitchy as the Collector's Edition version. Maybe they're patching that for the NA release?

I heard the Vc version worked pretty well. I saw one guy mention some glitches, but pretty much everyone else I've seen said it runs fine.

I hope it comes here soon. If it doesn't I might get impatient and blow my 1000 points I have saved on something else. I don't think it'll be too long, since big games like Zelda usually aren't too spread out between regions, but this is Nintendo we're dealing with, and they never work how I expect them to, so...

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I had a thought the other day on it's release here, and I really hope they don't wait to release it along side Spirit Tracks, which is probably coming in mid-November (based on the release of other Zelda titles). Nintendo seems to sometimes release VC games along side main titles to compliment them, like releasing Mario 3 close to Galaxy and Metroid close to Corruption.

Kazumi

chagy
I'm betting everything on it being released on Monday. I act like I know for sure that it will be released on Monday sometimes.. Not a good idea. Now, the OoT port to the VC, was the N64 version, not the GC or Collectors one, so why make the MM port the Collectors Edition one? I really don't think they will wait till mid-November to release it, that would just be torture to us. Plus, I already bought 2000 points, and if they don't hurry, I may be overcome with the overpowering urge to spend them! D:

I am happy to hear MM is slowly arriving to different VC download channels of the world, it is a game I sure love to pay to have play it in my wii.
---
Yeah, I liked Safron City in the original SSB.

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Well it's May now and still no MM...

My guess is that they are waiting for us to reach 299 games, then the week after they can release it as the 300th game, like they did with Mario RPG as the 250th and AoL as the 100th.

We are currently at 298 games, so if I'm right (and I hope I am) MM could and should be released in 2 weeks as the 300th game.

Of course this is all spectulation, but I hope I turn out to be right. I know other people are thinking this as well from what I've seen. I guess all we can do is wait...are we done waiting yet!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom